Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So who is going to the ANA

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK...I need a holiday and the ANA sounds like a good one to me. So who is going???

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on being there. I have been to every ANA since 1970.image
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Just booked the hotel. I am going to image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conveniently on the west coast this year, so I will be there.
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I will be there for the entire event, from 8/6-13. Stop by my table and say hello.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday, fly in, fly out...
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For at least one day - haven't seen the Seated Dollar set since 2008!
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there Tues-Sat. Also the Glendale and Verdugo Hills coin clubs will be having a joint meeting on Saturday since the show conflicts with the usual meeting times. Should be fun. Hopefully some of you can make it.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there the entire show. Don't remember my table offhand.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: carabonnair
    Conveniently on the west coast this year, so I will be there.

Me too since it's so close.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there the day of the PCGS Luncheon.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there from Wednesday morning to Saturday afternoon. image
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our crew will be at the show for the whole time (convenient that it's local!).

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    We'll be at Table 441.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I should be there the entire show.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody tells me I should go to the ANA shows, but every time I have gone the dealer's prices were very high, and I came home less than happy. I've been to five ANA shows as a collector between 1976 and Tampa several years ago. While there were coins to see, I left disappointed. To me the ANA shows are way overrated. I MUCH PREFER the winter FUN shows where the show management is FAR friendlier to dealers, and the dealers are happier. I like Baltimore FAR more than the ANA.

I thought about doing an exhibit at the winter ANA in Orlando this year. Then I read about how you have to have YOUR cases drilled if you use them. My wife and I said, "NO!" All I want to do is educate other collectors, and the ANA is playing those games. No thanks. I will not do an exhibit there. The ANA is not a collector friendly organization. I have been a member for over 25 years, that's how I feel about about the organization. The ANA has been scandal ridden for years, and I can't see any road to reform for it. The management of the ANA is out for itself, not collectors.

As General Sherman said, "War is hell. You can't reform it." The same is true for the ANA.

If the show is within a short distance of where I live, I'll go to it. Otherwise forget it.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in. There's no substitute for seeing coins in hand.

Lance.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there from Wednesday to Friday doing photos at table 633.
  • Options
    FunwithMPLFunwithMPL Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there all week. Don't forget to check out the exhibits. I will have a MPL's exhibit on display.

Carl
    Collector
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope to see everyone there!
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BillJones

The ANA is not a collector friendly organization.

wow, that's not my impression at all.

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there. Be sure to catch my "Money Talks" presentation: "A New Grading System" - Thursday, August 11 at 9:00.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the show and to hearing about Rick Snow's "A New Grading System"
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    Team CRO will be there for the duration.
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    We will be there for the duration of the PNG and ANA Show.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    TrainNut and I will be there for the week. Maybe the PCGS Forumites could meet up someplace.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Planning on making a week of it
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Tuesday toThursday for me
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so excited to be going to the Anaheim ANA show. I feel like I've been in "coin show withdrawals"! I will be there for the preshow at table 814 and table 657 for the main show. With all the extra time I've had at home helping my hubby while he's in the halo, I went ahead and put together a new exhibit and am very excited to debut it at the Anaheim ANA! So all of you who are attending the show, PLEASE take a minute to check out all the exhibits!

I will also be doing a mega show report, so if you'd like to be part of it, be sure to stop by my table and let me know so I can take your picture!!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Barndog
    Planning on making a week of it

I'll be looking for your top hat.
    ;-)
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First big show in over a year. Hope it's a good time.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ThePennyLady
    I am so excited to be going to the Anaheim ANA show. I feel like I've been in "coin show withdrawals"! I will be there for the preshow at table 814 and table 657 for the main show. With all the extra time I've had at home helping my hubby while he's in the halo, I went ahead and put together a new exhibit and am very excited to debut it at the Anaheim ANA! So all of you who are attending the show, PLEASE take a minute to check out all the exhibits!

I will also be doing a mega show report, so if you'd like to be part of it, be sure to stop by my table and let me know so I can take your picture!!

Looking forward to seeing your exhibit.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there on Friday for the PCGS Lunch. Might come up Thursday too.
  • Options
    We will be there with lots of error coins. Table #747
    www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.
  • Options
    JBatDavidLawrenceJBatDavidLawrence Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team DLRC will be there from Friday-Sunday! 9 days of Numismatic Glory!

Save for a day spent with my kids in the Magic Kingdom, I should be there the entire time.
    John Brush
    President of David Lawrence Rare Coins www.davidlawrence.com
    email: John@davidlawrence.com
    2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
  • Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be there at table 687

Buying and Selling H-A-W-A-I-I medalls, tokens, royal orders etc

Also USA coins

Gary Alan Tanaka
    CCE GT3
    ANA, HSNA
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be there at my table for the full show... stop by and say hello at Table #752.

Will also be at the informal meeting of Sample Slab collectors that will be Wednesday 8/10 @ 6:30pm at the Anaheim Hilton lobby bar. If you like sample slabs you should be there!

Will also have a joint meeting of the Glendale Coin Club (where I'm president) and the Verdugo Hills Coin Club on Saturday 8/13 @ 1pm at the Anaheim Hilton Huntington Rooms B&C. All are welcome to attend for free and for a free chance to win one of 21 great raffle prizes, including some really great PCGS sample slabs w/ 1 oz. silver coins. We'll have Jeff Oxman speaking on collecting Morgan Dollars so it will be educational as well. Hope some of the forum members here can attend and join in on the fun.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there for the duration. My 37th consecutive ANA behind the table. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I grow up.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been to a major show in about 10 months now, so I'm really excited to be going.
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see on the ANA site that the show is from August 9th through the 13th. Which is the first day where they let the "unwashed masses" attend? I ask, because the shows I attend have a dealer's only day before letting the rest of us in.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Team Dave Wnuck Numismatics (which is actually just a team of one) will be set up at table #643.
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My business, Rich Uhrich Rare U. S. Coins Inc., will be at the ANA show (but not the Pre-Show) for the duration, at table #433.

Please stop by and say hello!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    1Bustcollector1Bustcollector Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    I'm going there to goof off, look at lots of coins, meet up with friends, and enjoy some much needed R & R!

Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: baseball

Everybody tells me I should go to the ANA shows, but every time I have gone the dealer's prices were very high, and I came home less than happy. I've been to five ANA shows as a collector between 1976 and Tampa several years ago. While there were coins to see, I left disappointed. To me the ANA shows are way overrated. I MUCH PREFER the winter FUN shows where the show management is FAR friendlier to dealers, and the dealers are happier. I like Baltimore FAR more than the ANA.

I thought about doing an exhibit at the winter ANA in Orlando this year. Then I read about how you have to have YOUR cases drilled if you use them. My wife and I said, "NO!" All I want to do is educate other collectors, and the ANA is playing those games. No thanks. I will not do an exhibit there. The ANA is not a collector friendly organization. I have been a member for over 25 years, that's how I feel about about the organization. The ANA has been scandal ridden for years, and I can't see any road to reform for it. The management of the ANA is out for itself, not collectors.

As General Sherman said, "War is hell. You can't reform it." The same is true for the ANA.

If the show is within a short distance of where I live, I'll go to it. Otherwise forget it.

You're post makes me feel better about my decision to cancel my flight and hotel reservations, TWICE. Try as I might (and I think I try hard), I just can't really get into coins.

But as for you, it would seem like 20 years has been quite a bit of time such that your experience might be different if you went today.

Come to the dark side... Paper money is where its at. Far more fun, much less disillusionment.

And, yes, being local, I'll be there for a quick visit and to attend the auction.

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: baseball

You're post makes me feel better about my decision to cancel my flight and hotel reservations, TWICE. Try as I might (and I think I try hard), I just can't really get into coins.

But as for you, it would seem like 20 years has been quite a bit of time such that your experience might be different if you went today.

It's funny - some of us try and we might and still can't stop thinking about coins... image

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    MaryAnn and I will be at table #313 for the whoooooooooole enchilada.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    It's about an hours drive for me, so I plan on going one of the days.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I went to the LA and San Francisco ANA shows. I am convinced of 1 thing. The state of California can not put on a good ANA show. I'm waiting for the Denver ANA show August 2017.

Besides, I just found out that it's the same weekend as the DCI Finals in Indianapolis. I going there. Don't know what DCI is? Ask a band geek!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be there Friday. Can't wait

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill be there Tuesday to Thursday! Just booked my very long and expensive flights.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file