Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Greysheet pricing for silver proof sets

piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
I need help. I don't have a current greysheet to find out pricing for silver proof sets from 1992 thru 2016. Can someone please take a picture of this in the greysheet and post it please?

OR

answer this question. If I can buy any year 10% back of greysheet bid is there any money to be made selling them on eBay where 9% is taken right off the bat?

I have a chance to buy a boatload of them, but this is not my strong suit, any help would be appreciated. thanks.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    JohnFJohnF Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to buy your own copy here:

https://www.cdnpublishing.com/

John Feigenbaum
    Whitman Brands: President/CEO (www.greysheet.com; www.whitman.com)
    PNG: Executive Director (www.pngdealers.org)
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got about 8 years of back issues. The prices fluctuate for silver and gold, weekly. If you need ballast for your boat, let me suggest statehood quarters. They'll keep you buoyant whereby old greysheets make good kindling. image
  • Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it is even easier when a member will just mail you a recent issue because they are nice.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mustangmanbob

And it is even easier when a member will just mail you a recent issue because they are nice.

i wonder how many tons of sheets are tossed monthly?

do we have an eco-friendly solution for this?

i do digital. not to imply digital is eco-friendly. power comes from somewhere.

why don i have even a small solar panel? im dropping the ball here.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Originally posted by: JohnF

It's easy to buy your own copy here:

https://www.cdnpublishing.com/

Thanks for the link but I barely use it, think my most recent copy is 18 months old, I'm more of a precious metals guy and thought someone here could just take a picture and send it to me in a message. Maybe?
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the greysheet is copyright and licensed specifically to an individual - says so right on the pafes of the pdf. Taking a photo/scan of copyrighted material is still copyright infringement. Having somebody send you the physical copy from last week or month is proba1bly ok.
    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BStrauss3

Remember the greysheet is copyright and licensed specifically to an individual - says so right on the pafes of the pdf. Taking a photo/scan of copyrighted material is still copyright infringement. Having somebody send you the physical copy from last week or month is proba1bly ok.

Gotcha, wasn't aware of that. Sorry.

maybe someone can answer my alternative question? I have nothing to compare to what they go for on eBay, which is why I'm asking for greysheet bids.

The question basically is there still money to make if I buy a 1992-2016 silver proof set 10% back of greysheet bid when eBay/PP takes 9%?
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be worthwhile.
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mannie gray
    I don't think it would be worthwhile.

Exactly, unless silver jumps several dollars, and still a lot of work for the $.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Many dealers buy at 20-25 % back of bid .. I would pass on 10 % back of bid... for resale
  • Options
    Thanks for the help everyone.

I have a question...where does greysheet, or how does greysheet determine values when they appear to be so far off from what dealers pay when greysheet is specifically priced for dealer to dealer? At least I thought it is.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful on some of the greysheet pricing on some of the sets, you need to check ebay pricing on several: you will loose if you buy based on - bid percentage.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file