Home U.S. Coin Forum

Headlines from CoinWorld. "U.S. Coinage soon to feature color ."

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On down the slippery road of the Royal Canadian Mint...

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Ughhhh
  • AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    Please NO! For all that is holy, let this not happen.
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's shaped funny too, like a guitar or smoething.

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go Somali...your monopoly is about to end.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way!! Is there an authoritative source for this rumor?? Cheers, RickO
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    The coins already have a color.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home *****ting Channel is going to have a field day
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • WilliamWilliam Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Not a rumor. The bill has now been signed into law. See White House link

William T. Gibbs
    Managing Editor
    Coin World
  • kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    Oh my...Don't they know what the enamel/niobium coins look like after a year's worth of circulation? It's not pretty, that's for sure.
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dpoole

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My thoughts exactly!!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about time. Us old Dinosaurs had their days in the sun. We need a colorized version of the 5 oz pucks.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheesh.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Please God no... I might have to get my hands on one to remind me what a joke congress and the mint are these days.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

yeah, some good, some bad.
  • libertydudelibertydude Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Ew, not a fan. Have you seen some of the (hideous) colorized ASEs done buy a third party? Always wondered how companies can colorize the ASEs without facing charges of defacement...
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The colorized proposed commemorative coins are from the "Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act".

One can find out about this law and the politics involved in the usual places.

The Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act would direct the U.S. Treasury to issue up to 50,000 $5 pink gold coins,
    up to 400,000 $1 silver coins and 750,000 half-dollar clad with a design to symbolize the fight against breast cancer in 2018.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the blurb from Coin World: http://www.coinworld.com/video...brief&utm_content=

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least it is limited to this commemorative run.... so far. Cheers, RickO
  • libertydudelibertydude Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: WillieBoyd2
    The colorized proposed commemorative coins are from the "Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act".

The Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act would direct the U.S. Treasury to issue up to 50,000 $5 pink gold coins,
    up to 400,000 $1 silver coins and 750,000 half-dollar clad with a design to symbolize the fight against breast cancer in 2018.

OMG that's even worse. So sick of the pink month.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guy's, all the coins will "Tone" into a brilliant White!image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pink alloy won't be as bad as an applied pink surface color. I bet this will be a very popular issue.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

So why not use rose gold?

I'm so glad our government has nothing more serious to trouble themselves with.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: johnny9434
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

yeah, some good, some bad.

What would be cool is a translucent coin with the devices etched in white.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ms70

So why not use rose gold?

I'm so glad our government has nothing more serious to trouble themselves with.

Are pink gold and rose gold the same here?

Check out the different types of colored gold on Wikipedia.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, don't all US coins already have color? These coins aren't going to be colorized, they're going to be rose-gold, which is just a more copper-heavy alloy.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Soon they may even follow it up with the (glow in the dark) type as well.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Glow in the dark" and "Tone white" image
    ... great thoughts from likeminded humorists.
  • TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
    I am intrigued by this. I am optimistic on how this coin will look because the pink color will be achieved by an alloy. It is not being done by painting or enameling after the coin is struck, I would not care for that.

They are also increasing the purity of the $1 coin, which I also think it a good idea. I did understand how they previously wanted to make the commemorative dollars the same composition as the old silver dollars, but if they can make a .999 coin cheaper than a .900 coin it seems like a no brainer to make that switch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file