Home U.S. Coin Forum

A Numismatic Marriage

Here is a video I recorded last night. It is from our monthly Wilmington Coin Club meeting. Each month we have a presentation. Garrett is a fellow young numismatist and always gives a great presentation. I highly recommend that you watch it.

The topic is - A Numismatic Marriage- Capped Bust Images on Paper Money - I know you will enjoy it.

Garrett has won several ANA essay awards and gave this presentation up at the ANA show in Chicago.

A Numismatic Marriage -

Comments

• UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garret is the real deal!

I watched him give this same talk at the JRCS meeting at ANA, and everyone was absolutely stunned!

You must watch it!
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    Kenny's dad here. Garrett is now 13 and has been amazing to watch in the three years I have known him. His fund of knowledge is that of a very seasoned collector plus he is a good kid. We are really fortunate to have several very passionate young numismatists in our Wilmington Coin Club. Several will be going to the ANA Summer Seminar on scholarships.

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 35,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I, too, watched Garrett's presentation at the JRCS annual meeting at the 2015 ANA Summer Convention in Chicago last August. I would encourage everyone to watch this video, and marvel at Garrett's research and presentation. And remember his name, as he is a numismatic prodigy who will certainly become a leading numismatist in the future. His depth of knowledge belies his years, and his genuine interest is contagious. And as has already been said, he is a nice guy to boot.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kid is incredible. Such a bright star for the coin industry. image
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Great video. (1) Interesting. (2) I learned something.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool video
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video... great kid... both of them... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file