Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Printing labels on eBay not working, but PayPal is

I was trying to print labels for the nice people on eBay who won my auctions at cents on the dollar, but it is not working.

So I called eBay and they said it is a system wide problem and they are aware and working on it.

He said I could try using PayPal or the carriers site.
These are PCGS slabs with a 3 oz. weight, which normally costs $2.60 with the new rates.

So I go to PayPal and I can print labels there - and they were only $2.54It's a first class package with tracking and six cents cheaper than eBay.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to transfer the PO tracking #'s to your eBay listing account, this way they won't gig you.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good information, thank you......

These constant increases in postage rates just fry me. They leave the 49 cent stamp alone, so the world doesn't notice.
    It people like us, that actually ship stuff, that get dinged to death. Remember when a first class, one ounce package, would ship with a single stamp ?
    An ounce was an ounce, once upon a time.....Now that a 'package' or bubble envelope is a separate entity, at 2.54, that's a 520 % increase.....and they still claim to be losing money.
    Rant over......
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big pile of 32c stamps I bought for 75c on the dollar worked just fine last night.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this last night as well, although my ebay labels did print out, ebay needs to adjust their rates to reflect the USPS...or I guess I could hand jam the info onto paypal...the six cents may be justified with having the info logged in at ebay.

(That 113 error is back!)
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does eBay have a reprint option like PP does?
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

Yes they do, but you must reprint within 24 hours.
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by: commoncents05

Yes they do, but you must reprint within 24 hours.

One could always cancel the eBay label and use PP. Both use the same source. I've never had a canceled label not get refunded.
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a great suggestion from someone on the boards a few weeks ago, and that is to save the original label as a PDF file. Reprint anytime.....

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept re-setting my ebay postage shipping page yesterday due to the fact that it was showing the cost at $2.54, not $2.60 as it had the day before. This was on Ebay. Maybe the 500 pound gorilla doesn't care about a few bananas, now. They're making all the money off the front-end.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always print my labels from paypal. Just make sure if you insure that you select USPS in the drop down box instead of the more expensive Shipcover.

Tracking numbers automatically show up for ebay items in both paypal and in my ebay when you print shipping labels using the print shipping label link at the bottom of the paypal item details page.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Originally posted by: thebeav

I had a great suggestion from someone on the boards a few weeks ago, and that is to save the original label as a PDF file. Reprint anytime.....

I mentioned that same thing here some time ago. For me it works best if I use Internet Explorer. You get the option to save or print. If you save it, you have to go to the saved document to print it.
  • Options

I mentioned that same thing here some time ago. For me it works best if I use Internet Explorer. You get the option to save or print. If you save it, you have to go to the saved document to print it.

Had the post office return some mail to me because I shipped it after the date on the label.

• Options
    Originally posted by: derryb

Had the post office return some mail to me because I shipped it after the date on the label.

Never had that happen. I try to ship on or before the label date. Unless I know I'm going to ship on the label date, I usually postdate the label a day or 2. If it was not scanned by the USPS you should be entitled to a refund.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

You can't use IE when printing UPS labels. It just doesn't work.

I have to use FireFox for UPS.
    eBay is aware of the issue and doesn't care about fixing it.

• Options
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

You can't use IE when printing UPS labels. It just doesn't work.

I have to use FireFox for UPS.

eBay is aware of the issue and doesn't care about fixing it.

Most if not all GuvMint sites are optimized for IE. I have no problem printing USPS labels from IE. IE gives me the option to save or print whereas Chrome or FF are print only.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    If you buy through paypal, the insurance excludes coin and bullion. if you buy through the usps, you qualify for insurance.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OperationButter

If you buy through paypal, the insurance excludes coin and bullion. if you buy through the usps, you qualify for insurance.

Why would PP venue exclude coins when USPS insurance covers them? The USPS only insures bullion if it's sent registered.
  • Options

Paypal shipping labels let you choose between USPS or Shipcover for insurance. As mentioned earlier USPS insurance does not cover bullion unless shipped registered mail. Registered mail cannot be purchased on a website, has to be done at the counter.

• Options

Why would PP venue exclude coins when USPS insurance covers them? The USPS only insures bullion if it's sent registered.

Read the fine print. Im not sure.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

Read the fine print. Im not sure.

Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) sets the policy for USPS services. It provides for insurance on bullion only if sent registered mail. Note that the paypal option for "shipcover" insurance is not USPS insurance. I always choose USPS insurance over Shipcover when creating a paypal label and I always choose paypal labels over ebay labels.

• Options
    Can always count on Derryb to know his stuff. Thanks for clarifying image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file