Home U.S. Coin Forum

Which 5 oz ATB finish do you like better?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you collect the 5 ozer "pucks" which finish do you like best - the collector version or the "bullion" finish?

I like them both, but I've always been partial to the brilliant rev. proof appearance.

What say you?
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the "proof like" bullion version & it's a heck lot less expensive.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the collector version.

I have several of these slabbed and so far none have developed any haze or spotting.

I have the complete 2010 year set so these have been slabbed for over 5 years so hopefully they will remain as pristine as they currently are.

GrandAm :)
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I prefer the Collectors version. Have had all of them slabbed by our Host.
    They are as pristine as the day I received them.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started this thread because I've taken some photos recently of some raw coins that I planned to sell and with the right lighting, they really come alive. Dang!

I knew it would happen.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jmski52

I started this thread because I've taken some photos recently of some raw coins that I planned to sell and with the right lighting, they really come alive. Dang!

Lets see um !

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this'll work...

Hah! I can use ebay as a photo link.

I knew it would happen.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like your picture of the Mt. Hood ATB puck. The trees in front of the mountain look remarkably cool.
    Mark

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA
    I prefer the "proof like" bullion version & it's a heck lot less expensive.

I don't collect, but I have to agree.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapor Blast? Is that a real thing?

I prefer the Cool Ranch finish.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look almost 3D. Nice

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had gotten a Yosemite bullion puck for a friend and I had the collector puck in my collection, so I had the chance to compare both side by side.

Might just be me, but the bullion version screamed "drink coaster" sitting next to the frosted version. Though it would make a nice coaster, you might have to glue felt onto George's face.

I only have the collector versions...
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    IMO, both the bullion and the collector version ATB's are a fantastic coin series to collect. I have a full set of each. The bullion version I collect the 69 DMPL and to be honest, is almost a completely different coin when compared to the collector version. Fantastic series and look forward to the next 5 years left in the series.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are Great! But I'm impartial to the collector P versions tho. Maybe because the bullions were struck in excess...and not as great premiums...(investment).
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the collector version, but my first choice would be cameo proof (like the regular size quarters).

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    The upcoming design coming out this month is a real looker. Mint exploded the mintage though image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file