Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Am I the only one seeing the new change to this page??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Everything now looks sort of like it used to across the page but all the Forums, etc. are hidden. Another "upgrade" I suppose.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on the back arrow about 2 inches above your avatar to un-hide them.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The A+ & A- button doesn't work on my MAC,,,,

never has since the upgrade.
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by: GRANDAM

The A+ & A- button doesn't work on my MAC,,,,

never has since the upgrade.

Never found that that did much. I do have a zoom feature with FireFox that works to magnify the whole screen.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my laptop, I still have the old message board page with the 6 forums listed to choose from, the only info on the page. I can get it on my deaktop when I type in the address from the laptop. But I have yet to locate that page through the available links on my desktop. If and when I do, it will save me a couple of clicks.......on the desktop.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options

correct, I figured that out about five seconds after the page loaded. it seems they are trying to replicate the old "appearance" with the new software and it's getting a little annoying from my perspective. so much so that it has indeed affected how much time I spend here and how much I'm willing to participate when I sort of have to re-learn things.................constantly. it sort of reminds me of the comparison between a phone connection and cable --- whenever anything takes time to load, like 10-15 seconds, I tend to get tense due to cable spoiling me. with this software change I just get tired. I am starting to accept that there are indeed members who are spending less time at the forum(s) because of the change.

regarding this latest thing, it was much better with a smaller thread page and the categories right there to access. it may sound petty, but having to call up the categories on one side of the screen and then to "hide" them on the other side is just plain stupid. do the IT guys who are managing this even use the site and does our feedback matter??
  • Options
    Originally posted by: keets

correct, I figured that out about five seconds after the page loaded. it seems they are trying to replicate the old "appearance" with the new software and it's getting a little annoying from my perspective. so much so that it has indeed affected how much time I spend here and how much I'm willing to participate when I sort of have to re-learn things.................constantly. it sort of reminds me of the comparison between a phone connection and cable --- whenever anything takes time to load, like 10-15 seconds, I tend to get tense due to cable spoiling me. with this software change I just get tired. I am starting to accept that there are indeed members who are spending less time at the forum(s) because of the change.

regarding this latest thing, it was much better with a smaller thread page and the categories right there to access. it may sound petty, but having to call up the categories on one side of the screen and then to "hide" them on the other side is just plain stupid. do the IT guys who are managing this even use the site and does our feedback matter??

I don't have any issue with going to the left to choose another forum to browse. It's all in getting used to stuff. Also it's nice to have the search function available without having to go to the forum "home/main" page.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that remains the same is change......just take the time to get used to it.

I am finding the new format to be quite acceptable. Maybe I spent more time familiarizing myself

and exploring from the beginning.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    now I'm at work on a laptop and the page is configured the way it was prior to this morning at home. strange..................
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See your Caps Key is still broke is all.

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for change we would never have sent a man to the moon.

Not only is change inevitable, it is for the greater good.

Don't fear change. Don't cower away from it.

Embrace it. Make it your friend.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish they would have left some of this stuff alone. jmo
  • Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    Worst forum upgrade evar!
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: abcde12345
    If it wasn't for change we would never have sent a man to the moon.

Not only is change inevitable, it is for the greater good.
    Don't fear change. Don't cower away from it.
    Embrace it. Make it your friend.

With this , I agree.

The sooner change becomes obsolete, the sooner it becomes a cl*****ic. image
  • Options
    See your Caps Key is still broke is all.

NO, MY CAPS KEY WORKS JUST FINE. WHAT'S YOUR POINT??
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just that you used to post in formal English form.
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: keets

now I'm at work on a laptop and the page is configured the way it was prior to this morning at home. strange..................

The complaint is you're not capitalizing the beginning of your sentences. That's either ignorance or laziness on your part.

I suspect laziness as you appear too bright otherwise.

I suppose it could also be a form of rebellion, like stating, "I'm too important and the words I type, impressive to worry about proper writing. I'd rather express myself as a seven year old and allow my thoughts to dominate rather than my style".

That's what I would do in your situation.

Either way, that was the point I believe in the above complaint/post regarding your 'broken caps key' exchange.
  • Options
    So I'm up early and post to the coinduece thread about the "Regency Holder" he just received. When I went to make my post the page was laid out as I had described, but when I returned to the thread page it was back to normal.

Very strange indeed. The feeling is that I was on a trip somewhere, perhaps dreaming, and I suddenly awoke to find things were OK.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    When you were out of the room, everybody moved their posts down 10 pixels.
  • Options
    The complaint is

perhaps petty things like this is what causes members to turn away.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the satin finish coins are much nicer to look at than others.
  • Options
    and they don't shine as much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file