Quick Links: Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | Collectors.com | CU | Coinflation
Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Cassie McFarland signed HOF insert
Topic Summary:
Created On: 5/8/2014 10:05 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next >> Last unread
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/8/2014 10:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Boosibri
Expert Collector

Did PCGS have her sign all 750,000 halfs? She has the worst signature ever outside out the medical field.

-------------------------
Half Eagle Set

Latin American Type Set
 5/8/2014 10:17 PM

Author Icon
Kudbegud
Collector

No.
Watch the population report for total signed. Each signed label will have it's own line in the report.

5/8/2014 10:37 PM

Author Icon
Boosibri
Expert Collector

<< No.
Watch the population report for total signed. Each signed label will have it's own line in the report.
>>

I was meaning to be sarcastic. I know she didn't sign all 750k.

Half Eagle Set

Latin American Type Set
 5/8/2014 10:45 PM

Author Icon
Kudbegud
Collector

5/9/2014 2:59 AM

Author Icon
Jeffery

Just so I'm clear, the labels with her signature were actually signed by her? Not an "authorized facsimile"?
 5/9/2014 4:27 AM

Author Icon
bronco2078
Expert Collector

What is that? A slab with no grade with a nobody's signature?
 5/9/2014 4:44 AM

Author Icon
DrBuster
Expert Collector

That sig is precisely why I still pay bills via old skool checks - to keep my non-painting signature skills up. That is horrible, she must use online billpay.
 5/9/2014 5:26 AM

Author Icon
HATTRICK
Collector

<< Just so I'm clear, the labels with her signature were actually signed by her? Not an "authorized facsimile"? >>

Yes that is a real signature. NGC has the facsimile ones. PCGS will soon have ones with real signatures from baseball players.

Expect these to be very expensive.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. "
 5/9/2014 5:41 AM

Author Icon
messydesk
Choose Your Title

I may see if PCGS would holder a signed coin as such if I have her sign one at the LB show.

John
President, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors • Professional Coin Imaging at CSNS, Schaumburg, IL. Table 805
 5/9/2014 5:48 AM

Author Icon
BackroadJunkie
Veteran

<< She has the worst signature ever outside out the medical field. >>

Nah, she just had to have signed her name a LOT.

Back in high school, I got a part time job in a camera store, working in shipping and receiving. The owner had about a dozen shops through the city and suburbs, and all merchandise came though this place before being redistributed to the satellite stores. So I ended up signing my name about 75-100 times per day.

In a matter of two years, my sig went from nice and cursively readable to a scrawl that you could put on paper really fast. It's still like that today. It was actually a problem when I went to close out a bank account when I was in college. I signed the card, and they compared the two, and said they didn't match. I had to ask them to let me try again. Thank goodness they had photo-id's by that time.
 5/9/2014 6:00 AM

Author Icon
DCW
Collector

Awful.
 5/9/2014 6:06 AM

Author Icon
BackroadJunkie
Veteran

<<

<< Just so I'm clear, the labels with her signature were actually signed by her? Not an "authorized facsimile"? >>

Yes that is a real signature. NGC has the facsimile ones. PCGS will soon have ones with real signatures from baseball players.

>>

Will one in ten labels come in silver foil and one in a hundred come in gold foil? Maybe they could do one of those prismatic labels. Maybe they could include a stick of gum with every order, and put some wax on the last slab in the box they send you!

Okay, sorry. I'll stop now.

I suspect fans of those individual players are the intended audience, with crossover from the baseball autograph collectors. There are a great many fakes out there, so I suppose PCGS is not only authenticating the coin, but the signature as well. And I guess you'll have to modify the phrase to "Buy the coin and not the label unless it's autographed by a Baseball Hall of Famer..."
 5/9/2014 6:21 AM

Author Icon
291fifth
Choose Your Title

A very popular commemorative with the slab signed by the artist will be a hot item as long as the signatures are the real thing.

All glory is fleeting.
 5/9/2014 7:27 AM

Author Icon
LindeDad
Choose Your Title

<<

<<

>>

Will one in ten labels come in silver foil and one in a hundred come in gold foil? Maybe they could do one of those prismatic labels. Maybe they could include a stick of gum with every order, and put some wax on the last slab in the box they send you!

Okay, sorry. I'll stop now.

I suspect fans of those individual players are the intended audience, with crossover from the baseball autograph collectors. There are a great many fakes out there, so I suppose PCGS is not only authenticating the coin, but the signature as well. And I guess you'll have to modify the phrase to "Buy the coin and not the label unless it's autographed by a Baseball Hall of Famer..."
>>

Sorry too say this is exactly why I am losing interest in Commemoratives.
More interest in the label than the coin.

LindeDads Things My eBay store.
 5/9/2014 8:48 AM

Author Icon
steveben
Expert Collector

i love how you excepted the medical profession.
 5/9/2014 7:31 PM

Author Icon
Lakesammman
Nummmismmatist

Actually, now with an electronic medical record, illegible hand writing is a thing of the past.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity" (Baccaruda, 12/03).
Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speety, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns
 5/9/2014 7:40 PM

Author Icon
MsMorrisine
Choose Your Title

Signing as much as I did on a few real estate transactions has led me to people that judge how much people sign by how legible their signature is.

My father used to autograph a few pages per day and his signature was letter-for-letter perfectly legible each and every time.

He had a stroke on the writing where I found it easier to try to copy my mother's less legible, but still legible, signature.

And for people providing real autographs, I've always thought it a security feature that they sign one way for autographs and another for personal and formal use. Perhaps the signatory scrawled for a reason.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
 5/9/2014 7:56 PM

Author Icon
Walkerfan
Collector

I wouldn't pay extra for that haphazard, lazy, squiggly line. It looks like she initialed rather than signed it!

Walking Liberty Sets
 5/9/2014 8:46 PM

Author Icon
19Lyds
Master IKE Collector

Whoa. I just saw a picture of Cassie on a Long Beach Information email and she'll be signing autographs at the Long Beach Show in June.

I might just drive down there, buy a HOF coin, and see if she'll autograph the slab!

All, of course, because I am a pig and she's a babe!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
 5/10/2014 6:02 AM

Author Icon
ajman
Collector

<< Whoa. I just saw a picture of Cassie on a Long Beach Information email and she'll be signing autographs at the Long Beach Show in June.

I might just drive down there, buy a HOF coin, and see if she'll autograph the slab!

All, of course, because I am a pig and she's a babe!

>>

She reminds me of a young Elvira Mistress of the Dark from the tv show in the 70's.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
1 2 Next >> Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership