Home U.S. Coin Forum

Kudos to eBay seller - bubbasully

I recently purchased a coin from eBay seller "bubbasully". They were prompt in shipping the item with a tracking number within 24 hours of my payment. While the seller lives in the same state as I do, Texas, the item could still take 3-4 days to arrive...that's just the speed of the post office...not to mention Texas is a fairly large state!

Anyway, I keep track of the tracking number and location of all the items I win 1-2 times per day just so I can be aware of when I can expect each item to arrive.
Well, in this particular instance my package ended up without an updated location for 2 days (not unheard of), but it's most recent tracking location had it placed in NEW JERSEY...>1,000 miles from Texas!

How and Why my package was misplaced and sent to New Jersey is anyones guess (I guess we can blame the Postal Service again!)

BUT, the main reason I am writing this message is to send Kudos to "bubbasully" CALLING ME personally to address this issue.
I have not received service like this from any other eBay member, and I just want to send a public applause to this seller for a fine service he runs image

imageimage

Comments

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to hear a positive eBay story!
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • I have bought from bubba over the years and they are definitely an upstanding group, every now and then they have smoething I want and deals are done in nano seconds.

thumbs up to bubbasully!!!!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't call but I e-mail them.

eBay buyers like to have their hands held, and I highly recommend eBay sellers with low feedback numbers hand-hold their customers to get the feedback executed (instead of the buyer letting slip by) and with high DSRs.

After Irene and during the rains of tropical storm Lee, the post office had a delay of 1 day in delivering a package from hered to NJ (5 hour drive at most). I e-mailed the seller the day it was to arrive and told him I knew it was late and it was probably just the weather and to look for it tomorrow. It made it the next day. I have called the PO on late packages before, too.

Back when I used FedEx for larger and heavier items I sold, if they were late, I'd get a shipping refund from FedEx and refund that to the buyer, too.

I think I gotta do it, and suggest it for others. It's old school and hurts the profit margins, but it works great for customer satisfaction.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>
    How and Why my package was misplaced and sent to New Jersey is anyones guess (I guess we can blame the Postal Service again!)
    >>

Many NJ ZIP codes begin with 076.
    Many TX ZIP codes begin with 76.
    Maybe a myopic postal clerk put your coin in the NJ bag by accident.
    Just wondering.image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay success is built on serving the customer.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Small world. I was wonderin' why that name was familiar, until I realized that my most recent newp also came from bubbasully.

I'm glad your deal with that person went well- it's encouraging to hear. I haven't gotten my coin yet, but like I said, it WAS my most recent purchase. Might be in my mailbox when I get home, even.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought several coins from bubbasully over the last 2 years and have yet to have an issue. Great ebay seller.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • add me to the list of satisfied Bubbasully customers. I've had multiple transactions and all were smooth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file