Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ballistic rolls on eBay...

cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Comments

• ResRes Posts: 1,086
    So what's the deal with having a BIN at the same price as the starting bid? And I thought $70 was an insane price for these.
  • Some people don't know any better. I'm sure somebody has interrest, in it. image
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SBEM's will be all over it... Cheers, RickO
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awful expensive packaging.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• << <i>THERE ARE NO REFUND OR EXCHANGES ON THIS ITEM DUE TO THE FACT THAT COINS CAN BE SWAPPED OUT AND REPLACED WITH COINS FROM ROLLS >>

And the seller would have absolutely no way of knowing whether his magic $4 Washington gold dollar coins had been replaced with ordinary $1 Washington gold dollar coins. image

Choppy
  • What is the significance of this?
    -Rome is Burning

• BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Such is life. If you never learn to research something you buy then you have to live with the consequences. Seems like many would rather live with the consequences than do the research.
  • Hey all

Very, very long time lurker here, (about 2 years) and this one made me crawl out of the cave. How often do you encounter so much comedy in such a small package?

So a few observations, if I may

I never miss an opportunity to read these ads whenever I see them, they do not lose their comic value, but this it the first time I've actually seen the:

Certificate of Official Asset Grading Registration

And let me tell you boys and girls, that Asset Grading Registration Official Certificate is one Official MoFo!!!

Holy smokes!! Are you guys kidding??

The certificates are signed by George Washington himself!!

That's got to make them worth like stupid huge money.

And BTW, what the hell is "A grade Never Circulated"? Maybe for the numb-skulls that can't figure out what "un"-circulated is?

-and-

A+++ Grade? Apperently it's 1 better than A++ Grade

The "important" note under the coin is hysterical

I imagine Timothy G Shisler carefully reviewing each certificate and pondering;

"hmmm, is it important to leave this coin in its crystal clear capsule for insertion into Official Presidential Money Gallery?"

"yes, it is!!"

check!!

And the "signature Required" Before it becomes really, really "Official"

I am seriously thinking about getting one of these the next time they come around, I can't let this load of hokum slip by

(not after seeing the "Certificate of Official Asset Grading Registration")

Peace!!

Jim
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very funny, love the gold bar in the pics. What's with 425 grams, certainly not gold, the bars look like cardboard.

Actually it's not funny, someone will fall for the crapola.

I read down a little further, World Reserve Monetary Exchange image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey all

-and-

A+++ Grade? Apperently it's 1 better than A++ Grade

Jim >>

This is quite honest and straightforward, actually. It's the same concept as putting the '11' on the amplifier in Spinal Tap. If 10 is great, 11 is one better! Duh!

Welcome to the Forum!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Too funny "ballistic rolls"and what the heck do ballistics have to do with coins anyway? and don't you just love it when you see the photos

in the newspaper where the shiny gold colored cardboard "ballistic" ingots are being wheeled in by armored car to a vault while two armed

guards stand positioned at the ready like they are protecting a delivery of real gold ingots. What farce... image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Packaging is everything.
  • cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    If God does not stop the people from reproducing that fall for all those lame offers constantly being presented than the government should.

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If God does not stop the people from reproducing that fall for all those lame offers constantly being presented than the government should.

image >>

Hahaha
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    size matters

• << <i>This is quite honest and straightforward, actually. It's the same concept as putting the '11' on the amplifier in Spinal Tap. If 10 is great, 11 is one better! Duh! >>

!!! GREAT CATCH !!! (One of my favorite movies) Then is certainly stands to logical reason that A++++ is even "1" better, hmmmm, interesting

<< <i>and don't you just love it when you see the photos in the newspaper where the shiny gold colored cardboard "ballistic" ingots are being wheeled in by armored car to a vault while two armed guards stand positioned at the ready like they are protecting a delivery of real gold ingots >>

Ohh, you betcha, yaa, and the guy crouched over seeming to be on the verge of a massive hernia-hemorrhoid blow-out while lifting the massive 425 gram (14.9914 ounces) Gold Vault Brick to put in the Massive Gold Brick Vault, too friggin funny!! You have to admire the chutzpah of these people, they probably keel-over in hysterics every time someone actually buys one.

I am going to buy one of these, now I just can't resist, but when I call it in I will make it perfectly clear the purpose of me buying one, just so they don't think they hooked another sucker

Hey Cinman, the "joy of tech" cartoon is great!! Can you believe that people fall for the nonsense? P.T. Barnum was right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file