Home U.S. Coin Forum

Fred Weinberg's 4th Edition of the Error Coin Encyclopedia

TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
I just received some more info on Fred Weinberg's new book, 4th Edition of the Error Coin Encyclopedia, from the man himself. Its a heavy 500-page hardbound book with new chapters, updated info, new photos, etc.- the entire minting process from Galvano to Ballistic Bags, mostly Major Mechanical errors, with some die variety info. The book should be ready for delivery by the end of this month.

He said that if you want to pre-order a copy diectly from him, send him an email to fred@fredweinberg.com. He said that he will take orders at $40 delivered and will sign any copies if you want.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm this? image
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fred is a great guy. Saw him in Portland. I may have to take him up on this as I missed the 3rd edition.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone confirm this? image >>

It's from an email from Fred. Send him an email and find out.

(yes, I do know what this was about.)
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Cliff
    Doesn't his offer sound familiar ?image I think he has heard of Coppercoins book and the info he's compiled about the Lincoln Cents.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
    I don't know that much about Coppercoin's book offer. This was from emails that I've got from Fred. I have already ordered my copy.
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Cliff
    Fred's book would contain all series of coins,unlike Chuck's.I meant the autograph.image
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Fred is a super guy and I have already placed my order. I missed the last edition, too. So, this will be a good book.

Richard.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it due out the same time as the Cherry-Pickers Guide??image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

<< <i>Cliff
    Fred's book would contain all series of coins,unlike Chuck's.I meant the autograph.image >>

Don, Sometimes I'm not just too smart. image
  • FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Just a small point on clarification -
    the 4th Edition of the Error Coin Encyclopedia is
    authored by Arnie Margolis and myself as co-author.

Most of the book is Arnie's detailed articles on the
    entire minting process, from start to finish, with
    chapters on every type of striking and planchet
    error, and lots on die errors (but it's NOT like
    the Cherrypickers Guide). I have provided information,
    wrote some chapters, etc, but it's mostly Arnie's
    labor of love.

The book is hard-cover, 498 pages, and I feel
    a bit awkward having it called "Fred's Encyclopedia".
    Arnie has done alot more work on it than I have..........

Fred
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    Just ordered.
    DSW
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Met Fred at the LB show and bought one of their books.

If you want to know about the minting process AND how coins are made, it's very informative.

Fred says they are about sold out. Only a few left! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file