Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thank you from Mike Kelley's Family

Hi everyone - Mike's mother wrote PSA over the weekend and wanted us to share her message with everyone here. This is her letter we received:

A very heartfelt thank you to all you who were friends with my son Michael Kelley. We appreciate all of your kind words and stories about him. We are humbled by your caring and your generosity in having another fund raiser for his children and our family.

A special thank you to David Kleppel for keeping in touch with me these last two years. In talking he would always ask, "Are the children doing okay? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" He has been such a great support and wonderful friend to my son and us.

Mike definitely had another family with all of you and I know that you helped carry him through some of the hardest times in his life; before, during and after his wife's battle with breast cancer. He talked about the magazine and the message board with me on an number of occasions and told me how much it meant to him. He told also me how great the people were and when he got a new shipment of great cards.

This magazine not only connected my son with other people who loved cards as much as he did, but with real caring people that shared their stories and lives and helped one another!

We are now moving forward with a bedroom for Tyla, Mikes oldest daughter and a play area for the children. We are also planning on getting another car as our larger car has over 270,000 miles and is needing to be replaced.

Know that your contributions have been so helpful and we would not have been able to do this without your help. My husband and I are retired and never thought we would be raising children again. However, they are great children and we do feel blessed! Life is unpredictable!

Although our grandchildren have lost both of their parents and that has been incredibly hard on them, they are all doing really pretty well. They each see a counselor once a week and continue to have support within the schools they are in. We also all go to church and this year they are joining the churches youth groups.

Tyla is 16 1/2 and in the 11th grade and is in the national honor society. She is so caring and very helpful like both her parents,with her brother and sister. Tyla is on the gymnastics school team and the town team. She also works at the YMCA a few afternoons a week. She has many friends and even has a boyfriend. She wants to be pediatric Doctor.

Connor is 10 and is very bright and kind, a lot like his dad was at this age. He is often analyzing things and trying to figure out new ways to create something. He is in the key program at school and in a high honors math group. He plays baseball and is in cub scouts and loves trying to get more time to play video games. A typical boy.

Ryhan is 9 and she is all about performing in plays and being stylish. She will be playing Tiny Tim in the local children's theatre group and is very excited. Ryhan loves school and taking gymnastics. She is fun and spirited and full of life and like her mom was. She will be playing Tiny Tim in a local children's theatre group in November.

Thank you all again for your kindness and support. May you always have the love and support you have given to our family for yours.

With so sincere gratitude,
Nancy, Jim, Tyla, Connor, Ryhan

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    That's great stuff right there. A heartfelt 'well done' to everyone that organized, bid and donated.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It's nice to know that all of the generosity from this board was appreciated.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Wow! I can feel the sincerety reading this post. This board has some great people. Kudos to all of you for making it happen.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Yep, good stuff. Good job fellas.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ldferg
    Wow! I can feel the sincerety reading this post. This board has some great people. Kudos to all of you for making it happen.

I agree, that was almost a tear jerker for me.

Great job on setting that up, what a great idea.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Very touching, obviously a difference was made to the family.
  • CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭
    Heartwarming all around. Thank you for posting the letter.
  • Wow just Wow! Great job guys.
  • I'm sorry I couldn't contribute to the charity as I've been dealing with my own family hardships but I'm glad to read that the children are doing well.

Charities like this and how the whole community bands together is so touching.
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    A big thank you to all who donated, bid and/or purchased this time and last.

You all honor Mike's memory, by acting as selflessly and as generously as he did with those
    who were in need.

Dave
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very nice, sincere letter. I'm glad those kids have grandparents that care so much about them.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.