Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A Very Mouschi Contest

mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
[EMAIL CHIME]

Hello Tanner, I ran across this Jose Canseco card, and was wondering if you would be interested....

[EMAIL CHIME]

Hey, Tanner! A friend of mine just pulled this Canseco! You can email him at...

[EMAIL CHIME]

So, you are the crazy moustache guy that makes customs and loves Canseco, right? If so, I saw this Canseco get opened in a break....

----------------

I get messages like these every day. The only way it could possibly be any better is if more of you did it! I want to SINCERELY thank everyone who has ever even tried to put me in contact with someone who may have a card I want for my collection.

SOOOO....I want to start up a contest as a thank you to all those who have helped me.

I'm putting this in the baseball forum, because this is really my "home" in this forum. I am all about baseball, and 95% of my work is baseball related.

Beginning tonight, and ending 9/16/16 at 9:21pm CST.

Respond to this thread with

- A character (you, family member, baseball player, actor, etc.) you would like a custom of, and why.

- Something about you that very few people know.

- Someone you would nominate to be picked, and why

I am not sure if I'm going to pick one person, or five people. Heck, I'm not sure if I'm going to pick the person who is nominated, or the person who nominates!

The winner(s) will receive a custom card made by yours truly.

Annndddd.....GO!

This contest has been posted on a few of my favorite places on the web, but I'll post the winners (without mentioning the forum names unless they are from here) on this thread.

THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.

Thank you everyone for participating! I'll post the cards I make right here as I go...

First is stone193 who wanted a 1963 Fleer Mickey Mantle, because one doesn't exist:

----------------

George_Calfas is the next winner!

------------------

Glen87 is the next winner!

Here is me having a laughing fit over getting cat fur in the mail. around the 1:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_mDCr0I9E

Here is the finished product! Dual Relic Famous Feline Collection with Foil!

---------------

Today is 40-40 Day, and Topps did not give me my wish of making a Topps NOW Throwback card for Canseco, so I made my own. Looks like I'm the next winner of this contest! image

---------------

In this Sunday-Special edition of The Mouschi Contest: Winners, we have a digital-only exclusive. The winner: TKRAFT24.

He had initially requested an eyebrow / moustache swap of this fellow:

This is for you, Tkraft24 - enjoy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is a summary of the highlight of my weekend, as expressed in a Topps NOW card:

Anyhoo...RandyB is the next winner! He wanted a card done of his step-father. So, here you go Randy! It is a mini style card in a frame. I hope you and he enjoy it.

--------------

The next winner is Phillies_Joe. He was nominated by several folks, and had me do a custom of his family. In addition to that, he sent me an autographed baseball of Aaron Nola and some money to do a booklet. Here is the final result!

I liked it so much, I made something similar out of a game used baseball I had for my own collection:

-----------------------

This isn't a part of the contest, but while I'm waiting for the last 2 people to send me material, I thought I'd post my latest project: 2007 Barry Bonds Home Run History Extension Set: 757-762

I did these, but the write up is somewhere near the end of this thread!

----------------

Congratulations to everyone who has survived this week and made it to the weekend! The next to last contest winner is now wrapped up, so we have one more to go, though I'm not sure when that will be.

Before I do the reveal, I figured I'd show off a fun project that was very challenging to get the look right ... T206 style. Dboneesq is putting together the T206 New York set. Yes, a Bronx Bombers collector before they were the Yankees. They were actually the Highlanders. The twist? He is a Mantle fan. The problem? The Mick was born about 20 years too late.

This project was challenging because I had to get Mantle's head on an existing Highlanders body ... in addition to putting a fitting hat. Here they are: The red and blue back variations!

Now, for the next to last contest winner reveal: A_Pharis! He both entered and was nominated.

He sent me over this:

So I did this:

and made the back look like this:

Then the front like this: (ooooOOoooohhh purty blue foil!!!!)

It will be out to you soon, brother. I hope you like it!

------------The contest is officially over! The final card has been made.

To read more about this, go here: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11591190/#Comment_11591190

THE END
Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Seth MacFarlane!

Believe it or not hes actually really talented. Writer, producer, narrator, singer, actor, voice actor... he plays a ton of different roles literally! Here's a Small Seth MacFarlane tidbit; he purchased a seat on one of the American airline flights on September 11 but was out drinking the night before and missed his flight.

I'm shy

I don't really know anyone on the boards well enough to nominate, allthough I did recently speak with LOTSOS (Kevin) and he was very kind and helpful so I guess I nominate him. I know he likes hockey cards!
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Ty Cobb

2) I have Lindsey Lohan songs (multiple) on my Ipod

3) Stone
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The big hurt. Frank thomas. He's been my favorite since the early 90's.

2. I don't know how to swim

3. Stone. I met him once in Cooperstown. A really nice guy. Hi Mike!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    1- 1971 Topps Sandy Koufax. He would have been 34 and with a great arm still. Sad to see his stats end so abruptly. Twenty seven wins with an era of 1.73 and over 300 k's! I picture him with another Cy,maybe a 20 win season or two and a few strikeout crowns. Sad to see Jim Palmer as his last strikeout victim way back in October 1967.

2- I love Project Runway!

3- Grote, He has offered the most valuable information IMO and is a pleasure to read his posts.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    1. 1984 Topps Don Mattingly. He's my man crush if I had one. Collect everything of him. Preston is locked in my basement.

2. When I was about 10 I was on the Sportscenter opening for a split second holding a posterboard sign on Turn Back the Clock Day at Old Comiskey and was interviewed by Andrea Kramer.

3. Yankeesman - was there when i really needed someone.. to handle card deliveries/storage for someone living abroad.

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a game used canseco hat rookie year on ebay now $150 best offer
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Nathaniel1960

there's a game used canseco hat rookie year on ebay now $150 best offer

Thanks for the heads (hats) up!
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • CWCW Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭
    Cool contest, Tanner. Thanks!

BTW, when I saw these 2 items in Heritage, I couldn't help but think about you and your collection:

Canseco ROY award

Canseco A.L. MVP award

and for the contest...

1) For 30+ years I've been a fan of the band RUSH and have seen them in concert quite a few times. I think it would be cool to either have a custom card of the band as a trio, as well as a card of any of the individual members. Geddy Lee is a known collector of baseball memorabilia.

It would also be cool to have a custom card for Rush's guitarist, Alex Lifeson. I even have a guitar pick that he threw out into the crowd, which could be inserted into a card as a "concert used pick". image

2) unknown fact about me... *sigh* I failed my first driving test at age 16. But I passed the 2nd one!

3) Mike (aka Stone). I could nominate him for multiple reasons... He's a great guy, he served our country, he's very generous with his time and money in the collecting community, and he's a true collector at heart (see his Take Me Out to the Ballgame sheet music collection, his board game collection, his Babe Ruth PEP rings collection, etc.).
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    - A character (you, family member, baseball player, actor, etc.) you would like a custom of, and why.
    - Something about you that very few people know.
    - Someone you would nominate to be picked, and why

I would absolutely love to see a custom of myself. It would look awesome in my display case next to all my favorite cards.
    I was the first person in line for Brewers Opening Day tickets in 2008. Camped out in February for two nights. Bought 64 of them for me and my friends.
    Off the top of my head I would nominate RaiderGuy10 and LarkinCollector, those two have helped me build my collection over the past few years, with submissions and advice.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    * Rick Monday, because he saved the American flag from being burned by two protesters on April 25, 1976. Side note: it was pretty hard not giving "Brett Butler" as a knee-jerk response!
    * my life has been an open book on this board, so what could I say? Hmmm... Okay, how 'bout this. First, I will say that I think feet are disgusting. Like seriously gross. Saying that, when I cut my toenails I salivate. TMI? Yep.

* hate to sound like a broken record, but it's gotta be Mike (Stone). IMO there hasn't been a more helpful, more welcoming person in the history of this board.
  • LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I though this was a pretty cool post for the last few days. It took me a bit to respond because I couldn't lock down an awnser to the first question. But now I have one.

1) 1974-75 OPC Taro Tsujimoto rookie card. Seeing as how his only card is a 2011 Score card a properly done year correct rookie is long over due.

2) I've cried every year I watch the Stanley Cup get passed around after the presentation since I was 13 years old. Except for 1999.

3) Mike (Stone). It's been said before but I'll say it again. He is like a one man official welcoming committee. I am a very new member here and he was about as welcoming as one could hope for. He collects a lot of neat stuff that I would never even know about if not for reading his posts. I don't know him but if we ever met up I'd be willing to bet we could enjoy a few wobbly pops and get along pretty well.

Kevin

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: totallyradd
    Off the top of my head I would nominate RaiderGuy10 and LarkinCollector,

Quite an honor to be mentioned with the likes of Stone. I'm truly humbled.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    1. Nouschi (fictional character - Mouschi without a mustache)

2. I still use a flip phone.

3. Meatloaf (maybe it will bring him out of hiding)
    Thank you for your entries! This is a multi-forum contest, so I'm going to take the next few days to see who should win. When this happens, I'll most likely post in my next article!

It has truly been fun learning the little known facts about all of you.
  • Originally posted by: mlbfan2

1. Nouschi (fictional character - Mouschi without a mustache)

2. I still use a flip phone.

3. Meatloaf (maybe it will bring him out of hiding)

He's a chronic shiller and got busted, that's why he's in hiding.
    Rather than start a new thread on the winners, I figured I'd just update this here and slow-roll it until each one is made. I'll update the original

post as well, to show the winners.

My wife had a hand in selecting who should be selected, and why. It was VERY difficult to not pick some vs. others, because frankly, I'd like to see

a custom done for almost ALL of the requests, but alas, these take a boat load of time.

Up first: The user @stone193.

He was an easy person to select. Why? Because he was nominated over and over again on one of the forums I frequent.

I reached out to Mike first, to see if he even wanted a custom card, and he said absolutely. He shared an idea with me: A 1963 Fleer Mickey

Mantle. The '63 Fleer set is iconic, and has a cult following in spite of several BIG name hall of famers not making it into the set. The 1963 Fleer set

consists of 66 cards, and ... you guessed it. Mantle was not one of them!

Well, now he is.

So, Mike. Here you go! Your custom '63 Fleer Mantle. It is on its way!

The next one coming up soon.
    A very deserving winner and a dynamite looking card. Well done, Tanner. Congrats, Mike!
    Wow that turned out nice! Congrats Mike enjoy.

Kevin

• CWCW Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭
    Whoa... sweet card, Tanner! Congrats, Mike, and that's a great choice! image
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats Mike. WOW Tanner ... that is an AWESOME looking card!!!!! It will fit well in Mike's '63 Fleer set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone

First, I'm quite honored that many of you have thought of me in this contest.

And a big thanx to Tanner for creating this incredible card.

It'll fit great in my set!
    Mike
    Thanks guys! I am really proud of how it came out image
    Very cool! Congrats!

When should I expect mine mouschi?
    Originally posted by: MrNearMint

Very cool! Congrats!

When should I expect mine mouschi?

Perhaps I'll do another contest in the future at some point image
    Yeah, I was just teasing.
    I figured - btw, regarding your name - did you ever read Mr Mint's book? I read that thing over and over as a kid who as determined to be the next mr mint!
    Alright, here is the next one!

The winner: George_Calfas! He too was nominated by several members, in addition to entering. It is great to know someone who has such an amazing collection is interested in a custom piece.

And this one is cool.

What is the coolest combo for a custom card that has to do with tv? You guessed it:

1978 Topps & THE A TEAM!

Enjoy!

The next winner will be shown soon, stay tuned!
    Originally posted by: mouschi

I figured - btw, regarding your name - did you ever read Mr Mint's book? I read that thing over and over as a kid who as determined to be the next mr mint!

Never read his book. Looking back, I should have chose a different screen name.

Sweet a-team card.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received the 63F card today.

Thanx Tanner - it's an incredible card! image
    Mike
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanner... Absolutely amazing on every thing you do. You got skills my brother. This makes me want to buy a cut and have you make a custom for me.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
    This next card is something that I was on the fence about, and my wife said it must be included. So, here it is. The Big Cat! And I'm not talking about Andres Galarraga, either! I'm talking about 15 pounds of feline fury. I introduce to you: ECHO.

Echo is Glen87's pet beloved by his entire family - especially his daughter. An interesting point on this is that both Echo and Glen's daughter were characters in a fairly well known novel "Three Can Keep a Secret".

If you follow me on Youtube, you know that I've been posting a lot of my maildays there. Receiving some cat fur and a claw left me dying laughing, because I wasn't expecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_mDCr0I9E

So, here is the finished product! Dual Relic Famous Feline Collection with Foil!

Now..... I mean..... I.. speechless! That is hilarious!

Kevin

Thanks LOTSOS image

It is a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! Not one, but TWO winners announced today. While the first was Glen, the 2nd is a Canseco collector. I'll give you a hint. His name starts with a T and ends with an anner.

You guessed it! I won (yay!) I tweeted this out to Topps a while back:

And I just heard crickets :/

Well, fast forward to today: NOTHING. It is national 40-40 day, and Topps still hasn't done anything. Urgh! I decided to do something about that, and create my own Topps NOW card.

In this Sunday-Special edition of The Mouschi Contest: Winners, we have a digital-only exclusive. The winner: TKRAFT24.

He had initially requested an eyebrow / moustache swap of this fellow:

This is for you, Tkraft24 - enjoy!

Here they are side-by-side:

It really is amazing how hard it is to tell which one should be the real version!
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    My goodness! I'd probably pay big bucks for cards of my dogs. What a way that would be to memorialize our pets that leave us way too soon. Tanner, you do amazing work by the way.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
    Originally posted by: dennis07

My goodness! I'd probably pay big bucks for cards of my dogs. What a way that would be to memorialize our pets that leave us way too soon. Tanner, you do amazing work by the way.

Thanks Dennis! It was a fun project. If you are seriously interested, please feel free to email me at tanmanbaseballfan@gmail.com
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is a summary of the highlight of my weekend, as expressed in a Topps NOW card:

Anyhoo...RandyB is the next winner! He wanted a card done of his step-father. So, here you go Randy! It is a mini style card in a frame. I hope you and he enjoy it.

--------------

Next winner coming soon ....
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    LOL The cat had us ROFL! Our cats Stinky and Clody were jealous. I guess I'll have to keep the 1971 TOPPS "The Left Hand Of God" a dream. The 34 year old Koufax had a wonderful comeback from an injury plagued '69 season and did go 17-6 with 253 K's in only 182 innings( in honor of Jose Fernandez) as the Dodgers came up a few games short against the mighty pre Big Red Machine
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
    I made a post about this already that goes more in depth, but for consistency's sake, here it is:

The next winner is Phillies_Joe. He was nominated by several folks, and had me do a custom of his family. In addition to that, he sent me an autographed baseball of Aaron Nola and some money to do a booklet. Here is the final result!

I liked it so much, I made something similar out of a game used baseball I had for my own collection:

-----------------------

Next winner coming soon ....
    This isn't a part of the contest, but while I'm waiting for the last 2 people to send me material, I thought I'd post my latest project here:

You know you have a problem when you are chasing the entire set of 2007 Topps Barry Bonds Home Run History. 756 cards of stressful, anxious goodness. The thought of doing something like that growing up would have given me great dreams and horrible nightmares. Imagine trying to complete an entire set of 1989 Topps, but instead of 99% of the cards being commons, they are all of the best player in the world.

You know you REALLY have a problem when 756 cards simply is not enough. I was approached by someone (I forgot which forum and username, so please speak up if you want to be known!) saying it bothered them that there weren't cards to commemorate 757-762. (I agree!) This is where our adventure starts.

After my standard message of "I don't do company logos and all my work has to say custom art card on the back", I came up with this:

Looks pretty good, eh?

He wrote and said "Tanner, I have an idea! How about having a logo? Something to commemorate it is for Bonds? Something like: BBHRK.

And I was like ... GREAT IDEA!

He loved it and then asked for the HR total in the back to be gold for card #762. I didn't want to just do gold though; I wanted it to POP. Here is what I came up with:

"Tanner, I love it so much, please do the gold for each card!"

YOU BET!

I won't bore you with EACH picture, but here are a few. This is what they all look like in general:

With the exception of...

JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!

I mean ...

THE SUPERFRACTOR!!!!

Here they all are together:

And the backs ....

It took me a while, but I figured I'd do the right thing and send them to him (though I would definitely not mind keeping these!) image

Next winner coming soon. Stay tuned!
    Very nice job Tanner.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Congratulations to everyone who has survived this week and made it to the weekend! The next to last contest winner is now wrapped up, so we have one more to go, though I'm not sure when that will be.

Before I do the reveal, I figured I'd show off a fun project that was very challenging to get the look right ... T206 style. Dboneesq is putting together the T206 New York set. Yes, a Bronx Bombers collector before they were the Yankees. They were actually the Highlanders. The twist? He is a Mantle fan. The problem? The Mick was born about 20 years too late.

This project was challenging because I had to get Mantle's head on an existing Highlanders body ... in addition to putting a fitting hat. Here they are: The red and blue back variations!

Now, for the next to last contest winner reveal: A_Pharis! He both entered and was nominated.

He sent me over this:

So I did this:

and made the back look like this:

Then the front like this: (ooooOOoooohhh purty blue foil!!!!)

It will be out to you soon, brother. I hope you like it!

------------

FINAL WINNER coming up ....
    Can't wait to get them Tanner. Anxious to see the different backs as well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

The final winner is Houdini! He is an admin from another forum. He did not enter himself because he is an admin, however he was nominated by someone else.

I have laughed (a lot) with the back and forth on many of the cards in this contest, and it was truly a joy to be able to create each and every card in the contest for everyone, but this ended up being the most significant piece.

This card is of Leoneez. For those of you who aren't familiar with her, please do a search on the BO forums for Leoneez or just search #teamleoneez

I've cried more than once after reading these, as I'm sure many of you have as well.

Houdini sent a thumbdrive with some pics, and 2 of the many mis-matched socks she liked to wear. Here are portions of them I cut up and mounted on card stock.

Here is what I came up with:

He wanted a some extras as well, which I was happy to do. Here is a pic before I added the sock pieces to show the cascading foil:

And the finished project:

Thank you, Houdini for putting your trust in me to do this. For everyone else, please participate in the contests Houdini puts up - they are for a good cause. Be thankful for your loved ones, and pour yourself into those who are hurting.

Thanks again to everyone for following along - it has been fun!

Beautiful, Tanner. Just beautiful.

Note: your screen might get blurry at some point.

by Houdini

Leoneez Toribio Memorial

11/1/2025 (I'm sure he meant 2015)

Leoneez loved Justin Bieber – she had a life size cutout of him in her hospital room. She loved Jimmy Johns pickles, flaming hot Cheetos, and all things purple.

Leoneez was a giver. Any time you gave her spending money, she would buy her little sister a present. Eventually I learned to bargain with her, she could buy her sister a present, but only if she spent half the money on herself. My wife took her to a birthday party at chuck e cheese a few years ago. Leoneez was so very bright and even as a little girl she had mastered one of the games that gave you tickets. So at the end of the night, Leoneez had this enormous bundle of tickets and the other children had just a few. Instead of getting herself a larger prize, she sat down at a table, counted all her tickets and gave each child an equal amount.

Leoneez loved mismatched socks, Air Jordans, Hollister, Aeropastle, and scary movies. Leoneez loved Paris, her family… and Justin Bieber.

For Leoneez’s 14th birthday, I told her she could have anything she wanted. Anything. She thought about it for a while and said she only wanted one thing. She wanted to have a big dinner with all her family. I said, honey, you can have anything you want. Anything. Are you sure you only want dinner with your family. Leoneez said she wanted to have a big dinner with her family because she might not be able to have a birthday next year. So for her 14th birthday she had a large family dinner in Orlando. We celebrated her 15th birthday at her graveside.

Leoneez loved Michael Jackson, Michael Wazowski, Olaf, and Pretty Little Liars. Leoneez loved her mommy, she loved her sisters. Leoneez loved her family. Leoneez loved art and singing and Disney. Leoneez loved Justin Bieber. When Leoneez would move from one floor to another in the hospital, the Justin Bieber cardboard cutout rode with her in her hospital bed.

Leoneez developed a terrible blood infection. They told us our little girl would not live past noon. So I held her hand, stroked her hair, and watched the clock. 10am came and I explained to the Almighty that we were not ready. There was so much that still needed to be said. I whispered assurances into her ear and I rubbed her forehead the way that used to calm her. 11am came and went and I told God He couldn’t have her… not yet. As noon approached, I stroked her fingers and pleaded with God. Please.

Leoneez loved Spiderman, Harley Quinn, Tinkerbell, and Harry Potter. She loved Sam Smith, the Big Mommas Pancake Breakfast at Crackerbarrel, Alaska, and her iPhone. Leoneez loved Justin Bieber.

The nurses called Leoneez the miracle girl. So many times she was not expected to pull through and every single time she fought back to us. Every single time. I started to read Harry Potter to her, but instead of Hermione, I would say Leoneez. In January we were told that Leoneez had no brain activity – that she would never wake up or get any better. A few days later while I was reading Harry Potter, I felt her watching me. I looked up from the page and I saw the most beautiful big brown eyes I have ever seen. I said, There you are, I’ve missed you. Her nurse standing behind me gasped and started to cry. She started walking around the room saying Leoneez’s name – getting Leoneez to follow her with her eyes. The doctor said it would be months before Leoneez would learn to talk again and 48 hours later Leoneez said “mommy.”

Leoneez loved everyone. She loved school and her friends. Leoneez loved dancing and wanted to play basketball in 8th grade. Leoneez loved school so much that she once snuck out of the house… to go to school. Leoneez loved Justin Bieber.

Towards the end of her life, Leoneez wanted to ask me something. The room was quiet. I was holding her hand. She said, will you take care of me? I said, of course sweetheart, I will always take care of you, you know that. She said I know… I mean after.

On March 29th, Leoneez was talking about the man she had seen in her room that night. She said he was a ghost. The man told her that she was going home soon. Leoneez told her sister about the ghost and that she would be able to go home soon. She was happy.

On April 16th Leoneez was laboring to breathe. Even though she couldn’t get enough oxygen, she still kept trying to talk to us. I know she was just trying to comfort everyone else – to tell everyone that she loved them, that it would all be ok. She was surrounded by her family and loved ones. Her mother cradled her in her arms. Her family told her it was ok to stop fighting, it was ok to rest. And Leoneez passed on from this life.

We have all missed her dearly every moment since.

Leoneez loved her family. She loved her mother and her sisters. She loved her friends. She was the strongest, bravest, most beautiful person I have ever known. She is laid to rest beneath a shade tree facing the water. Buried with her under her tree, inside her pretty white casket, folded up and placed gently beneath her feet by her mother – is the cardboard cutout of Justin Bieber.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting that. I necer knew the entire story.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies