Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hello evreyone a few questions need a little help

Hey evreyone i am new hear image, now i have a few questions considering the cards i have found from an uncle who passed away and i was wondering if you guys think if its worth me getting them graded, i will try and post pictures the best i can. I literally got over 25k cards from my uncle which is a pain in the butt to go threw all, but so far i found well in my head some decent cards, tell me what you guys think... 1953 bowman picture cards a few of them, alot of 1960-1972 baseball cards some in good shape and some in bad, i found a bunch of nice 1976 topps hof and rookies....I came to this website because i am no dealer, and would like as much input as i cant get....And honestly its very overwhelming for me because there are so many cards i am finding including ones without dates in back which seems to be pre 1975, Thanks for the help

Comments

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Chevelle!
    What is your end game? Keep them as an heirloom or sell them? Pictures will be key for good advice.
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards. You came to right place.

It can be very confusing to post pictures here, but if you want to send me some pictures of some of the bigger names you recognize to gregmo32@aol.com I can tell you what you have and let you know the best way to sell them....
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna take a bit of time and I sure hope you have it.

First - welcome!

Now, my initial advice? Don't take them to a card show or shop with zero knowledge what you have. It's an open invite to be taken advantage of IMO.

How many cards are we talking about?

At least try to separate all the cards by year and order them sequentially.

Centered cards that look good are a buyers "first" choice IMO.

Getting some kind of price guide is a good start.

The grading thing can come later - would be nice to know what you have?

Do you have access to a scanner? Post some of the nicer cards here and people can advise.

Good luck and don't be a stranger.
    Mike
  • Hey guys thanks alot for the quick reply, honestly its about 25k cards lol..... Anywhere from 1053 bowman color cards about 7 of them, to 1960-1972 cards, and alot of nice 1976 topps baseball hof and rookies, and a *****load of 79-89... I have bein sorting them out for about 4 full days and still overwhelming i picked out cards from names i recgnoize in the hof or rookies of that year, i am no expert at all but i know a little about them obviously because its 2016 and the internet is very helpful... But like i said its so overwhelming with diffrent types like traded ones, tiffany ones etc lol, And i mean i would like to sell them just have no idea where to start because yes it seems easy get them graded and put on ebay, but honestly seems way more complicated then that, and i figure i would talk to someone one on one to get a better understanding or even a forum like this filled with guys with love for sports cards..... And for pictures i seem to have no idea on how to upload them from my saved computer, seems i have to make my pictures in an url... or some type lol
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Open a free Photobucket account. Import pics from CPU to Photobucket. Then use the copy feature in Photobucket and select the URL option and paste pics into your post here.

I'd scan the Bowmans and any HOF players or Rookies thru 79/80 first. Next I'd look for anything well centered and looking "pack fresh" thru 80. These may help the group ID what might be worth grading. After that it'd be the post80 RCs and maybe oddball stuff.

Good luck.
    Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Okay thanks evreyone so what i think i will do is wait until i fully go threw all the cards and then make a pile of ones i think are worth getting grading and i will take pictures and post on this forum to see what you guys think.... The 76's dont have damage on them and seem to be pretty minty, now the 53's bowman picture ones are in relle good shape for how old they are but i only have 7 of them i found so far, which to me about 5 are in really good shape and others are still in good shape but do have some type of crease or top of the corners a little bent....
  • Really cool find. Sounds more like a blast than overwhelming man.
    A proud collector of PSA products and avid hobby fan
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the site. One thing you can do to get a better idea of that some of the cards are worth is look for similar cards on eBay. With cards, condition greatly effects the value. That being said, I want to know about the 1969 Chevelle.

James
  • HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes look at sold prices on ebay for similar condition cards.
  • hahah my father has a 66 chevelle same one since he was 17 now 55, And always tried getting me into cars etc but i was to buisy trying to get girls etc ahha,now im at 28 well anyway long story short me and my father on way home driving on 4/20/15 from a car show seen one for sale locally near my house Running and evreything, so i baught it, bein putting some work into it, did suspension etc, manifold, carb, exhaust dual, and headers so far.... it came with a 350 automatic not in bad shape did some body work etc but main thing was already running... welll thats my 69 chevvelllee story lol
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a nice project. I have been into Chevelles since the late 70s. I currently own a 1968 Beaumont SD396 and a 1968 El Camino that needs a restoration. If you are not fimilar with the Beaumont, it is a Canadian built car with a Chevelle chassis, drivetrain and, or the most part, body.

James
  • nice i looked it up.. basically chevelle, def fun times in them....
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High, hello, how are ya? image

I bought a Chevelle many years ago. I couldn't afford the Corvette.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Brick

High, hello, how are ya? image

I bought a Chevelle many years ago. I couldn't afford the Corvette.

Heck Ralph - we can compromise and put the two names together.

My mom had a Chevette in 1974. What a piece of crap.

Mike