Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any good card shows in NJ?

I just moved back to Central NJ and I was wondering if anyone goes to any card shows. I am thinking as a buyer and maybe eventually setting up a table as a seller. I see a few regular shows in the show listings online. Thanks for the feedback.
Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying

Comments

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is called the National and it was three weeks agoimage
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Haha, you got me on that one.
    Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    You may want to consider setting up/visting at the Hunt shows (aka The Philly Show) in Valley Forge PA, which isn't that far and the next show is 09/23-09/25

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    raykasaraykasa Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Can you define "good" for me? there are essentially three, one day shows in NJ; each with their positives and negatives. If you are looking for high quality graded material = its slim pickings. They are monthly show with big followings but not by any stretch a national show.
  • Options
    You kind of nailed it. The one day shows. Which three are you referring to? Im not sure how I define good. I guess shows that are held on a regular basis that are well attended with some quality dealers. I was hoping for some high quality graded but you already answered that question.
  • Options
    WillBBCWillBBC Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Do they still do that Tuesday nighter in Parsippany? That was my jam growing up.
  • Options
    raykasaraykasa Posts: 186 ✭✭
    I'll list in alpha so that no promoter can take offense: First is the monthly Bordentown Show at the Ramada Inn on Rt.130 in Bordentown- always on Sunday. From November thru January it runs twice a month- which kills the show IMHO. It's highly attended and really speaks to the south jersey crowd of collectors. Raw vintage and new stuff abound as well as the latest wax being available. $2.00 admission. Next is Colt's Neck Fire House #2 on Conover Rd, off Rt. 34 in Colt's Neck. This monthly Sunday show was formerly at Holmdel and should not be confused with the horrible Colt's Neck coin and card show held on Saturday (usually about 4 dealers...sad). Free admission but lately dealer turnout during the summer is small. Worth checking out if in the area. Finally, is Garfield's Boys and Girls Club show in Garfield. This is held usually twice a month (sometimes 3 times!) and is for the north Jersey and N.Y> collectors. Because of multiple shows- dealers seem to change a lot...

Parsippany is a memory...Toms River is not worth the gas...and Saint Ann's Church in Raritan (twice a year) is a hit or miss...

For what you are looking for you gotta run the national show circuit, the likes of Valley Forge, Pa., White Plains, NY, Chantilly, VA., the National, Shriner's in Boston, etc.

Sorry. I Didn't mean to turn you off these shows...just telling it like it is...
  • Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info! I had no idea that they did shows in Central NJ anymore. I live right off 34 about 8 miles away from Colts Neck. Will swing by in the Fall.
    Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Years ago there was a show in the Bordentown area, not sure if still goes on?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I believe there is still a card show in Parsippany, NJ once a month.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Long Island always has a show if you feel like making the ride through NYC ....Hofstra University and Plainview Holiday inn...check out JP Sports website.. Google "baseball card show long Island"
    See you there.. Scott
  • Options
    Thanks for the info all. Raykasa that is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Anybody else frequent these shows?