Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC to PSA crossover opinion

Hi,
I was thinking to crossover my sac aaron to psa. any opinion that will cross

here's a high resolution of the card

[URL=http://s578.photobucket.com/user/dioworld/media/Cards/1954toppshankaaron.jpg.html]image[/URL]

thanks

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    The only thing I see that might keep it from crossing over equally is the bottom left corner bump. Great card!! Good luck if you decide to attempt it and let us know how it turns out.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Without peeking at the label I guessed it between 6-7, probably closer to six. Definitely worth a shot though.
  • Options
    Looks like a Super PSA 6!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    PSA 6 with the corner bump & slight registration shift. Nice Hank!
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Bvg 0% but Sgc id say 50/50 good luck
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: addicted2ebay
    Bvg 0% but Sgc id say 50/50 good luck

I agree. It's worth a shot. Are you going to submit under the crossover service or crack and submit? The only reason I ask is that I think you would have a slightly better chance at a PSA 7 by cracking. Based on my experience with the crossover service PSA is a little tougher.

Good Luck.
    Mike
  • Options
    dioworlddioworld Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Thanks .I'm still thinking if it's worth a shot. probably just send it in for crossover. too much risk cracking it out , might damage the card. Trying to see you guys opinion before deciding. So far looks like more of a 6 than a 7.
    the card does look better in person than high resolution scan though.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Do not crack out.... Bad idea! Lots can go wrong with that high value card. Not worth the risk IMO.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Great looking card. I sent a Jordan rookie today. Sgc 88. Fingers crossed for an 8.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That's a nice Aaron! It might cross. Clean, nice focus and color. I like the rough cut.

If you take a look at some the PSA 7's out there, this SGC example compares fairly nicely.
    It worth the chance in my opinion. What does it cost to crossover a potential $10K card?

Would love to see a back scan of your card. The degree of chipping or wear on the green will usually answer your question.
  • Options
    dioworlddioworld Posts: 140 ✭✭
    I do see some PSA 7 no ebay with scan, but not to this high resolution. it does looks a lot nicer if i scan it in lower resolution and smaller
    I'll have to scan the back. I'll post it this weekend
  • Options
    TerwinTerwin Posts: 70 ✭✭

Very nice card. I would send it in for a cross with a 6.5 minimum grade. You may get a 7...if you get a 6.5 send in for a review and I think you'll get it. Good luck.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: addicted2ebay
    Do not crack out.... Bad idea! Lots can go wrong with that high value card. Not worth the risk IMO.

IMHO there is no way you will get a 7 if you do not crack. It's very risky but I have not had any luck without cracking.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: Terwin

Very nice card. I would send it in for a cross with a 6.5 minimum grade. You may get a 7...if you get a 6.5 send in for a review and I think you'll get it. Good luck.

Very sound advice. Nice card and good luck with whatever you decide.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, five years ago it had a shot to cross to a PSA 7. Now I think their standards have tightened. But I would recommend not cracking it out of the holder. There are too many negative variables in that scenario.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't crack out a card of that value

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.