Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question about Photos people use to get autographs

Hello, I'm a new user on this site and I'm hoping to make some good friends during my stay.

I have a question about photographs people use to get autographs on. When I go to places like baseball games, I see these people with binders full of different players pics and they get autographs on them. Where would I get these types of photographs that are NOT signed yet? I would like to start my autograph collection and didn't know where I can get my hands on these photos without paying so much. Thx.

Comments

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Try eBay. Search for something like "Ryne Sandberg unsigned 8X10" and you should get a good spread of results.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    If you're not too picky about the photo used, I wouldnt pay more than $8 shipped. If it's a photo you don't see often, expect to pay a little more.
  • byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    People print their own too
  • swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    Ebay

photofile
  • People print their own too

This. Lots of people do it. Pick out your own photos on Google. Go to a CVS and print them for almost nothing. Photos come out great. Might as well do this and save because why pay more for others to do the same exact thing because thats what youll be getting in the mail from them.
    Originally posted by: Dnice

This. Lots of people do it. Pick out your own photos on Google. Go to a CVS and print them for almost nothing. Photos come out great. Might as well do this and save because why pay more for others to do the same exact thing because thats what youll be getting in the mail from them.

Except for that is illegal to print off photos and use them when you didn't take them yourself.
    Originally posted by: swish54
    Originally posted by: Dnice

Except for that is illegal to print off photos and use them when you didn't take them yourself.

There's a guy in Twin Cities who sells pictures he takes which is probably illegal too but if he doesn't get shut down, I doubt photo printers will

• Except for that is illegal to print off photos and use them when you didn't take them yourself.

And I'm sure no one here downloads music for free either... I think OP will be ok here.
    Just because other people do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I'm sure the OP is a big boy and can make his own decisions, just pointing out there's a right way about going about it as one of his options and buying direct from photofile is as sure as it gets. It's like speeding, drive as fast as you can afford to.
  • lol. Ok
  • bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    find photofile photos and buy those - what's most important is the gloss on the photo, which is why photocell is safest

if the finish on the CVS photos isn't as good, those autographs will bleed and fade over time

i've had photofile autographs fade, but never bleed
    I prefer Photofiles' photos with multiple poses per photo and/or listing accomplishments as many have nice spots for an autograph.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Im not taking a side but I thought they had to have a stamp of some sort?...I was told this by a professional shop when I got a pic blown up to be signed and framed....it actually had the NFL seal...(tho i think i bought the 8x10 at a show and that guy just printed off a pile and was selling them....he didnt look like an NFL employee now that i think about it-ironic)......this being for professional photos.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image