Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2016 CU Fantasy Football - Year 6 (Congratulations to the Winners & Thanks for Another Great Year!)

cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
edited December 27, 2016 7:06PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Hey guys, it's time for our leagues to kick off another year. I've listed below the guys that participated last year. Please let me know if you want to participate this year by replying here and/or PM'ing me by Friday, July 24th and we'll send the invite out to you depending on which league you are in. If you are using a different email address than last year, please PM that to me or Brendan as well.

League A Teams:
1. CPAMike's Marauders (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2. artistlost - Confirmed & Paid
3. Grote15 - Confirmed & Paid
4. BigRedMachine - Confirmed & Paid
5. wrestlingcardking - Confirmed & Paid
6. Hammered - Confirmed & Paid
7. kidzfund - Confirmed & Paid
8. jeffcbay - Confirmed & Paid
9. Porkins - Confirmed & Paid
10. Cubby - Confirmed & Paid
11. cincyredlegs - Confirmed & Paid
12. ajezove - Confirmed & Paid
13. Sportscardstop - Confirmed & Paid
14. Mefer - Confirmed & Paid

League B Teams:
1) brendanb438 (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2) baz518 - Confirmed & Paid
3) Ripkenfan126 - Confirmed & Paid
4) BostonAmericans - Confirmed & Paid
5) CocaBeachDodgers - Confirmed & Paid
6) SidePocket - Confirmed & Paid
7) gameusedhoop - Confirmed & Paid
8) AC000000 - Confirmed & Paid
9) slum22 - Confirmed & Paid
10) RailsideCards - Confirmed & Paid
11) MrG - Confirmed & Paid
12) ugaskidwag - Confirmed & Paid
13) BigRed7 - Confirmed & Paid
14) abcoltsfan - Confirmed & Paid

Alternates for both leagues if anyone backs out:
1)

Payment Information
Cost will be $40 and payment needs to be sent to me (League A Paypal address: sleepypam@msn.com) or Brendan (League B Paypal address: brendanb438@yahoo.com) via Paypal Friends and Family by Friday, July 24th so I have enough time to add any teams if necessary before our draft. Please include your team name in the PP Friends and Family message with something discreet like, "Happy Birthday Mike/Brendan from team name". Thanks!!

Prizes will be as follows:
Overall Champion - $320
1st place (Championship Loser) - $240
2nd place (Each League) - $160
3rd place (Each League) - $80
4th place (Each League) - $40

Draft Information
Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Saturday, September 3rd at 10:30pm Eastern (For Both Leagues)

Significant League Settings
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Trade End Date: November 12, 2016
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers: Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 20 to Dec 26 Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

WAIVER RULES
There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections.

PLAYOFFS
6 Team Playoff (Weeks 14, 15 and 16):
Week 14 - #3 seed vs. #6 seed and #4 seed vs. #5 seed (Top 2 seeds have a bye)
Week 15 - Week 14 winners vs. top 2 seeds
Week 16 - Week 15 winners play for the championship

MEGALEAGUE PLAYOFF
Champion between the two leagues is determined using the final Week 16 results Looking forward to another great season!!!

PLEASE NOTE
If you have any suggestions for changes to the league rules, payout structure, etc., please post them here and we can vote on them.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I'm in big man.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cincyredlegs
    I'm in big man.

Mark

Of course you are. Looking forward to putting a whopping on you this season. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cpamike

I'm in big man.

Mark

Of course you are. Looking forward to putting a whopping on you this season. image

A whopping~that's got to be even worse than the usual whipping, lol..

Mark, your fantasy baseball season is just about over, so may as well turn to football, image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15
    I'm in big man.

Mark

Mark, your fantasy baseball season is just about over, so may as well turn to football, image

Collecting:
  • Options
    I'm in big man.

Mark

Easy fella's.......don't start counting me out of Fantasy Baseball yet. The rebound has started. I am going to take pride in stomping a mudhole into you guys and walking it dry in a few months. LOL.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

I'm in big man.

Mark

Easy fella's.......don't start counting me out of Fantasy Baseball yet. The rebound has started. I am going to take pride in stomping a mudhole into you guys and walking it dry in a few months. LOL.

Mark

Rebound to what? From last place to next to last place?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm in big man.

Mark

Mark

Rebound to what? From last place to next to last place?? image

LMAO Tim. Just pray I don't get in the playoffs buddy.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely in, thanks to both comishes!
  • Options
    I'm in
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to another great year. Lets see how many players I can draft this time around who will be hurt and out for the season before week 1 starts.

All I ask is they make it to week 1, now by week 8 I expect half my team to be out injured for the season again. image

EDIT: Just to add League B has been renewed and email invites have gone out. Odd that in past seasons you could see who has renewed and who hasn't. This year it is default showing everyone has renewed via invite which I know can't be true since it showed this for everyone minutes after sending the renewal notice.
  • Options
    Let's make sure not to schedule the draft too early this year~a week before the season is plenty of time and limits the possibility of training camp casualties.

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Would love to be considered if there are other openings. Thanks Rich
  • Options
    braves72078braves72078 Posts: 465 ✭✭
    I would be in if there is a future opening. Bill
  • Options
    I am in for League B.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I am in again for League B. Payment sent Brendan if you would confirm please. Thanks!
    Steve
  • Options
    Confirm 1st payment of League B received from slum22 (steve). Also safe to tag BrendanB438 as paid in full. image

Okay folks start sending in those payments, info for me and Mike is in the first post for the PayPal gift payment.
  • Options
    For League B I am up for us drafting on either Saturday August 27th at 930PM EST or Saturday September 3rd at 930PM EST this way we can draft as close to the start of the season as possible. I just put a date in so I can move league settings ahead but no date/time is set yet.
  • Options
    Either date sounds good to me, maybe Sept. 3 would be better so little chance of drafting a player who gets injured before the season starts.

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I'm in again
  • Options
    Sept 3rd Saturday at 930 PM EST is what I set it for. If this doesn't work for anyone lets figure out what we need to do.

EDIT:

If anyone is interested in joining a 12 Team League that is a 2 Player Keeper League with a $75 buy in which we run over on the CGC (Comic Grading) Forums PM me.

It is known as the Walking Dead League, we have had Image Comics / Skybound Comics employees in the past in the league including Shawn Kirkham who is the Director of Business Operations for Skybound Comics. He is dropping out this year but he always throws in some extra swag for the winner and he will be doing this again this year. It will be a Walking Dead CGC graded comic. He has tossed in books worth anywhere from $100 to $500 in the past so a nice little extra value to winning this league.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    MrG is in again this year, but.....

I would like to request a review/change of the Waiver Wire setting. I had an issue last season where a player was hurt in practice at the end of the week, and I could not replace him prior to the game. I opened a ticket with Yahoo Sports and this was the reply:

"After a review of your issue, we understand that you are concerned about being able to add players when their games haven't begun yet. After checking out your league's settings, it looks like your weekly waiver options are set to "Sunday-Tuesday", so all players are on waivers between those days. If your league was set to "Game Time Waivers", then you would have the option to add players."

Thoughts?
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    From Yahoo re the new option for "game time waivers":

Game-time waivers

Unowned players who are free agents will be placed on waivers as soon as their game begins each week.

Players on a bye week will be placed on waivers at 5:30pm PT on Monday, which corresponds with the start time of the Monday night game.

The waiver period ends at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Tuesday. Unowned players without a pending waiver claim will become free agents at that time.

Waiver claims will process 1-8 hours after the end of the weekly waiver period. Until claims process, unowned players with a pending waiver claim will continue to display waiver status, but no further claims may be placed on them.

Once their game has started, players in your starting lineup cannot be dropped to pick up an available free agent. They may be included in any waiver claims set to process after the weekly waiver period ends.

Benched players, even if their game time has begun, may be dropped for an available free agent.

• Options
    Just fixed League B to this. We originally just matched League A settings and that was the default. I had a couple issues last year in the same situation but as a commish I would never just this type of setting mid season.

Mike are you cool with changing over League A to also match the game time - Tuesday setting for waivers?
  • Options

MrG, if a player was injured late in the week, you'd have up till kickoff on Sunday to pick up a player on waivers, which are open from Wednesday morning to Sunday afternoon at 1 pm EST. Players have to be locked on waivers after kickoff on Sunday because otherwise you'll have guys just sitting by the computer hoovering up any guy who goes off on Sunday, regardless of where they are on the waiver priority list. The waiver process ensures fairness among all teams when making waiver claims on players from Sunday through Tuesday night. If a player is hurt in practice late in the week, you should have a suitable bench player to insert prior to kickoff or the opportunity to pick up a new player up until 1 pm on Sunday, which ought to be plenty of time for your lineup change.

This isn't quite right.

4PM players are still live but once they kick off they are all locked until Tuesday/Wednesday just like the 1PM players. Same goes for Sunday and Monday night games.

Say you have a situation with a late game and the player is a game time decision/scratch. This way you can then pick up the alternate but at the cost of somebody on your bench that you may regret after that week.

Every league I run other than this one is game time to Tuesday locked.

The only way someone can hoover up players who go off on Sunday without having to wait out waivers is if you have it set to game time only and as soon as the game is over everyone goes instantly back to being a FA. This is not what happens on this setting.

• Options
    As I understand it, the "game time" waivers option means that players on waivers, instead of locking at 1 pm EST on Sunday, will lock when their game begins for that week.

• Options
    Originally posted by: brendanb438

MrG, if a player was injured late in the week, you'd have up till kickoff on Sunday to pick up a player on waivers, which are open from Wednesday morning to Sunday afternoon at 1 pm EST. Players have to be locked on waivers after kickoff on Sunday because otherwise you'll have guys just sitting by the computer hoovering up any guy who goes off on Sunday, regardless of where they are on the waiver priority list. The waiver process ensures fairness among all teams when making waiver claims on players from Sunday through Tuesday night. If a player is hurt in practice late in the week, you should have a suitable bench player to insert prior to kickoff or the opportunity to pick up a new player up until 1 pm on Sunday, which ought to be plenty of time for your lineup change.

This isn't quite right.

4PM players are still live but once they kick off they are all locked until Tuesday/Wednesday just like the 1PM players. Same goes for Sunday and Monday night games.

Say you have a situation with a late game and the player is a game time decision/scratch. This way you can then pick up the alternate but at the cost of somebody on your bench that you may regret after that week.

The only way someone can hoover up players who go off on Sunday without having to wait out waivers is if you have it set to game time only and as soon as the game is over everyone goes instantly back to being a FA. This is not what happens on this setting.

I just read that now~I am ok with the new setting as long as there is a waiver process from Sunday to Tuesday night. This does sound better for players with "game time decisions" on Sunday who play late games or on Monday night.

• Options

This isn't quite right.

I just read that now~I am ok with the new setting as long as there is a waiver process from Sunday to Tuesday night. This does sound better for players with "game time decisions" on Sunday who play late games or on Monday night.

This setting makes things hell a fun.

You will get people who over compensate and drop someone on their bench losing a ton of depth all so they could get those 3 to 6 extra points out of a 1 week backup where half the time those few points make no difference in the final outcome of the week.

• Options
    Tim,

I do not remember the exact situation, but I am pretty certain I tried to add a player for the late Sunday game time, and the system would not allow the pick-up due to the setting of Sunday-Tuesday. (This setting closes waivers at 10:00AM pacific Sunday) The system should not allow anyone to be picked up after game time, and once they play (like in the early game), they are moved into an unavailable position until the Tuesday waiver claim. Setting GameTime-Tuesday, is similiar, except that it allows changes prior to the late Sunday games and Monday night game. Maybe another setting would be preferable to the league? See all options at:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln8825.html?impressions=true&i=rH8ucEop7f+mzL0tD0X+MSuSYQ2xx6Zlucj0CNlWoJI=
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    You all were reading my mind. Thanks for the change!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    I like it~also adds a layer of strategy, too, as if you are late and close you may decide to make that move whereas if you are winning or losing handily, it won't be worth dropping a viable bench player for just a one game backup.

• Options
    As I said, count me in for the next 20 years, atleast.
  • Options
    Hey Brendan, I'll make sure League A is in sync with you. I'll hop on this weekend and make the waiver change.

I updated the list based I what I saw posted here and any PM's/emails I received. Looking forward to another great football season!!

Collecting:
  • Options
    I have CocoaBeachDodgers confirmed paid now Mike.
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for some extra Fantasy Football action I am going to be starting another CU League this year on Yahoo to be either a 10 or 12 team league (depending on what we can fill). Point system and size of teams along with all the league rules will be the same as this one. Looking to up the ante a little and make it a $50 buy in with the pay outs going to 1st/2nd/3rd place. For those folks looking for a league or to join another competitive league PM me and we can get the ball rolling.
  • Options
    Brendan, I work on Saturdays and live on the west coast. Can we push back league B's draft to 7:30 or 7:45PM Pacific time? I don't want to miss the beginning of the draft. Thanks, Steve.
    Steve
  • Options
    Hey Steve we will have to figure something out. Anyone against us doing the Saturday night draft at 1030 PM EDT (730 pacific time)?
  • Options

Hey Steve we will have to figure something out. Anyone against us doing the Saturday night draft at 1030 PM EDT (730 pacific time)?

I'm fine with that.

• Options

I'm fine with that.

This is for League B Saturday Sept 3rd at 1030 EDT. Not quite sure what is going to work best for you guys in League A yet. Mike will update the thread shortly.

• Options
    Thanks for working with my schedule Brendan.
    Steve
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Don't know about the other guys in League A besides Tim, but Sept 3 is definitely a good day for me to draft as well.
  • Options
    I have AC000000 now paid in full.
  • Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    I'm in League A. I'm good with Sept 3 as long as its at night. Hopefully not before 9cst.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    For League B I am up for us drafting on either Saturday August 27th at 930PM EST or Saturday September 3rd at 930PM EST this way we can draft as close to the start of the season as possible. I just put a date in so I can move league settings ahead but no date/time is set yet.

I'm in to defend my 2nd place crown. I'm still quite bitter that I rostered Pierre Garcon all season only to cut him, have my opponent pick him up, Garcon put up his best game and beat me by a few points in the championship. That stung.

Anyway - either draft date works for me. I would prefer the 3rd - but understand if people have Labor Day stuff.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options

I'm fine with that.

This is for League B Saturday Sept 3rd at 1030 EDT. Not quite sure what is going to work best for you guys in League A yet. Mike will update the thread shortly.

Looks like the League A guys who have chimed in like that date and time too so I just set it up for League A as well, Saturday, September 3rd at 10:30pm EDT.

Collecting:
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I'm in and paid. Thanks Mike.

I need to do more homework before draft day this year.

Joe
  • Options
    Originally posted by: kidzfund
    I'm in and paid. Thanks Mike.

I need to do more homework before draft day this year.

Joe

Glad to have you back. I sent you the league invite to the email you sent me last year so let me know if you didn't get it.

Good luck cramming for the finals. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I'm in again. Thanks!
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Paid tonite, and 9/3 works fine for me.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    I have SidePocket paid in full for League B.