Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Yeah But It's A Really Nice 2!

Has Rick hit the skids? Like my girlfriend ,it does look nice far away though.
isAAOSwSWJXQ5Zq">PSA 2
Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    What's your issue with the listing?
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    That is actually a very nice looking 2. I'm surprised it didn't get a "high end" tag. Not sure why someone consigned this card though as in all likelihood the only people making money on this listing will be Mr. Probstein and eBay. Not Rick's fault though, he's doing his job.
    Steve
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: slum22

That is actually a very nice looking 2. I'm surprised it didn't get a "high end" tag. Not sure why someone consigned this card though as in all likelihood the only people making money on this listing will be Mr. Probstein and eBay. Not Rick's fault though, he's doing his job.

Keep in mind we cant see the back of the card. Knowing how he operates and runs his business, the back of the card probably looks like a -12.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I don't get what the OP is getting at. He lists a PSA 2 at .99c starting price. The listing makes no claims other than the title of PSA 2 Good.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dennis07
    I don't get what the OP is getting at. He lists a PSA 2 at .99c starting price. The listing makes no claims other than the title of PSA 2 Good.

I think he means it's just not worth listing as it will fetch next to nothing.

Daniel
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Steve said, Rick is just doing his job. If you look at his completed auctions you will see that he has had hundreds of listings end at the $.99 opening bid. Why is this one any different?

James
  • rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    He's probably just selling someone's entire collection and that happens to be part of it. Someone will be happy with that card.
  • Originally posted by: mikelowell25

Keep in mind we cant see the back of the card. Knowing how he operates and runs his business, the back of the card probably looks like a -12.

The card has a very noticeable crease that runs from the middle of the left edge through his forehead.
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Some people don't get it. I have never seen a PSA 2 1963 Topps common listed by Rick. I have no issue with it I thought it was humorous. This one is different because it is a 1963 Topps PSA TWO. He is not selling someone's entire collection. Only Yankee gets it and the peeps who queation the back of this card. I guess people are taking this too seriously. It is a PSA 2 common of a 1963 Topps set! Ridiculous.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Well let's just make a mountain out of a mole hill.

PSA 2 with great eye appeal. Perfect card for the guy who can't build a PSA 8 set.

Let's assume the back is not perfect. Is a scan of the back even worth even more time on Rick's staff?

Card will still get close to nothing anyways. We all know that.

Rick knows that. Kudos to him for listing a card like that. I would bet a PSA 6 or 7 is

the break even point for grading and ROI for 1963 commons.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets