Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

84 Fleer Update Break Question

Hi all.

I am starting to go through and organize my collection to liquidate and I have this set I am torn on. I bought a nice Mj Roop binder (back when they were still around) and had four cards graded. The Clemens, Puckett, and Gooden all came back 9s and the Rose a 10. The rest of the set has resides in top loader sheets on the binder.

Should I sell this all together? I know I would probably get more to separate the graded cards but I worry if there's any market for the ungraded broken set.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd split it. There's likely still a market for the ungraded cards between the Saberhagen collectors and registry participants for that set (31 started, 6 complete in all 10s).
  • Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are planning to sell the simple question is: how do you maximize your return? If selling the graded cards individually and essentially throwing the rest of the set in the recycle bin yields a higher return than trying to sell the set as a whole, then I would not think twice about what to do with the remainder of the set.
    Steve
  • AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Love seeing any mention of 84 fleer update. One of my favorites. Set was legendary in the mid 80's to early 90's

The gooden alone was gonna pay for college image
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Hows the centering on the 9's?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • It's been a while since I've gone through them I'll scan them this weekend and post.
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Albertdidit
    Love seeing any mention of 84 fleer update. One of my favorites. Set was legendary in the mid 80's to early 90's

The gooden alone was gonna pay for college image

Awesome set I just finished my registry set recently with the elesuvie Ned Yost card.

1984 fleer update
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies