Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

THE OFFICIAL 2016 TOPPS HERITAGE THREAD!

Hi gang! Welcome back to another year of Topps Heritage! I didn't see any official Topps Heritage thread started yet for this year so I thought I would go ahead and start one. My hopes are that the great people I have traded with and shared information with over the years are still around. Geordie, Zep, Walt, Knopflers, my brother Jim, Magellan (yes, my son is almost four and he still has that auto you sent him when he was born!, Mick65, ThoseBackPages, and several I am sure I have left out!

The official launch date for 2016 Topps Heritage is Wednesday, March 2nd. I went ahead and wrote a detailed preview on my blog that I would like to encourage each of you to check out which provides some pictures and other bits of information as we gear up to release day. Here is the link to that:

Craig's 2016 Topps Heritage Preview!

If you haven't bought your Topps Heritage yet for this year, here are the prices as of today at two of the leading distributors:

Blowout Cards: $744.95
Atlanta Sportscards: $704.99

Not sure why the price difference as these two are usually the same. It will be interesting to see how these prices play out as we inch closer to release date.

Here is a breakdown of what to expect in 2016 Topps Heritage this year. There is not a whole lot of difference from last year but 1967 Topps is one of my favorite designs! Maybe Topps will have a couple of unannounced additions to the product to make it even more attractive.

Configuration: 12 boxes per case. 24 packs per box. 9 cards per pack.

The fan-favorite 1967 design returns in this year's Topps Heritage Baseball. Current stars, MLB legends, and debuting rookies are showcased on these iconic cards. Highlights of this set include Real One Autographs, Clubhouse Collection Relics, Flashbacks Autograph Relics, and the all-new 1967 Topps Poster Box Loaders.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS
ALL AUTOGRAPHS ARE SIGNED ON-CARD

Real One Autographs
Includes active and retired MLB players
- Real One Special Edition - Signed in Red ink. Hand-numbered to 67.

Real One Dual Autographs
Hand-Numbered to 25. HOBBY ONLY

Real One TRIPLE Autographs
Hand-Numbered to 5. HOBBY ONLY

Clubhouse Collection Autographed Relics
Hand-Numbered to 25.

Clubhouse Collection Dual Autographed Relics
Hand-Numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY

Flashbacks Autographed Relics
Hand-Numbered to 25.

1967 BASEBALL Cut Signatures
All numbered 1 of 1.

1967 Celebrity Cut Signatures
All numbered 1 of 1.

RELIC CARDS

Clubhouse Collection Relics
Cards include memorabilia from game-used uniforms or bats from active and retired players.
- Clubhouse Collection Gold Parallel - #'d to 99.

Clubhouse Collection Dual Relics
Retired and active players are paired alongside game-used jersey and bat pieces. Numbered to 67.

Clubhouse Collection Triple Relic
#'d to to 25.

Clubhouse Collection Quad Relic
#'d to 10.

'67 MINT
Stars from 1967 and today featured alongside coins minted in that year. HOBBY ONLY!
- Nickel - #'d to 15.
- Dime - #'d to 10.
- Quarter - #'d to 5.
- Half Dollar - #'d 1 of 1.

1967 U.S. Postage Stamp Relics
Notable events and players are matched with stamps from 1967. #'d to 50.

INSERTS

New Age Performers (20)
Modern greats who have eclipsed the giants of the past.

Then and Now (10)
Cards will feature some of the top players from 1967 and their modern-era counterparts.

Baseball Flashbacks (10)
1967 MLB highlights.

News Flashbacks (10)
World news moments from 1967.

BASE CARDS

Base Cards (425 subjects) - Veterans, Prospects, and Rookies on the 1967 Topps design.
High-Numbered Short-Printed cards (75 subjects)

BASE CARD VARIATIONS

Throwback uniform Variations (20)
Action Image Variations (25) HOBBY ONLY!
TEAM NAME COLOR Variations (25) HOBBY ONLY!

BASE CARD PARALLELS

Red backs (500) - Base card backs are featured in red.
Mini (100) - #'d to 100.
Chrome (100)
- Chrome Refractor Parallel - #'d to 567.
- Black-Bordered Chrome Refractor Parallel - #'d to 67.
- Gold-Bordered Chrome Parallel - #'d to 5. HOBBY
- Hot Box Refractor - Found only in Hot Boxes.

BOX LOADERS

1967 AD PANELS
3-card strips from the 2016 Heritage Baseball base set. HOBBY ONLY!

1967 Topps Originals
Original cards from the 1967 Topps Baseball set with a foil stamp. HOBBY ONLY!

1967 Topps Poster Box Loader
20 subjects are shown on posters mimicking the 1967 Topps Poster design. Limited to 50. HOBBY ONLY!
- 1967 Poster Box Loader Autograph parallel - Up to 10 subjects with an on-card signature. #'d to 10.

1967 Topps Punch-OutS Box Loader
Styled after the 1967 Topps Punch-Outs game with 20 different subjects. HOBBY ONLY!
- Jumbo Patch Relics - #'d to 25.
- Autographs - Up to 10 subjects. #'d to 10.
- Autograph Jumbo Patch Relics - Up to 10 subjects. #'d to 10.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this year's Topps Heritage! Let's get the Heritage party started!!

Craig from Texas

Comments

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Nice job on your blog. Well-written and good looking.
  • Options
    Just curious, with the March 2 date, does that mean the cards will be distributed to the retailers on that date, or will they be available for direct purchase?

Tere1071 aka Phil McNear
  • Options
    Looking forward to this! I'm sure Yaz will be featured in some insert sets since 67 was his triple crown year, but has anybody heard anything specific?
  • Options
    A list of the possible variations.

Link
  • Options
    boo hoo
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Tere1071
    Just curious, with the March 2 date, does that mean the cards will be distributed to the retailers on that date, or will they be available for direct purchase?

Tere1071 aka Phil McNear

If you order from most of the larger retailers (blowout, D&A, etc.) you should receive shipment on release or next day usually.
  • Options
    The prices from a couple of distributors have jumped up in the past couple of days...

Blowout $774.95
    Atlanta $769.99

Only two weeks until release day!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Craig, is Conforto on the base checklist?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Topps has not yet released the checklist unfortunately. In years past, we would get a preliminary checklist that would differ slightly from the final checklist. Now, Topps won't release it until a few days prior to release.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Hey phil mcnear! glad to see you on here!
  • Options
    Yes, i've been told the checklist will be available a week in advance
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    I can't remember the last time heritage was good. Someone remind me.

Thanks
    Walt
  • Options
    2015 High Number?
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Good answer! that was (and still is) a great rip - value heavy!
  • Options
    Thank you, Jim. This looks like it'll be fun.

Phil
  • Options
    Yes, 2015 Topps Heritage High Number was by FAR my best case ripping since 2008 Topps Heritage High Number.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Only nine days until the projected release, and this is just the 18th post on this thread. Is the bloom off the rose for Heritage? I know I've gone from two eight box cases to one twelve box case to, this year, a blaster box case.
  • Options
    I don't think Heritage is any less popular. Hopefully, the regulars on this annual thread will show up soon!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Checklist should be out this week!
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I think it's less a function of the product, which I'm excited about, and more a function of the mass exodus this board has experienced in the last year. Specifically the last few months.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: vintagefun

I think it's less a function of the product, which I'm excited about, and more a function of the mass exodus this board has experienced in the last year. Specifically the last few months.

My personal reason is that Im not that excited about this years design. Versus how I really liked the '65s to name one favorite. Not to mention the usual reasons of time vs so much to collect. But Im sure Ill be putting my order in soon.
  • Options
    I just joined this board as I have trouble finding Heritage cards singles I need locally. I have seen that others have also commented regarding dwindling participation; why is that?
  • Options
    Some people don't like the 1967 Topps design although it is my favorite one from the sixties.

If you are looking for Heritage singles, I have some from all years at My Topps Heritage Cards

Craig from Texas

Originally posted by: Tere1071
    I just joined this board as I have trouble finding Heritage cards singles I need locally. I have seen that others have also commented regarding dwindling participation; why is that?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: vintagefun

Do you have any reasons why this is so? The coin forum is experiencing the same thing. One would think with BB spring training starting interest/participation would pick up. Maybe it will soon.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 Forum software upgrade that went awry. Many non-techies couldn't figure out how to do basic stuff, since it required HTML tags being manually inserted to perform basic tasks like paragraph separation. Many long time active participants have either left or post only rarely here after finding other outlets where it was easier.

#2-5 Best left unsaid if I want to continue to have the privilege of posting here.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    #1 Forum software upgrade that went awry. Many non-techies couldn't figure out how to do basic stuff, since it required HTML tags being manually inserted to perform basic tasks like paragraph separation. Many long time active participants have either left or post only rarely here after finding other outlets where it was easier.

#2-5 Best left unsaid if I want to continue to have the privilege of posting here.

+1, especially on 2-5.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Checklist out. Only two hofers on the real one checklist and one is Kaline. Not one card in sight of the guy who won the triple crown in 67. Pathetic attempt by the 20 year olds running topps these days.
  • Options
    #ThanksTopps
  • Options
    I couldn't access the first checklist at the Topps website, but the "Hertiage" checklist update only shows two rookie chrome cards. Does the original checklist show all 100 chromes? (Topps could at least spell "Heritage" correctly - or maybe that's another rare variation.)
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    WOW...No Yaz is a huge disappointment. Plus 1 Auto OR Relic per Box...Maybe I'm not as excited as I thought I was?
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    No Yaz at all? Wow, I had expected he'd have a big presence. That really changes things for me. Can anybody link the checklist?
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checklist

Two 'Then and Now' cards was all I saw.
  • Options
    Thank you for the heads up, Jim but I need SSP cards mostly. For example:

2009- Pedroia, Jeter, P. Martinez and Rios

2010- The color switches with the exception of Guerrero, Greinke and Sabathia- have those already, plus the Maris Chase set

2011- Guerrero variation, J. Robby Story 137b, Molina and Wright variations

2012- Image swaps- 52, 186, 246, 276 and 415

Starting with 20126 and going through 201 I need almost all of the variations. I will put a more extensive list in the buy/sell/trade section
  • Options
    have you tried eBay?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    There is an earlier thread Craig but that's ok. I ordered from Blowout 1/25 & got a 704.95 price from them at that time. BigT didn't even do presells this year.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    That is pathetic especially considering Yaz is my favorite player.

Edited to say perhaps I should have combined posts.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    I bought most of my SSP cards from eBay, I wanted to try another source-especially for trade. I will post a more extensive want list on the buy sell and trade section as this is more for discussion. As for the 2016 Heritage, I used to have a number of 1967 cards, never any high numbers, though and I am very interested in viewing this version to see the comparison.
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Wont be long now. Soon there will be some a rippin' and a tradin'. Just remember...

Nobody

Admires Heritage

More than me.........I feel like I've been doing this stuff for

8 years

1 Month and

2 days
  • Options
    Nobody

Admires Heritage

More than me.........I feel like I've been doing this stuff for

8 years

1 Month and

2 days

Well played.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, fellow collector!

Say, you remind me of a fella by the name of Pete Burns. That dude had a great collection, and was a pretty good DJ, too. Spun them records right round, right round.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Maybe the Heritage excitement will ramp up tomorrow, but for today I'm going to the Reds-Indians spring training opener; maybe that will get the juices flowing.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Ebay seller kittykatcards in Romulus, MI, is selling individual chrome, refractor, and purple refractors, so it seems someone has gotten a shipment delivered.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Those Stand Alone RC SPs look amazing!
  • Options
    My case left The FedEx facility @ 8:33 this morning. This is from Blowout.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Looks like I was on the wrong thread:

Case arrived:

Opened Box #1:
    8 SP 426-500
    2 News flashbacks
    2 baseball flashbacks
    3 new age performers
    2 then and now
    Chrome: Albert Pujols 107/999
    Black Chrome Refractor: Matt Harvey 07/67
    Autograph: Blue: Corey Seager RC

Probably pulled the only auto in the case in the first box

I'm back in 3rd grade again.
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    Cory Seager? You could do a LOT worse. Scan that puppy!
  • Options
    Speaking of Seager, I see that he (among others) is featured on both dual and single RCs. Two different sellers listed single Seagers as "SSP", which is a term that pisses me off. But, I digress. One sold at $175, but with two already listed, I'm doubting that these are really SSP-worthy. Me thinks I'll let the dust settle a little before venturing into the fray.
  • Options
    Rookie variations are 2 per case and 5 cards in the set.

First case I saw had zero autographs. Great first box. Black chromes are jumping out of boxes early. Remember when a box got you 3 chromes and a refractor?

Waalt