Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November's Pick-Ups.....Let's share....

Ok...Ill start this month by keeping with the football theme....Just been getting into some football......just loved the overall style of the card......thought I'd share
photo _57_zpsbq3xgqr1.jpg
Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

Comments

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    photo _57_zpsbx12a1u8.jpg
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is an incredible looking 8. Congrats on a major score.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JBrules
    Wow that is an incredible looking 8. Congrats on a major score.

I concur. Looks fantastic!
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an incredible card and awesome pickup, thanks for sharing.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got both of these racks from dugout unopened wax on ebay. The 81 has a Tim Raines rookie on back and I didn't even know it had Amos Otis on front, huge bonus being a Royals fan. And only cost $9.99

The Gwynn is very nicely centered on the 83 rack.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Wonder why that Bart Starr is only an 8. I'd probably send it in for a possible bump. Looking at it a little more intensely, it does have a very slight tilt and is a little "snowy" but still looks close to mint to me!

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First exciting wacky pickups in quite some time....

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: seebelow

Wow! Awesome pickup. Would try for a bump for sure.
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Always been one of my favorite Mantles.

Not the look I was going for. This new system has some kinks for me to work out.
  • Options
    Sounds like a great trip. Any pics?

• Options
    Those are cool tickets. I went in 2010 and they were no where near that cool. Congrats!
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    I have some really cool HOF tix from 2013 with Clemente on them.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    A great start to the month. The Starr RC is very sharp as is the Mantle Dan-Dee (tough card). I always love seeing some unopened packs with HOFers showing (or in Raines' case should-be HOFer). I am hoping to have an entry in this thread in the next couple days. I got the dreaded UPS slip for missed delivery on my BBCE shipmentimage
    Steve
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in my 500 HR club autograph thread but couldn't help putting it here too. Couldn't wait to open up this bad boy when I saw it delivered today.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how a Seventon card would go over nowadays ?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    I love Jimmy foxx. Great auto!
  • Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Nice Bart!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Great start to the month in this thread already! .... Here's a new one for me ... a little more Modern

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Got these in mail today and yesterday to add to my 1986 Fleer Update Auto Collection!

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    this was a pick up from 4sc and head scratcher. surface is completely clean, only thing I can think of is that perhaps it woulda been a 9oc for t/b centering?

but for $32 i will take everyone i can find like this:

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Not sports, but I imagine you all have enough kids to appreciate this;

Just added Bonnie Wright at a Dallas Con

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    The whole Harry Potter cast signs their names cool.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    begsu- Yes, its the top-bottom centering keeping that Hank in a 7 holder. But that is a beautiful card!

BTW- I was just watching a 1975 PSA 9 Aaron on ebay, very nicely centered, it sold for $2400. I thought it might go around $1400-1500.

The Hank Aaron #660 is the toughest card in the set to get holdered in a 9, tougher on a percentage of cards submitted than such notable commons as Rusty Staub or Dave Guisti.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    nice Todd Gurley
    jesse6131414
  • Options
    begsu..32 bucks for aaron..wow..nice score..even nicer 7.

Great poster...a legit one is near impossible to find. It adds so much more assembling them yourself..congrats.

Maybe i should resubmit..ive never done that...whats the likely hood of a bump? id bet cost wise its worth it just don't know how successful...Id def be uncomf breaking it open.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
  • Options
    halosfan...sweet gurley...like the swoosh...you have any trouts? id bet you have one or two
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    thanks guys!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: seebelow
    halosfan...sweet gurley...like the swoosh...

+1, incredible card!
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Picked up my 2nd Mantle (behind a 63 8). really liked the centering and image for this grade. Feels like it could bump to a 3.5? what do you think?

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/53 mantle_zps4fsp89a2.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Nice card shu! I can't seem to figure out how they dish out .5 grades on the lower ends of the scale. On your card however, if there aren't any creases, it wouldn't look out of place in a 3.5 holder. I have seen a lot worse 3.5's. Good luck!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: shu4040
    Feels like it could bump to a 3.5? what do you think?

Nice card, but I don't see it bumping due to T/B centering. R/L looks good near the top, but with the tilt it strays away near the bottom. It's probably worth one shot to see though, the overall eye appeal is great.

• Options
    Originally posted by: shu4040
    Picked up my 2nd Mantle (behind a 63 8). really liked the centering and image for this grade. Feels like it could bump to a 3.5? what do you think?

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/53 mantle_zps4fsp89a2.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Congrats looks good.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Some new ones:

imageimage
  • Options
    That Bresnahan is awesome.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous '53 Mick Shu! My favorite card of all time. More like artwork than a baseball card. Super pick up!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    "More like artwork than a baseball card."

agree 100%. such an iconic image, thought i should be adding it before others.

If i go for a review, i'll let you guys know how it turns out!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    That Bresnahan is awesome.

Thanks Dan!
  • Options
    Congrats on the 53. That card is awesome...at least a 4 or more...I dont see why its a 3....Although Im very partial to 53s even vs 52s...as shu said it is artwork, literally

Awesome!
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Whats a 81 Downing PSA 9 go for? A whole dollar?

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: garnettstyle
    Whats a 81 Downing PSA 9 go for? A whole dollar?

No, not quite that low. Thanks for your inquiry into my set collecting needs!!
  • Options
    This is my favorite baseball card of all cards. I have always wanted one but it doesn't fit into any of my registry sets so I have been putting him off. He will look nice next to my PeeWee Reese autograph ball & bobblehead. I promise I will upgrade him some day, but for now, I like the centering & he was $50 below VCP.

[URL=http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/mankin043/media/f327406c-6bb0-4e91-ac22-3e1bb61dafe8_zpslqazykb0.jpg.html]image[/URL]

edit to mention "that is not a crease in the background, it is lightning. Probably going to rain that day in Vero Beach!"
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Haha. That crease does look like lightning just like in "The Natural". That card has a lot of character and is a great addition to the PC. It is one of my favorite all time cards for straight up eye appeal and has personal value because my father-in-law was a big time Brooklyn Dodger fan. I hope to grab one someday. Enjoy!

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pick-ups gentlemen !

Won this last night through the Heritage Auction. As a ticket collector it is a "must have"

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Love the Harry Potter Poster. I'm not a poster collector, but I would love to have something like that framed, as my family are huge Harry Potter fans. What are some things to "look out" for on a piece like that ? I'm sure you want the Auto's to be authenticated by a reputable company, but other than that what should I watch out for ?

Thanks.

• Options
    That 53 Pee Wee is the greatest looking baseball card of all time.
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Tough hall of fame rookie. Only 7 graded to this point.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Just picked this up. Will be submitting on my annual membership.

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tennessee.... That's a sweet pickup on the "Ice Bowl" ticket. Congrats on the pickup!!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON