Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Uncut sheets......what have you?

I was rummaging through my disorganized stash and stumbled across a couple of '79 uncutters that I purchased from the Topps Vault last year. These are 66-card proof sheets with blank backs.

First sheet, headlined by Tony D:

A litany of HoFers on the second, but I especially like it because it houses three of the four Topps cards that Earl Campbell appeared on during his playing days:

I love these bad boys and wish I had more of them, but what I'd love even more is to see what everyone else possesses!

Comments

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Freakin Awesome Stephen.

You know I love me some 79s.

Those are cool.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got a few-

'67 Topps

'64 Topps Giants. Debunks the short print myth

'55 Topps

'41 Playball panels and strips

1908 E91A

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    1966 Sheet First series Yaz, Mantle,Mays,Koufax,Hunter,Perez,Rose
  • MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    These are the epitome of "Art" in the sports card world. Most of them should be framed and hung in museums or something. The 55 topps is sweet. Love all the colors together, it looks really cool.

Really nice stuff guys!
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Thumb-tacked to the wall image

Thats a great '66 sheet! nice condition AND Don Mossi!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked these up in the past year. It was believed there was only one of each but a sheet from the 1982 B surfaced that was found by the guy who bought out the manufacture of the magazine and the cards that they sold to him. So far I have just left them in the frames they came in and they are on the wall with one on top of each other.

• ScottAScottA Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Partial '72 High Series. Only high series uncut I've ever seen from '72. I'm sure there's others though.

• << <i>Thats a great '66 sheet! nice condition AND Don Mossi! >>

Koufax and Hunter are correctly listed as DPs, but why are the 1966 Mantle and Rose listed as DPs when they only appear once on the sheet? Does it have to do with different sheets that had to be made to correct the trade/no trade errors?
    All your money won't another minute buy.
    Mantle should be a "single" print..Koufax and Hunter a double print.
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Koufax and Hunter are correctly listed as DPs, but why are the 1966 Mantle and Rose listed as DPs when they only appear once on the sheet? Does it have to do with different sheets that had to be made to correct the trade/no trade errors? >>

The Mantle and Rose are double printed, just not on the same "sheet"... Ernie Banks is similar, as he appears on two different "sheets". I believe the 132-card sheets are technically half sheets cut early in the process. While the double printed rows were on the same full sheet, once cut into 132-card sheets they appear to be on separate sheets.
  • georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Koufax and Hunter are correctly listed as DPs, but why are the 1966 Mantle and Rose listed as DPs when they only appear once on the sheet? Does it have to do with different sheets that had to be made to correct the trade/no trade errors? >>

The Mantle and Rose are double printed, just not on the same "sheet"... Ernie Banks is similar, as he appears on two different "sheets". I believe the 132-card sheets are technically half sheets cut early in the process. While the double printed rows were on the same full sheet, once cut into 132-card sheets they appear to be on separate sheets. >>

I was thinking the same thing may be the case with the 1964 Giants. Perhaps the second part of the sheet did not include the first column of the one shown? Also, the bottom row explains a lot regarding the quantities of PSA 8's and above for those cards. Just finished the set in straight 8's and those were some of the last ones, with Boyer being the final one.
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    not my voice, not my vid. but she is mine now:

ryan proof sheet.
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    For those of you interested in Japanese sumo wrestling (maybe 1 or 2), here is an uncut sheet of the 1957 BC5711 menko set.

• begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    don't know much about those, but they are pretty cool!

what's the info on 3rd column, 3rd row card? love the floating head and stance...
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    DrFong, as baz mentioned, each series was printed on a 264 card sheet, 132 card sheets are 1/2 of print run.

Here is the other half sheet for 1966. Series 1 had 109 unique cards (CL twice on sheet). . IN TOTAL 4 different rows or 44 cards were printed 3 times (132 total), includes Koufax, Rose and Mantle.

6 rows were printed twice (132 total), includes Willie Mays and Tony Perez.

John your resident uncut sheet and sequencing nerd

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

<< <i>don't know much about those, but they are pretty cool!

what's the info on 3rd column, 3rd row card? love the floating head and stance... >>

That's the wrestler's name - Fusanishiki in this case

1988 Holsum Bread Patriots set. I've got a Patriots sheet of 1969 Glendale Stamps too that I'll try to dig up.

Wow. I loved seeing the other half of the first series 66 topps
    Mantle and Mays both appear on the outside edge ! The get beat up on the outside !
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    I am selling a 1970 Topps Super Proof football sheet on Ebay right now...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    I have this 1979 Topps sheet with Ozzie Smith's rookie card.

I also have another 1979 Topps sheet with Bob Horner's rookie on it for sale. If you are interested in the Horner sheet please PM me.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Topps 1967 Who Am I Test Sheet

Topps 1964 Stand Up edit sheet

Topps 1974 Action Emblem Sheet

Topps 1967 Disc Sheet with All Stars and Giants sets

Topps 1984 Encased/Head In Box Prototype sheet with Carlton and Mathews inserts switched

League Leaders sheet

Send Away Team sheet

Topps 1974 Deckle Set on sheets

8th Grad Class on uncut sheet

Topps 1968 Deckle Prototype sheet

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have 2 framed - the 76T has some HOFer's like Palmer, Jackson, Aaron e.g.

The 2nd is a 1/2 sheet from Toppsvault - has the Ryno RC.

Hey there Al!
    Mike
  • What is the best way to ship a sheet without damaging it, yet at min cost?
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I bought some of mine framed and they came in really large flat boxes. Unframed ones sometimes came rolled in large round shipping tubes
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Really like the 84 And 76 Topps sheets. Great stuff everyone!!
    I have several Japanese multi-sport uncut sheets that are rolled. What is the best way to flatten them out? Thanks in advance for the help!
  • Originally posted by: bishop

8th Grad Class on uncut sheet

Gotta ask, which row and section are you on? ETA, I'm guessing the last boy on the bottom row.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Awesome Ed Sprague sheet!! image
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    These are a little beat up but the price was right. 1985 O Pee Chee WWF series 1 and 2. Both are sets I've been working on the last few years. They definitely helped explain why some of these cards are impossible to find centered.

• MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    Only a partial, but it's a nice companion to my 1961 set.

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Here is a 73 5th series sheet I picked up a few weeks ago that has 2 Schmidt rookies.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    1982 Neilson's Gretzky

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MisterBungle

Only a partial, but it's a nice companion to my 1961 set.

Love the 61 sheet!

Cincy, that 73 sheet is unreal.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SumoMenkoMan
    I have several Japanese multi-sport uncut sheets that are rolled. What is the best way to flatten them out? Thanks in advance for the help!

I use loaded 5000 card monster boxes and hide them under my bed for a couple months.
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love seeing the oddball sheets on here, thanks for sharing. Some of the more unusual ones I have include 1970 D.C. Thomson/The Hornet-World Cup Stars w/ Bobby Charlton; 1973-74 Finnish Jaakiekko Russian team w/ Tretjak; 1973-74 Finnish Jaakiekko Swedish team w/ Salming; and a couple from 1997 Venezuelan Panini, one with Frank Thomas and Ryne Sandberg, and one with Chipper Jones. Will try to find some time someday to take some pics and post.

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up a sheet of the old K-mart set this weekend. figured it was decent pick up and a cool piece.

if I can post a pic later I will. always nice seeing these sheet, I really like that 61 topps
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have a 1968 baseball half sheet (132 card) when I lived in Brooklyn as a kid. It was probably laying around the house since '68. It was in really bad shape and unfortunately I cut it up. All that remains is this Robinson/Brock panel and I thin a strip of 6 cards somewhere in storage. The card under this panel is half Hank Bauer and half Wally Bunker. I purposely cut it that way to have the most off centered card ever

Daniel
  • Do salesman panels count?

This was a generous gift last year from ldferg.
    Got 5 uncut sheets of this newly discovered 1958 set with 4 never before seen Shigeo Nagashima rookies.

• DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Do boxes count?

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dialj
    Do boxes count?

If so, this is one of my favorites...

That Nabisco is great!
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    Do salesman panels count?

what makes this a salesman panel?

• Originally posted by: Griffins

Originally posted by: DanBessette

Do salesman panels count?

what makes this a salesman panel?

I don't recall the details now, but when I first received it that was the consensus on here. Part of it was that the Charboneau back is different than the back of his actual 81D card.

No salesman/ad copy on the back?

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    boy those 81 donruss sheets bring back memories of shows with stacks and stacks of them..along with those 81 fleer debut cards
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image