Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1997 Rocky Maivia (The Rock) WWF Cardinal Trivia Card

I never knew about this card until Dpeck posted about it a few months ago. I just found one. It's his first wrestling card and I think it will look pretty nice slabbed. Hopefully psa will slab it

1997 Cardinal WWF trivia
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Interesting! I had to google the name before I realized that's the Rock. Sweet!
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice! Looks great. Good luck with the sub.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • That is pretty sweet. I didn't find anything in the PSA database for those so I'm not sure if I'm looking under the right classification or they just don't grade them
    It never leaves you...
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    They don't grade them yet but there seems to be enough information out there on them for psa to approve them. The st also has cards of triple H and Kane. Not sure if they are rookies or not.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are tough. It took me a number of sealed sets to find a really nice one. They come in a sealed pack and corners issues are a major obstacle.

Thanks for checking on if they grade them.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    This is what Eagles likes to do.....I believe!!!!!!!!!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    I don't know why I enjoy it but I love getting new issues slabbed for the first time. It's frustrating sometimes but satisfying once they finally make it into a slab. The 1980 deportistas set is proving to be quite the challenge right now. I'm waiting to get some more info to send on that and when I do I'll ask about this set. They don't seem to have an issue grading other game cards. Does anyone know what country this game is from and was it licensed? For some reason I thought I read the game was from the UK. M
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    i am gonna go w/ panama. simply because that is the only place in latin america i have actually seen the word used prominently...

believe it means "athlete or athletics" however used around ports/harbor for sport fishing.

i am probably completely wrong, but just my input from my travels.

<< <i>They don't grade them yet but there seems to be enough information out there on them for psa to approve them. The st also has cards of triple H and Kane. Not sure if they are rookies or not. >>

The supply of these are not overly abundant so this card can do really really well in a slab. I am looking forward to seeing it there in the future. There is no reason for it not to find its way into a PSA slab. Good luck with your education with the spec department!
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I really hope they put this in a slab for you. That is a sweet card. I have so many cards I want slabbed but they aren't considered "authentic" so they won't.
    A graded one hit ebay so that answers our question...........
    Very nice to see. I have a stack of cards that are in my serious review stage and five of them are Rocky Maivia's. I plan to send in a few Tripple H's and Bradshaw's too.

I actually just got an email from psa saying these can be graded last week. The surprising thing is they initially said no but they agreed after a few follow up emails. I like this card slabbed. Are there any other rookies in the set ?

<< <i>I actually just got an email from psa saying these can be graded last week. The surprising thing is they initially said no but they agreed after a few follow up emails. I like this card slabbed. Are there any other rookies in the set ? >>

Bradshaw and Bob Holly are two that come to mind.

Checklist

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i am gonna go w/ panama. simply because that is the only place in latin america i have actually seen the word used prominently...

believe it means "athlete or athletics" however used around ports/harbor for sport fishing.

i am probably completely wrong, but just my input from my travels. >>

You are correct about the word. Deportees means sports or athletics in Spanish, and Latin countries have various versions of words or slang as we would call it. My grandmother was from Panama, and growing up in Miami there are numerous different words for each English word based in if someone is from Cuba, Nicaragua, Columbia, Puerto Rico...
    BGS 9

I am going through wrestling card sales and I came across this. Nice to see it go for $250.

I got the grades back on these yesterday. One of them didn't grade and I called customer service and the grader left a note that it didn't grade due to lack of surface gloss.

Overall I was pleased with the grades on these but was hoping to hit a 10 on the Rocky card.

Here are the grades.

2 1 24829929 MINT 9 1997 Cardinal WWF Trivia Series Rocky Maivia Card

2 2 24829930 MINT 9 1997 Cardinal WWF Trivia Series Rocky Maivia Card

2 3 24829931 MINT 9 1997 Cardinal WWF Trivia Series Rocky Maivia Card

3 1 24829932 GEM MINT 10 1997 Cardinal WWF Trivia Series Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw Card

4 1 24829933 GEM MINT 10 1997 Cardinal WWF Trivia Series Hunter Hearst-Helmsley Card

4 2 24829934 GEM MINT 10 1997 Cardinal WWF Trivia Series Hunter Hearst-Helmsley Card

This card is going nuts.

Everyone has one they blew it on. I sold two of the 9's for $50 a piece. Just glad one went to a good board member and wrestling card friend.

$455 for this PSA 8 and there have been lots of high priced sales on these. Sometimes being first has its challenges because you don't see the much bigger picture. Can't win them all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocky-Maivia-Graded-PSA-The-Rock-Rookie-Card-Wwf-Cardinal/164320364977?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&amp;_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Of all the cards I recently sold through pwcc there were 5 that the buyer didn’t pay. This was one of them and it ended up working out for me. Think it sold for like 140 the first time and went for 341 the second time and the buyer paid. The other 4 unpaid were all basketball strangely. They sold for about the same. Maybe a little less. Only big card was 1984 star Jordan rookie which wasn’t relisted with the other basketball and just went live today. Hopefully it goes for about the same it did the first time.

• JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

Looks like a BGS 9.5 sold for $1,600 on 7/21....very strong!