Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

'52 Mantle PSA 10 on the Bay

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Card looks fake. I know the flip is old, but I am telling you, the card doesn't look real.

Edit to add: I tried to enlarge the scan, but it won't let me.....buyer beware.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    has anyone looked at Fogels registry?
    Good for you.
  • tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    something fishy about this auction....hmmm.....like completely bogus!!!
    Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Marshall still has it listed. Well this guy only shows the front of the card.

Marshall only shows the front of the card. Maybe we should contact Joe?

Good for you.
    I did a google search and pulled this picture up. Maybe I should put mine on Ebay?

• You would figure a card like that would have an ORIGINAL scan and also include back photos and of every corner.

Yeah, lets see if this auction even finished or gets closed out.

Place your bets people...
    He wants to make a quick hit, and leave the country. He knows PayPal won't cover a charge that big. He is pratically begging for a cashiers check.....
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Image stolen from here:

http://www.psacard.com/photograde/ >>

I agree with Levi.
  • is it just me or is that mantle tilted? looks like it has a tilt and should not be graded a 10. that auction has to be a scam nobody would sell that card on ebay. marshall is probably pretty angry about this. I remember him saying he was offered 2 million for his 10 and turned it down. marshall your mantle has bad tilt i would sell it for that 2 million
    I'm about to list mine....7 day auction.....that would be a trip! Both on Ebay at the same time...
    I started to ask the seller about a scan of the back, just for fun, mess with the seller, when I noticed that one day shipping was available and I would get it by October 26th thru November 2nd...!!!Guess printing times have increased!
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maurice clearly knows cards and I think adds some strong value to this board. I don't collect baseball cards but this members knowledge has proven to be very strong and I am glad he continues to post information.

It may be a well known dealer or it may not be but as a bystander I truly appreciate the great information this member adds. To suggest this member is a troll or some other negative member is foolish relative to the strong information this poster delivers.

Maurice I may be in the minority but please keep posting I like what you are bringing to the table.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not look like a legit listing to me either. But just wondering why an ebay seller with 100% feedback and no negatives and a score of 485 would do this. Kind of odd if you ask me.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I agree with Levi. >>

Levi can we see your 9?
  • i think the 8 has the best eye appeal out of all the mantles listed in photograde link . the 9 and 10 clearly have tilts and that 9 is fuggly if u ask me.
    My guess is someone got his/her ebay account information, I doubt it's really the true seller doing this as this has happened before....sorry but I see the humor in this one, being an ebayer for many years, there are a few things that I would look at before putting up multiple $1000's on a card that is literally the holy grail (or the top 5) of cards to have...And Maurice is 100% correct....totally bogus!

<< <i>Does not look like a legit listing to me either. But just wondering why an ebay seller with 100% feedback and no negatives and a score of 485 would do this. Kind of odd if you ask me. >>

485 is not very high. The thought of a 6/7 figure payday makes people think they can do whatever. Internet crime is the fastest growing crime in the past 15 years....
  • this auction will be taken down real fast. no way this dumb scammer makes a penny. this has to be one of ebays dumbest attempted scams ever for sports cards.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I agree with Levi. >>

Levi can we see your 9? >>

I garuntee Levi would be selling his 9 for at LEAST 50-75% HIGHER than any price a 10 would get.
  • if levi had a 10 he would ask more for it then what the PSA 8 wagner sells for by 4 or 5 times lol
  • "So, whaddaya think? Should we do it? We've got a clean scan. Let's see how many people actually believe that we're selling a 2 million dollar card on eBay."

"Ya, I bet that baseball card chat site will cry "Foul!" and organize a torches and pitchforks rebellion against PSA."

"This is gonna be GREAT!"

"I'll get beer!"
  • if some greedy dumby out there offers this scammer 10k via wire transfer or check he will take it asap and run run run and keep running
  • 19 bids!!!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>"So, whaddaya think? Should we do it? We've got a clean scan. Let's see how many people actually believe that we're selling a 2 million dollar card on eBay."
    "I'll get beer!" >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"So, whaddaya think? Should we do it? We've got a clean scan. Let's see how many people actually believe that we're selling a 2 million dollar card on eBay."
    "I'll get beer!" >>

image >>

SHE WILL HELP!!!

• 50k and climbing wonder what it will be before its shut down. I am sure marshall will see this on ebay soon.
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    The seller's feedback certainly does point to a big time player that deals in holy grail cards. I'm going to bid one billionty dollars.
    IWTDMBII
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I just set my snipe for $1,500,000.01
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • This seller DID purchase some Don Mattingly cards in July for 45 cents, so I'm pretty sure
    they're a legit seller of this Mantle card. Makes perfect cents to me.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would behoove those who are interested in this card to dig a little deeper into this guy's feedback. Years ago he appeared to have quick trigger fingers with sellers, and on multiple occasions he filed claims for nonreceipt. Included are feedback revisions that were initially of the red variety, even after sellers appeared to have rectified the situation with him via a refund.

Interpret that as you may.
  • clearly not legit...probably wont be around for the afternoon folks even to look at it
  • Its the same one used on PSA's grading examples. Which does not look real, but only an example.

PSA Photograde

• Sweet PSA 10. I think I'm going to message him now and see if he would consider accepting Western Union for payment...
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maurice clearly knows cards and I think adds some strong value to this board. I don't collect baseball cards but this members knowledge has proven to be very strong and I am glad he continues to post information.

It may be a well known dealer or it may not be but as a bystander I truly appreciate the great information this member adds. To suggest this member is a troll or some other negative member is foolish relative to the strong information this poster delivers.

Maurice I may be in the minority but please keep posting I like what you are bringing to the table. >>

You are not in the minority, I agree.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • I just tried bidding $250,000 but eBay wouldn't let me. Everything on eBay is about protecting the buyer, except when the seller is a scam artist.
  • georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Maurice clearly knows cards and I think adds some strong value to this board. I don't collect baseball cards but this members knowledge has proven to be very strong and I am glad he continues to post information.

Maurice I may be in the minority but please keep posting I like what you are bringing to the table. >>

You are not in the minority, I agree. >>

While, I, too, agree, I think he sometimes tends to present in a way that shows that he has an axe to grind. In those cases, either leave the axe out of it or explain the axe up front. The famous "safety bid" thread was a good example. If you have an opinion of someone beyond the issue at hand then you should be upfront with who you are: as are the rules on Net54.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Maurice makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA 10 >>

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Maurice makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. >>

he makes me wanna cuddle and give him noogies with a jigsaw.
  • Why are you guys being so lame about my Mantle listing?
    My apologies...good luck with the sale. I will be listing mine next week after yours ends.
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    so you must understand before bidding that the handling time may be up to 30 business days for an item of this caliber

Translation: so you must understand before bidding that I will need up to 30 business days to take your funds and escape to someplace tropical

• << <i>My apologies...good luck with the sale. I will be listing mine next week after yours ends. >>

Thank you.

I'll also be selling my PSA 11 Mays from the same set next week, so please look out for that.
  • And poof goes the listing.......
    Workin on:71 Topps Baseball, PSA 7 or better, Dan Marino Master Set
    Sportlots inventory:
    splot
    My eBay store:
    ebay
  • Good job everybody, hopefully you saved somebody some heartache.

It must have been removed by Ebay because I had it on watch and it just disappeared instead of no longer available.

What I find is most upsetting about this matter is that there were people actually bidding on this item, I hope they were not board members as I would like to think they are a little smarter than that!image
  • A friend of mine works with (not employed by) the ebay fraud team. I asked him to help and he (I believe) got it taken down.....I know he reported it and every time he reports something...poof.
  • good - now i can go back to tracking iphone 5 news and staring at my nm 75's wishing they were mints
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Are we sure he didn't acquire as he states? Maybe a few free lawn cutting coupons combined with catching MF in a week moment? I'm sure we ruined buddy's holiday anyway.