Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1909 Cy Young Card on Pawn Stars

Did anyone else see the 1909 Cy Young card that was on the new Pawn Stars last night? It was in terrible condition and they payed the guy $300 for it. I wouldnt pay over $200 for it for my own collection.
What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• Well the guy who came in after the fact told him he paid too much. Said it was probably in the $200-$250 range.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that the script called for Rick to overpay for it.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've seen that a few times, (him overpaying for stuff)
    one time he bought 100 comics that I couldn't get 10 cents
    for each, for around 80.00.

Then other times I see him getting a rip.

Great show though.

Good for you.

• << <i>script >>

Key Word Here, isn't even Real anymore, paid people to bring in stuff with an occasional random item thrown in. Items are found through Want Ads, ect. Ration 1 out of every 20 Rick overpays to show his human side (Makes mistakes).

Reality TV is turning into Scripted Crap, wait till the Shi$$ hits the fan over this in the next year or two!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • read between the lines, its a ploy to get you to feel bad for him and not think about the 9 grand he made off the guy with the civil war gun,,, how many fingers am i holding up?,,,, lol,, j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    1909?? ie T206 150 series???

$300 wouldnt be bad if it was a candy card
    E92-1, E92-2, E92-3, E92-4, E97, E101, E102, W555, etc.
  • FKW - it appears it was a poor condition E90-1
  • easy 10 to 15 grand profit after fee's, didnt have it for that long, man i feel bad,, wheres them indian loans commercials,, lolololol,, feel bad for him now,, lolol, and it looks like a shill at that,,
    Les Paul Sold
    imageimageimageimageimage

• << <i>easy 10 to 15 grand profit after fee's, didnt have it for that long, man i feel bad,, wheres them indian loans commercials,, lolololol,, feel bad for him now,, lolol, and it looks like a shill at that,,
    Les Paul Sold >>

I saw that episode. TO be honest, if someone sells something like that at a pan shop, they have to know they are not getting top $$ for their item. I think Rick ended up paying $90K for that guitar, and I bet he usually gets more profit than that (percentage wise) per transaction.
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone else see the 1909 Cy Young card that was on the new Pawn Stars last night? It was in terrible condition and they payed the guy $300 for it. I wouldnt pay over $200 for it for my own collection. >>

Earlier this week I put a few off grade American Caramel common HOFers in my eBay store (Tinker, Bresnahan, etcc)...I had 2 different people e-mail me asking if by chance I had an off-grade Cy Young from the set (which I didn't)...I thought it kind of stange at first, but once I saw the episode 2 days later, I wasn't surprised.