Quick Links: Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | Collectors.com | CU | Coinflation
Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Official 2010 Nationals Picture Thread
Topic Summary:
Created On: 8/3/2010 10:57 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 8/3/2010 10:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
akuracy503
Collector

For those of us not fortunate enough to be at the 2010 Nationals in Baltimore please share your pictures for us to drool!

High resolution, low resolution anything and everything would be wonderful to see!

Please don't spam this post.

Thanks in advance
 8/4/2010 8:15 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mikelowell25
Veteran

What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “The Nationals”??? No need for the “s” at the end. Its one show, not more than one. It’s not a billiards tournament. If u were going to game 7 of the NHL finals, u wouldn’t say “I’m going to the Stanley Cups”. This bothers me as much as people (ie sportscasters) who say “Wimbleton”, when its pronounced “Wimbledon”.

(akuracy503, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling u out here as u’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your thread title is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread and looking forward to seeing photos from The National!!!
 8/4/2010 8:22 AM

Author Icon
byronscott4ever
Veteran

Perhaps he meant "National's"? I hear most people call it the National but things like that can be annoying to some when they are wrong, like saying RBIs when it's already a plural.
 8/4/2010 8:25 AM

Author Icon
dontippet
Collector

Try living in Illinoi"s" and hearing your home state mispronounced regularly.

-------------------------
Thanks,

Don

myurl<
 8/4/2010 8:31 AM

Author Icon
gumbyfan
Master Collector

What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “u're”??? You need the “yo” at the beginning. You is a word, not a sound. You're is not a contraction between the letter u and are; it is a contraction between the words you and are. This bothers me as much as people who overuse “lol”. If people really laughed out loud that often, we'd all be nucking futs.

(mikelowell25, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling you out here as you’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your flagrant use of the incorrect contraction is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this commentary and looking forward to seeing photos from The Nationals!!!
 8/4/2010 8:31 AM

Author Icon
hhmag70
Collector

<< Perhaps he meant "National's"? I hear most people call it the National but things like that can be annoying to some when they are wrong, like saying RBIs when it's already a plural. >>

RBI is not a plural, it is RBI = RUN BATTED IN, until the player gets 2 it is a singular term.
 8/4/2010 8:33 AM

Author Icon
itzagoner
Johnny's Football

imagine Nirvana. with smelly guys in ballcaps.

there.

now who needs pictures.

"I know this board has a tendency to sometimes go ballistic or act like two-day starved pirhana surrounding fresh meat flung into the water."
~DeutscherGeist~
 8/4/2010 8:34 AM

Author Icon
gumbyfan
Master Collector

<<

<< Perhaps he meant "National's"? I hear most people call it the National but things like that can be annoying to some when they are wrong, like saying RBIs when it's already a plural. >>

RBI is not a plural, it is RBI = RUN BATTED IN, until the player gets 2 it is a singular term.
>>

People who complain about the use of "RBIs" and proclaim that it should be "R'sBI" are much like people who proclaim that people from Phoenix are Phoenicians. They're d-bags. Louis CK has another word for them.
 8/4/2010 9:18 AM

Author Icon
scotgreb
Veteran

Great idea for a thread -- too bad it took a 180 -- might want to take a mulligan

I'm headed to the "NSCC" tomorrow and will try to get some nice pics.

Scott

Focusing on baseball “playing years” HOFers.
Always plenty of PSA-graded cards in my eBay Store
 8/4/2010 9:26 AM

Author Icon
gumbyfan
Master Collector

8/4/2010 10:00 AM

Author Icon
billwaltonsbear..
Expert Collector

u r all making me lmao!

My cards on COMC
 8/4/2010 10:04 AM

Author Icon
Nascar360
Collector

High resolution, low resolution anything and everything would be wonderful to see!

Please don't spam this post.

Thanks in advance
 8/4/2010 10:13 AM

Author Icon
72skywalker
Collector

<< What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “u're”??? You need the “yo” at the beginning. You is a word, not a sound. You're is not a contraction between the letter u and are; it is a contraction between the words you and are. This bothers me as much as people who overuse “lol”. If people really laughed out loud that often, we'd all be nucking futs.

(mikelowell25, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling you out here as you’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your flagrant use of the incorrect contraction is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this commentary and looking forward to seeing photos from The Nationals!!!
>>

We have an English teacher in the mix. My personal favorite...wait for it.....the dangling participle. I still have no idea what it is but that brings me back to High School English and always brought a smile to my face.

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
 8/4/2010 10:16 AM

Author Icon
byronscott4ever
Veteran

Here's a link to some pictures.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/news-announcements/85280-1st-pics-national-blowout-cards-booth-5.html

8/4/2010 12:03 PM

Author Icon
VikaSoy

Looking for to reading about more spelling nit and stuff! Who wants pictures anyways.
 8/4/2010 12:22 PM

Author Icon
gumbyfan
Master Collector

<< Looking for to reading about more spelling nit and stuff! Who wants pictures anyways. >>

Perhaps instead of spelling lessons, I should be giving remedial english.
 8/4/2010 12:31 PM

Author Icon
Stone193
BoardGameGeek

Geez - I was hoping to see some pics.

Mike
63F Set

I only hold onto my hobby tight enough that it doesn't hold onto me.
 8/4/2010 12:33 PM

Author Icon
VikaSoy

<<

<< Looking for to reading about more spelling nit and stuff! Who wants pictures anyways. >>

Perhaps instead of spelling lessons, I should be giving remedial english.
>>

Pleeeze!!! Totally one it.
 8/4/2010 12:41 PM

Author Icon
MeteoriteGuy
Master Collector

<< What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “The Nationals”??? No need for the “s” at the end. Its one show, not more than one. It’s not a billiards tournament. If u were going to game 7 of the NHL finals, u wouldn’t say “I’m going to the Stanley Cups”. This bothers me as much as people (ie sportscasters) who say “Wimbleton”, when its pronounced “Wimbledon”.

(akuracy503, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling u out here as u’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your thread title is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread and looking forward to seeing photos from The National!!!
>>

Good point. In meteorite or more so mineral trading, we have what we call national shows, but individually they are not considered plural...and in the case of Tucson, there literally is 50-60 or more shows going on...but it stil doesn't get the plural. Sport cards...one show...one building....and it is plural.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
Topic Tools Topic Tools

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership