Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

This is a thread dedicated to fellow TTM junkies. I'll be updating it as stuff comes back. I collect pretty much everything through the mail - baseballs, basketballs, programs, golf balls, tennis balls, floorboards, hockey pucks...I rarely chase autos at anything other than card shows, golf tournaments or boxing press conferences. Here are links to a lot of stuff that I've done TTM (some in person stuff is mixed in, but 75% is TTM):

Golf Balls

Golf Flags

Hockey Pucks

Baseballs

Tennis Balls

Link to Thread about my 1957 World Champion Celtics Basketball

And without further adieu, we begin with running updates

This took about 4 months and 5 trips in the mail to do. As some of you may remember, I did a 1957 World Champion Celtics signed ball by their starting 5 and 6th man. Now I've done a floorboard signed by the starters from the 1957-58 St Louis Hawks World Champions - their only title.

I love it! Signers are: Bob Pettit (HOF), Chuck Share, Slater Martin (HOF), Cliff Hagan (HOF), Ed Macauley (HOF)

I've started another board for the 1963 Cincy Royals. It's currently out to it's 3rd signer. My 76-77 Blazers Media Guide is out to it's first signer. Updates to continue regularly.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Neat piece Mike. A signed floorboard is really cool!
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    For those curious, here is the Cincy Royals piece that I'm working on. It's out to Bob Boozer right now and I hope I can get Oscar Robertson to sign it with a donation
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Is that floorboard made from bamboo?
  • Options

<< <i>For those curious, here is the Cincy Royals piece that I'm working on. It's out to Bob Boozer right now and I hope I can get Oscar Robertson to sign it with a donation
    image >>

VERY NICE!

Hope you got Boozer and Embrey soon!

Austin
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • Options

<< <i>Is that floorboard made from bamboo? >>

Yeah, my local Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling parquet. LOL. It looks really good though image
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That looks awesome man - good luck with the rest
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Mike, Congrats those are simply awesome and unique! Keep em coming. Maybe the next time at Staples center for a concert I'll try and get me some floor. lol

brian
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I have a floor piece of the old Great Western Forum. Maybe I should get Magic to sign it.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, Thanks for sharing
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    cool item. i don't think i saw the completed celtic ball can y ou pm me a picture.

fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great piece Mike. image

Fred, I bumped the Celtic thread for you to see it.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am not a big autograph guy but that's cool stuff.
  • Options
    That floorboards are really nice. I typically do not like them, but with the logo and multiple sigs....they are pretty cool.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    From someone who loves multiple signatures on memorabilia, awesome stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those curious, here is the Cincy Royals piece that I'm working on. It's out to Bob Boozer right now and I hope I can get Oscar Robertson to sign it with a donation >>

Is Robertson signing his full name these days or still just "Big O?"
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    nice piece! image
  • Options
    Wanted to add a few original/folded movie posters that I was able to get TTM. Some of these people were really fast and nice. These were all original posters that I picked up on eBay cheap. Some of them are from 70's re-releases

The Manchurian Candidate (real original newspaper like paper stock)

Closeup of Angela Lansbury Auto

A Streetcar Named Desire

Closeup of Karl Malden Auto (Karl won the Best Supp. Actor Oscar for this role)

Bound For Glory - one of my favorites

Closeup of David Carradine Auto - I feel like David loved playing Woodly Guthrie and must have been excited to sign it

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Closeup of Doris Day Auto

Singin' In The Rain (real original newspaper like paper stock, but slightly smaller sized)

Closeup of Debbie Reynolds Auto

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    oh man. Debbie Reynolds in singin in the rain is a helluva gal.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    cool movie posters..do you have plans to frame/display them?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>cool movie posters..do you have plans to frame/display them? >>

major plans image just no means at the moment
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I love those movie autos. Very nice and they bring back great memories. Technicolor used to always give my dad stuff for Xmas back in the days. Keep em coming.

brian
  • Options
    Some of you know that I work in the movie industry doing marketing (when I have a job that is), so I pulled this out to show. Kind of a neat story about how I got it:

I was supervising the sound mix on a trailer for the company I was working for about a year ago. When I pull into the lot to go to the mix stage they have my name on the parking space - kind of a nice perk since you're spending thousands on the mix. So, on the space next to me, I look at the name on the sign and this is what it looked like:

I was like, WOW, I've made it! Al Pacino's parking space is next to mine (albeit for one day).

I asked the guy doing the mix for me if that was in fact Al Pacino who was working there today and he said yes. Long story short, they had a problem with the mix and I had to wait around for like 4 hours. The guys were really nice, bought my lunch and asked if there was anything else they could do for me. So, in a flash moment of brilliance I was like, "well sure, you could get Al Pacino to sign something for me." The gentleman was non-committal, not knowing if Al was going to be there that day and whether or not it was appropriate for him to ask for me, but he said if I wanted to run to the local AAHS (an LA poster/party store) and they had something that I could leave it with him to try, he'd give it a shot. I said thank you and ran and bought the only Godfather item they had. About a week after the mix, I get in in the morning and on my desk at the office is a messenger package that had been delivered for me. It contained this:

Closeup of Al's signature (it says - To Mike, Best Wishes, Al Pacino):

Now this is my first framing priority as soon as I'm gainfully employed again. I was so excited to have this considering what a big Godfather and Pacino fan I am - Can you tell by the VitoCo1972 (Vito Corleone 1972) board name? image
  • Options
    Thought some people may also be interested in signed Tennis balls. About 2 years ago I started buying US Open logo Tennis Balls and mailing them to former champions. Here are all that I have:

Tennis Balls

And a few scans from that page:

Andre Agassi

Billie Jean King

Ivan Lendl

Rod Laver

Roy Emerson

John McEnroe
  • Options
    Nice stuff.

I like the classics - especially the classic blondes !

I wish I had gotten a few during my years working a the studio.

• Options
    This one came back to me after 8 days today. I didn't even ask for any inscriptions. What a great TTM signer:

Mr. Bob McAdoo - NBA HOFer

• Options
    Very nice McAdoo Mike. He seems to be very accommodating.
  • Options
    Just got back another board in today's mail...added Bob Boozer to the 1963 Cincinnati Royals board. I can't decide if this should go to Wayne Embry or Oscar Robertson next. I suppose it's time to see if I can ever get the Big O to sign it - but if he does I'll have a heart attack mailing it to Embry

• Options
    Two more fun successes TTM today. I sent Goose $10.

Goose Gossage! Beautiful ball

This is the beginning of what I hope are 6-7 signatures from the 77 World Champion Trail Blazers. It seems like most sign TTM but Lionel Hollis was just hired as the Grizzlies coach so this may take awhile. It's an original 76-77 Media Guide image

Here's the first - Dave Twardzik

• Options
    Being out of work doesn't do many good things, but it did allow me to have the day yesterday to spend hunting autos at the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines and I took full advantage.

I was up at 4am and at Torrey by 6:30 and met a buddy who had discount tickets (thankfully).

Walked into the venue and saw Padraig Harrington on the putting green. I needed at least two and hopefully three things from Harrington today since he won 2 majors last year and he can be very finicky about signing golf balls, so I was happy to get this:

2008 PGA Logo ball

In the group after Padraig was former British Open champion Ben Curtis

Ben Curtis (official 2003 British Open ball)

Then I caught J.B. Holmes on the first tee for 08 Ryder Cup flag (picture in a couple weeks - story later)

I then ran over to see Harrington on the 3rd green going to the 4th tee and picked this up:

2008 PGA Championship Flag
    Closeup

After that I had about a two hour wait before anyone of relevance was gong to be around so I watched some guys putt and make the turn from 9N to 10N.

Then I ran back up to the putting green and saw two former Ryder Cup players

Chris Riley (2004 Ryder Cup logo ball)

J.J. Henry (2006 Ryder Cup logo ball)

About a year ago, I finally found an official 1986 PGA Championship logo ball and I finally got a chance to have Bob Tway sign it

The last guy to go out that I needed was Retief Goosen. I've had this flag unsigned for at least 4 years

2001 US Open Flag

Closeup (sometimes he signs this ugly GOOSE auto - but hardly ever on nice stuff

Then a few guys started finishing and I picked up this:

Fred Couples (Players Championship logo ball)

And I said to Padraig Harrington, "I know I've asked you for a few things today and I really appreciate it. I promise not to ask you to sign any more golf balls until you win another major." He laughed and signed this puppy for me. 3/3 with Paddy today

2008 British Open logo ball

By that time it was 1pm and I could either stay for Mickelson at 4:30pm or beat traffic back to LA and get home at 4 instead of 8 (staying would have extended my stay 4 hours and made my drive go from 2 hours to 3 and a half). So my buddy said to me that he lives 10 minutes away and he would be happy to get Phil for me. That totally made my day and as I was pulling into my apartment at 4:30 I got a call saying I had Phil Mickelson on my Ryder Cup flag. Will post scan when we meet up again for the LA Open in 2 weeks and I get it back. Good day...needed it.
  • Options
    Wow, an amazing success today. I thought it was 30/70 that I'd even get it back. I put this in the mail to the Big O two weeks ago already signed by three of his teammates. I enclosed $10 and a really nice note....and today this came back...

I'm completely in shock. How the heck do I put this in the mail to the last guy that I need (Wayne Embry)???? I'm super excited. I have to imagine he only signed it because his teammates had previously. And a lot of times when he signs, he just signs "Big O." I got the nice auto. WOW!!
  • Options
    wow. nice score.
    you've got some nice balls image

seriously.

those Tennis ball sigs must be a pain in the ass! do they all tend to fade/bleed? damn fuzzy surface!
  • Options
    I think it helped that some of the other guys from the team signed it already.
    Nice job on that one.
  • Options
    Great thread, missed the last couple weeks of it for some reason

Love the Godfather poster - congrats on that
  • Options

<< <i>wow. nice score.
    you've got some nice balls image

seriously.

those Tennis ball sigs must be a pain in the ass! do they all tend to fade/bleed? damn fuzzy surface! >>

It's funny - they look better from a foot away instead of the close up. They don't bleed after signing, but when you're signing a fuzzy surface, the auto can't help but be a little fuzzy.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vito, That's a really nice piece. Thanks for sharing.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    be sure to shave yourballl before you send em out mikeimage
  • Options
    i have met Bob McAdoo in person and he is a great guy!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Latest addition - second signature on the 76-77 World Chanpion Blazers Media Guide...Mr Bob Gross. Next stop is the coach - Dr. Jack Ramsay. Will be in the mail on Monday. Then I'll have to really make a decision on Maurice Lucas and Bill Walton. If anyone hears of a free Walton signing, let me know.

• Options
    Wow, Nice Padraig auto's, makes you want to root for the guy.
    Post War HOF Rookies #4
  • Options
    Couple of TTM cards in the mail today...never been one to do cards in the mail but I figured what the heck...I was bored

Got back Jim Lonborg on Thursday (Thanks for the card Nick!)

And this Ace Parker has a surface issue (dent) that's unnoticeable in the scan and the card has great eye appeal. But it just came back today

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Latest addition - second signature on the 76-77 World Chanpion Blazers Media Guide...Mr Bob Gross. Next stop is the coach - Dr. Jack Ramsay. Will be in the mail on Monday. Then I'll have to really make a decision on Maurice Lucas and Bill Walton. If anyone hears of a free Walton signing, let me know.

image >>

I can't wait to see the Blazers media guide progress. I've got some good memories of that year and the championship run. You said 6-7 autos, so that leaves Walton, Lucas, Hollins, Dr. Jack and who? Davis, Steele, Calhoun, Neal?

• Options

<< <i>I've got some good memories of that year and the championship run. You said 6-7 autos, so that leaves Walton, Lucas, Hollins, Dr. Jack and who? Davis, Steele, Calhoun, Neal? >>

I was trying for Dr. Jack Ramsey, Bill Walton, Maurice Lucas, Dave Twardzik, Bob Gross, Lionel Hollins, Larry Steele, Herm Gilliam and maybe Johnny Davis. It'd be really cool if I could finish it!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    thats the best ace I've seen yet!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    couple more today...

poor conditioned Monte Irvin 1951 Bowman and a GAI 4 Tom Heinsohn rookie crackout.

One rejection today from Gaylord Perry (Nick got him for free I think so I was surprised to get the rejection)

• Options
    Well, with nothing to do yesterday, I went over to Riviera Country Club for the Northern Trust Open (nee Nissan Open, nee Los Angeles Open) golf tournament. Bunch of good guys in the field including Mickelson.

I'll start with the bad news. After Mickelson finishes (and I had waited 4 hours for him alone - I need him on 3 different projects I'm working on and he only signs one auto per person per day) there were roughly 60 fans waiting for him. So, he signs for the first 59 people and then some idiot who had already asked him to sign steps in front of me to get a second signature and Phil says, "I already signed for you today, please don't ask me again" to the moron (who knew full well that he was trying to rope Phil into a second sig). So I was the only one not to get an autograph from Phil. I could have murdered the guy (not Phil, the autograph hound). Phil is a great guy and I was really aggrivated that I had hung around all that extra time just to get shut out.

Anyway, here's what I picked up on the day...the two Goosen items are available for trade if anyone wants them.

Balls:

Mike Weir NEVER signs golf balls, and surely not with the Masters logo on them...but today the seas parted and he did:

Billy Mayfair was genuinely excited when I asked him to sign this. It's an original ball from his win at the US Amateur in 1987. He chatted with me about how much we both love the US Amateur (my second favorite after the Masters) and he shook my hand and walked away. Heck of a nice guy...

Angel Cabrera rarely plays in the US so I was happy to see him and get another 07 Us Open logo ball signed

Added a duplicate Retief Goosen ball. Retief was his usual silent self

So silent in fact that I asked him to sign a flag too:

Closeup of Goosen sig:

I had a Calvin Peete signed Players Championship Flag lying around so I figured I may as well start another multi winners flag because I'm stupid and like punishment:

Some of you may remember my AWESOME multi-winner players flag that includes Nicklaus, Woods, Norman, Trevino, Mickelson etc. Next to my 57 Celtics ball, this is my pride and joy:

Caught Trevor Immelman coming off the range and got my 08 Masters Flag signed ( I need a freaking job so I can buy the 09 stuff next month!!)

And my buddy who didn't need anything from Trevor added him to my Multi-Masters winner flag too:

Added Scott Verplank to my US Amateur winners flag:

Added Padraig Harrington to my Multi-PGA Championship winners flag:

And finally...added two more players to the 08 Ryder Cup winning team flag (Chad Campbell and Kenny Perry). Now it's only missing Stewart Cink who didn't play on the West Coast this year and the captain - Paul Azinger who didn't play a Practice round and i can't afford to go back over to Riviera.

Until next time...
  • Options
    The mail today brought a nice baseball from Paul Molitor. Thanks for the good address Nick!

• Options
    Good work on the Molitor ball Mike, and just to clarify, I did pay $15 for my Perry autograph.
  • Options
    Excellent Mike - looks like you had a great day over at the course - congrats