Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PWCC Auctions Ending Early

I had put a fairly good bid in on this item but it was ended early by PWCC. Do those guys tend to end auctions early? Should I have contacted them directly with my top bid? Not always sure how the consignors work. Thanks, Kevin

1972 Topps Hockey PSA 10

Comments

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is not their SOP. I have a hefty snipe ready to go. What card did they end early?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hey Kevin,

I've never seen them end an auction early. Perhaps the consignor had second thoughts about selling it. I'd send Brent an email or message through eBay as he is very customer friendly. I'm curious what his response is. Keep us posted.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • maybe it was because there were no bids..or more likely the $12 shipping lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    The consignor may have been worried he wasn't going to get a fair price and wanted to end the auction early.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Most of your responses were on the mark. As cpamike noted, Brent was very responsive. It looks like it was a consignor issue and card will re-list in March. (I messed up on my initial e-mail and did not indicate the auction, thus the question in the response.)

Here is Brent's response:
    I'm not sure what card you're referring to, but my guess is it's the Orr Leaders card? We ended it because the consignor really wanted "Bobby Orr" instead of just "Orr" in the title and we had neglected to make that change before the item launched. It will relist in our March auction.
  • very understandable....PWCC would have still gotten top dollar anyway...Orr PSA 10 is all u need...
    we have consignors make these kind of demands to us frequently as well...
    client is king....we honor their requests in these cases too...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    That makes plenty of sense. If I was the consignor, I would have wanted his whole name as well. Brent did a couple of Super Bowl tickets for me and forgot to put the word TICKET into the header. I was concerned that prospective buyers would not have been able to find them. The tickets still sold rather low for what they were (he forgot to put in the numeric super bowl they were, and only used roman numerals, which most people DON'T use), but I can't fault him for that.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Brent responded quickly and you now know what happened. As Rick said, the consignors have a lot of pull and they both do a great job being responsive to their needs.

I know that when I consigned some stuff to Brent, I had access to the listing as it would appear before it was to be listed on eBay. I actually did notice something in the title and Brent fixed it before it got listed. As was indicated, the consignor pointed it out, but with so many listing and I'm sure requests for revisions, it slipped through the cracks unfortunately.

Rick, I am not an eBay seller so excuse my question if it is stupid, but do you have the ability to know who bidded on a particular auction and if so, could you send each person a message through eBay letting them know what happened? Besides making the consignor happy by relisting it next month, you would keep all your potential bidders intact when it is relisted.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Rick, I am not an eBay seller so excuse my question if it is stupid, but do you have the ability to know who bidded on a particular auction and if so, could you send each person a message through eBay letting them know what happened? Besides making the consignor happy by relisting it next month, you would keep all your potential bidders intact when it is relisted.
    ==> yes, you can see the list of bidders ( not watchers )....once u end the item though early, this data disappears...
    we cut and paste the info when we have this happen and we email bidders if we feel its relevant....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!

Don't want the Louis Orr collectors to get confused!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL!

Don't want the Louis Orr collectors to get confused! >>

It was the Jonathan Orr collectors he was worried about. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL!

Don't want the Louis Orr collectors to get confused! >>

It was the Jonathan Orr collectors he was worried about. image

Nick >>

Colton orr?