Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

RIP Teddy Pendergrass

The world lost a great singer.....anyone know if he ever sang the Natl Anthem at a ball game?

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I think he performed prior to Phila. 76er's games back in the Dr. J era
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    RIP Teddy! But at least edit his name in the title to spell it right.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
    Quick Google search reveals:
    Teddy Pendergrass sang the National Anthem before the game between the Washington Wizards and the Philadelphia 76ers at First Union Center on April 16, 2003 in Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia Eagles recently held an extravagant house party Sept. 8, 2003 to herald their new home at Lincoln Financial Field. Lighting Systems Design, Inc. (LSDI) produced a spectacular stadium opening show combining lasers, lighting, pyrotechnics and huge fireballs to provide what spectators claimed is one of the most spectacular shows ever witnessed in the City of Brotherly Love.

The event was part of a half-hour Monday Night Football pre-game show which featured Irish Tenor Ronan Tynan singing "God Bless America," a stirring video of Eagles history, Teddy Pendergrass singing the National Anthem, an F-16 flyover, and a surprise appearance by actor Sylvester Stallone. The show was designed to inaugurate the new stadium and kick-off the Eagles' 2003 NFL season with an unforgettable experience for more than 67,000 fans in attendance and the 2 million plus fans watching the local ABC affiliates broadcast.
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    lol..I already edited it one time.....anyway...RIP

PS - I vaguely remember him doing an NBA All STar game post car accident.......
    You may be right. I remember when the all-star game was in Philly the entire theme was centered around the "Philly Sound". I remember Hall & Oates performing as well.
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    sad to hear

RIP
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Very sad. When I think about all the great Black singers who have died in the past couple of years it just boggles my mind. Luther Vandross, Barry White, Michael Jackson, Levi Stubbs, Isaac Hayes, the list goes on and on. RIP Teddy.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Heaven must be putting on one awesome concert right now!
  • Teddy was an inspiration. He made such wonderful music and his voice just was penetrating. Compared to what passes for R+B on the radio now, Teddy sounds like a men among boys.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I saw Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes 35+ years ago. Great show.

I'm glad he started singing again after the accident. He had a smooth, soulful sound lacking in today's R&B music.

Joe

• << <i>I saw Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes 35+ years ago. Great show.

Joe >>

That wouldve been an awesome show.