Home U.S. Coin Forum

state quarters value??

are any state quarter rolls worth more than face?
"Everyday above ground is a good day"

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Only if you can find ones in the rolls that will slab at least MS67.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Complete sets and BU rolls sell for about 1.5 times face.
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think BU rolls sell for 1.5 face.
    Most are worth face value take them to the bank!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• << <i>I don't think BU rolls sell for 1.5 face.
    Most are worth face value take them to the bank! >>

They do on eBay. Some more, some less but about $15 + shipping average

http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-D-BU-Original-Roll-Georgia-State-Quarters-/130487685981
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Original bank rolls Tennessee P & D go for much higher than face due to the scarcity. Some group bought up all the rolls they could to make colorized (possibly Elvis sticker) sets of P and D Tennessee quarters, and as a result the value of the rolls is much higher than most other state quarters.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    all 16,201,700 rolls......thank you ..thank you very much.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • It also seems the 1999 rolls (highest mintage), Illinois, Tennessee & D Wisconsin's (leaf errors?) bring the most on average. When I searched eBay completed listings for 'state quarter roll' and sorted completed auctions by price plus shipping looking at auctions with multiple bids, the highest price paid at auction for a single BU bank roll was $20.50 + 4.95 shipping for this listing http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-D-WISCONSIN-QUARTER-ROLL-H-T-N-F-WRAPPED-/360341376349. The lowest price was for this listing http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncirculated-Roll-2007-Washington-D-State-Quarters-/120681239050. The listings with a higher starting price, a lot go unsold, but closer to $15 + shipping there is more activity.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After factoring in ebay/paypal fees plus time, is it worth it to try and use Ebay over a bank?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

• << <i>After factoring in ebay/paypal fees plus time, is it worth it to try and use Ebay over a bank? >>

To those selling individual rolls on eBay it must be. If you have enough of them it may be worthwhile. Even listing them as a lot on eBay will bring you more than driving them to the bank.
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them but the Elvis thing is real.
  • off to the bank they go!
    thanks folks

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them but the Elvis thing is real. >>

The thing Elvis does for me is real too! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to take them to the bank, you should first crack open every roll to look for errors and then re-roll them.

It will only cost you time and it is possible (not very likely tho) you could make a big error score.
  • TOO LATE! $350 face mixed years, bank rolls on the way to the bank.

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TOO LATE! $350 face mixed years, bank rolls on the way to the bank. >>

I hope you didn't sell many gems for a quarter each.
    Tempus fugit.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a BUNCH od State Quarter rolls but only the later years are OBW. The others were all selected from mint bags and then tubed.

I may offer them on ebay but with a BIN, they wouldn't be cheap since the fee's for eBay and PayPal combined eat heavily into their face value.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>The lowest price was for this listing http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncirculated-Roll-2007-Washington-D-State-Quarters-/120681239050. >>

pretty cheap, since his listings state:

"Dates included are:
    50 2007 Washington D State Quarters"

50 quarters!!! that makes the shipping FREE!
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk

• << <i>

<< <i>The lowest price was for this listing http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncirculated-Roll-2007-Washington-D-State-Quarters-/120681239050. >>

pretty cheap, since his listings state:

"Dates included are:
    50 2007 Washington D State Quarters"

50 quarters!!! that makes the shipping FREE! >>

Yes, he shows a $10 roll and states 50 coins in the description. He also says some of the coins are circulated image. Lots of conflicting information in the listing which no doubt contributed to the lower than average outcome.
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone's looking to get rid of their GA and CT rolls (OBW) to the bank or whatever, please let me know first. Those are the only 2 rolls missing from my kids' complete 11-year set, and so far I've only seen them offered for "moon money".........

- - Daveimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file