Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSH: $25 bank boxes of copper pennies just 2x face value *Price Lowered*

For sale are $25 bank boxes of copper pennies. Current spot price is $3.84 per pound, making each cent worth over 2.5x face value. A $25 box is currently worth $63.65.

I am selling each box for $50 each, shipping included.

Payment by check or money order.

I can also accomodate any size order.

My email is copperbullion@hotmail.com

Comments

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I see your point, but is it not still illegal to melt U.S Nickels, and pennies?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see your point, but is it not still illegal to melt U.S Nickels, and pennies? >>

It is not illegal to save them, sell them etc. You just cannot melt them. It was the same thing for silver coinage back during the mid-1960's.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Just pointing out that I never mentioned anything about melting them, nor is there any reason to melt them.

I'm just selling $25 bank boxes, 50 rolls per box. No melting involved.
  • adrianaadriana Posts: 581 ✭✭
    bUT, IT'S OK FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO MELT THEM!
  • Even so $55.00 a box.Thats a little bit much
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    What year and mint marks please?

• Melt is $62.50.

So $55 per box shipped is not too much, and is cheaper than any of the other dealers selling copper bullion.

All of the cents are pre-1982. Years and mintmarks are of course mixed.

It's pretty straight forward, same deal as junk silver.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local B&M dealer has a bin
    "Pre-1982 Copper Cents ......3c Ea."
    You don't have to melt to sell/trade.
    Copper will trade like Silver.......someday.
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • people are missing the boat on these i have been going to my local bank everyday getting just $20 worth of rolls of pennies to pull out the copper and am bagging them up someday people will regret not doing it triple my money not bad for a little time for searching image
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • adrianaadriana Posts: 581 ✭✭
    I remember years ago, We used ten lbs of silver as a doorstop, same applies here, 95% copper that's a deal! China is stocking copper by the warehouse , there's got to be a reason for that. All hard commodities are a store of value these days, that includes copper. Should our economy pick-up, you'll see copper going thru the roof.!
  • image i searched $20 worth today and came up with 15 wheaties aswell as 7 rolls of copper cents ...not to bad $3.50 out of the $20 from whati hear more and more people are doing this same thing
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here in So. Cal... My yield has been around 15 ~ 20% of copper cents vs. zinc ones from the bank.
  • Still at $55 shipped per box.
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Even if not melting them, I think you are over priced. I get rolls at face value at my bank and pull them out at my leisure. I can't see someone pay your price at this point in time. Maybe in ten years or so.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • 1. Most dealers are currently selling either at spot or higher. I am selling far below spot.

2. Many people don't have time to sort through thousands of rolls, and then they don't like rolling the zincs and taking them back to the bank.

3. What price do you think is fair?

• << <i>3. What price do you think is fair? >>

Just my 2 cents. If you have solid date boxes and note them as such, then $55 delivered seems fine to me.

If they're mixed date, then I'd drop it to $45.
  • Copper up to $3.83 per pound, making a $25 box worth $63.46.

Since some board members think that I am overpriced even though my price beats all others online, I'm dropping the price to $50 shipped per box.
    You can also order a specific number of rolls or a speciic number of pounds if you wish. Just PM or email me.
  • honestly i dont feel u are high on them ...it takes alot of time to go thru rolls not that anyone cant go to the bank and do it but many people choose not to due to the time it takes to do it ...hey ur time has got to be worth something image
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
  • I think it's more than fair. It takes a long time to sort. There is alot of eye strain involved, hand cramps, your hands turn black, it's a dirty job.

In the end you get a nice clean bank box of solid copper at far less than melt. Don't forget I have to lug hundreds of pounds of zinc cents back to the bank.

• bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I think there are far too many discussions and bumps on this thread. JMHO
  • And didn't you do, just that?!?
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary

• << <i>I think there are far too many discussions and bumps on this thread. JMHO >>

I agree image
  • Copper now at $3.84 folks.
  • check ebay they do sell there is a guy who i have seen sell a 1000 lb = about 1470.00 and he sells them for 2700.00 nice little 1200.00 profit ...
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
  • Still have numerous boxes available!
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    What percentage of those would you say are wheaties? s-mints? And are any of them 1982 coppers, or too much to separate those out to include?

- - Dave
  • You will not find any wheats.

There are S-mints, sometimes you will hardly find any, other times they are numerous.

There are no 1982's, these are specifically pre-1982.