Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2010 Nationals Picture Thread

For those of us not fortunate enough to be at the 2010 Nationals in Baltimore please share your pictures for us to drool!

High resolution, low resolution anything and everything would be wonderful to see!

Please don't spam this post.

Thanks in advance

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

Comments

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “The Nationals”??? No need for the “s” at the end. Its one show, not more than one. It’s not a billiards tournament. If u were going to game 7 of the NHL finals, u wouldn’t say “I’m going to the Stanley Cups”. This bothers me as much as people (ie sportscasters) who say “Wimbleton”, when its pronounced “Wimbledon”.

(akuracy503, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling u out here as u’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your thread title is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread and looking forward to seeing photos from The National!!!
  • byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he meant "National's"? I hear most people call it the National but things like that can be annoying to some when they are wrong, like saying RBIs when it's already a plural.
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    Try living in Illinoi"s" and hearing your home state mispronounced regularly.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “u're”??? You need the “yo” at the beginning. You is a word, not a sound. You're is not a contraction between the letter u and are; it is a contraction between the words you and are. This bothers me as much as people who overuse “lol”. If people really laughed out loud that often, we'd all be nucking futs.

(mikelowell25, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling you out here as you’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your flagrant use of the incorrect contraction is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this commentary and looking forward to seeing photos from The Nationals!!!

• << <i>Perhaps he meant "National's"? I hear most people call it the National but things like that can be annoying to some when they are wrong, like saying RBIs when it's already a plural. >>

RBI is not a plural, it is RBI = RUN BATTED IN, until the player gets 2 it is a singular term.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    imagine Nirvana. with smelly guys in ballcaps.

there.

now who needs pictures. image

<< <i>

<< <i>Perhaps he meant "National's"? I hear most people call it the National but things like that can be annoying to some when they are wrong, like saying RBIs when it's already a plural. >>

RBI is not a plural, it is RBI = RUN BATTED IN, until the player gets 2 it is a singular term. >>

People who complain about the use of "RBIs" and proclaim that it should be "R'sBI" are much like people who proclaim that people from Phoenix are Phoenicians. They're d-bags. Louis CK has another word for them.
  • scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Great idea for a thread -- too bad it took a 180 -- might want to take a mulligan image

I'm headed to the "NSCC" tomorrow and will try to get some nice pics.

Scott
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    u r all making me lmao!
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    High resolution, low resolution anything and everything would be wonderful to see!

Please don't spam this post.

Thanks in advance
  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “u're”??? You need the “yo” at the beginning. You is a word, not a sound. You're is not a contraction between the letter u and are; it is a contraction between the words you and are. This bothers me as much as people who overuse “lol”. If people really laughed out loud that often, we'd all be nucking futs.

(mikelowell25, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling you out here as you’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your flagrant use of the incorrect contraction is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this commentary and looking forward to seeing photos from The Nationals!!! >>

We have an English teacher in the mix. My personal favorite...wait for it.....the dangling participle. I still have no idea what it is but that brings me back to High School English and always brought a smile to my face.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Looking for to reading about more spelling nit and stuff! Who wants pictures anyways.

<< <i>Looking for to reading about more spelling nit and stuff! Who wants pictures anyways. >>

Perhaps instead of spelling lessons, I should be giving remedial english.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez - I was hoping to see some pics.
    Mike

• << <i>

<< <i>Looking for to reading about more spelling nit and stuff! Who wants pictures anyways. >>

Perhaps instead of spelling lessons, I should be giving remedial english. >>

Pleeeze!!! Totally one it.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>What follows is constructive criticism; please dont take it the wrong way!!

Can we please stop calling it “The Nationals”??? No need for the “s” at the end. Its one show, not more than one. It’s not a billiards tournament. If u were going to game 7 of the NHL finals, u wouldn’t say “I’m going to the Stanley Cups”. This bothers me as much as people (ie sportscasters) who say “Wimbleton”, when its pronounced “Wimbledon”.

(akuracy503, please don’t take this personally as I’m not singling u out here as u’re not the only one who makes this mistake; there are others who do as well, but your thread title is what finally drove me over the edge).

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread and looking forward to seeing photos from The National!!! >>

Good point. In meteorite or more so mineral trading, we have what we call national shows, but individually they are not considered plural...and in the case of Tucson, there literally is 50-60 or more shows going on...but it stil doesn't get the plural. Sport cards...one show...one building....and it is plural.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.