Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2010 Topps Melvin Mora #13 Error

Hello Everyone!!

Check the backs of your 2010 Topps Melvin Mora #13.
I have 11 of them but I noticed that one has Adam Jones on the back.
I haven't heard anything else about this variation so I figured I would check with everyone here.
Here is a scan.
The top card has the Adam Jones reverse.

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    nice catch!!!!

• Cool, wonder if it's intentional.
  • Probably not intentional. Will have to check my cards.
  • Awesome find! Now to locate one...
    My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.
  • I always liked that Paul Gibson error from 1989 Score. Something about that card just did it for me.
  • Hey Everyone,

Just checking to see if anybody has located another one of these.
    It definitely appears to be an unintentional variation that was corrected very early.
    I have roughly 10 sets put together, but this is the only variation of this type that I have found.
    Very interesting to say the least!

Tim
  • bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I checked at least 11 Mora's and did not see that variation in my piles.
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went thru 26 #13 and not a single error. If anyone comes across it and wants to sell or trade. lmk.

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    just checked all mine - no error here

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice find Tim!

Who knows, maybe you have one of only a few?
    Mike
  • Saw you posted this on FCB and I posted it on Topps. So far it's looking rare !
    imageimageimage
  • I checked mine and nothing, so far it does seem promising!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • I've got at least 24 of them on the way. I usually don't bother with recent Topps variations but something tells me this is going to be a big one.

Also, for those who have the $$$ to do so, I'd start picking up copies of the Adam Jones #25. It wouldn't surprise me if they originally had swapped photos.

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    What the eff?????

imageimage

I just found these!!!!

(in my photoshop) image

Sorry, I'm really not trying to call BS on cincykid75's card at all, I just want to see more examples! I hope it's a true error.
    Very cool Jeff.

I don't use photoshop - but the program is really cool - I think it's better than it was 10 yrs ago.

Nice job.

If Tim was pulling our legs? It was a good one.
    Mike
  • That's the time I dont scroll all the way down before rushing off to ebay. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry TOO much yet, Tim's looks legit. However, I would feel more comfortable if a couple more errors would appear on the grid.
  • No worries folks, it's definitely legit.
    I've never used Photoshop in my life.
    Believe me, if I were to pull a prank on everyone, I'd choose someone like Pujols, Jeter, AROD, etc.

What's interesting is that Pujols' #327 has him listed as an outfielder on the reverse, and Shairon Martis's #193 is missing his career totals.
    Neither of them appear to have been corrected so far.
    It seems odd that Topps would stop the presses to correct the Mora, and not the other two.

Tim

• richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

I would like to trade with you if you get any of these (or buy).

Let me know

rich

richtree@gmail.com
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”

• << <i>I've got at least 24 of them on the way. I usually don't bother with recent Topps variations but something tells me this is going to be a big one.

Also, for those who have the $$$ to do so, I'd start picking up copies of the Adam Jones #25. It wouldn't surprise me if they originally had swapped photos. >>

Good point about the #25 card, will have to check both cards.
  • Bought a blaster at a local Wal-Mart and lo and behold, I got the #13 Mora with Adam Jones on back. I'm wondering if this variation is just limited to location or to product. But yes, there is at least two of them out there now...
  • 10 copies arrived today. All corrected.

• << <i>Bought a blaster at a local Wal-Mart and lo and behold, I got the #13 Mora with Adam Jones on back. I'm wondering if this variation is just limited to location or to product. But yes, there is at least two of them out there now... >>

Good Question. Maybe a new Walmart or Target version.....

I emailed all the sellers on Naxcom err Sportsbuy. 5 responses thus far. All corrected.
    imageimageimage

• << <i>

<< <i>Bought a blaster at a local Wal-Mart and lo and behold, I got the #13 Mora with Adam Jones on back. I'm wondering if this variation is just limited to location or to product. But yes, there is at least two of them out there now... >>

I emailed all the sellers on Naxcom err Sportsbuy. 5 responses thus far. All corrected. >>

Actually I was thinking the opposite. The WalMart I got them from had moved their card section to the back of the store--they pretty much are closing out their cards or not stocking them anymore--you had to really search to find a pretty miserable card section. I'm thinking the blaster box was probably from the first release of the cards--the number on the inside lip was really low, like 0008aa1
    I had 12 Moras and 13 Jones -- all with the correct pictures.

• << <i>

<< <i>Bought a blaster at a local Wal-Mart and lo and behold, I got the #13 Mora with Adam Jones on back. I'm wondering if this variation is just limited to location or to product. But yes, there is at least two of them out there now... >>

I emailed all the sellers on Naxcom err Sportsbuy. 5 responses thus far. All corrected. >>

That's gotta be nice for all the people who simply bought them in hopes of finding one.
  • Just listed mine on Ebay. Best case scenario it sells for some good cash. Worst case scenario it brings more of the variations out of the woodwork and the true rarity of the card will be known.

• << <i>Worst case scenario it brings more of the variations out of the woodwork and the true rarity of the card will be known. >>

This perfectly sums up why I try to share as much error & variation info as possible.

• RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭

<< <i>Just listed mine on Ebay. Best case scenario it sells for some good cash. Worst case scenario it brings more of the variations out of the woodwork and the true rarity of the card will be known. >>

You should put the word error in your title.

• << <i>

<< <i>Just listed mine on Ebay. Best case scenario it sells for some good cash. Worst case scenario it brings more of the variations out of the woodwork and the true rarity of the card will be known. >>

You should put the word error in your title. >>

Sorry, I just noticed this too, though, after I placed a bid. You should definitely add "error" and "variation" if possible.

If this is yours? I'd recommend putting ERROR in your title - that's how I would google it - you'll get more hits that way IMO.

Auction.
    Mike
  • Yeah, but I can't edit the title once bids are on it. I did add a link to this thread though

• << <i>Yeah, but I can't edit the title once bids are on it. I did add a link to this thread though >>

I'd cancel JC's bid and edit. Dont think he'd mind.
    imageimageimage

<< <i>Yeah, but I can't edit the title once bids are on it. I did add a link to this thread though >>

How much is the reserve?
    Mike

• << <i>

<< <i>Yeah, but I can't edit the title once bids are on it. I did add a link to this thread though >>

I'd cancel JC's bid and edit. Dont think he'd mind. >>

Not at all. Let me know when it goes back up.

• Okay, I cancelled Jackson's bid (and I feel terrible about it image ) and ended the auction. But it is relisted with error variation in the title and a subtitle. Let's see them start hitting ebay after this one image
    Did my bad photoshop work just make it onto www.baseballcardpedia.com?? Check out the "Errors" section... LMFAO!
    Good luck Tim!

The card auction.
    Mike
  • I found one of the error/variation of this card. Came out of a blaster box at wal-mart. Suprised to see only one listed on Ebay.
    Might inspire me to buy a couple more boxes tommorrow.
    Thanks for pointing this out!

• Ughh, guess I'll have to hit the Wal-mart Again. I bought a blaster and a couple cereal boxes and missed.
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did my bad photoshop work just make it onto www.baseballcardpedia.com?? Check out the "Errors" section... LMFAO! >>

Good job Jeff! Your next photoshop experiment should be an A-Roid card with a pic of Barry Balco on the back!
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    After I read this thread yesterday, I stopped at Wal Mart and bought three packs. The first pack I opened had the Melvin Mora error card on top. I may have to let the other auction run then list mine.

Thanks for posting this, I never would have known otherwise.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • So now we know that there have been at least four found, three of which have been confirmed from Wal-Mart. Can anyone confirm if they've gotten a corrected one from Wal-Mart? Also makes me wonder if this was a way for Topps to spur some interest in Wal-Mart chase cards comapred to hobby chase cards--could there be more variations out of Wal-Mart packs that haven't been uncovered yet? And what about Target? I'm wondering if Target packs yield a different unknown variation...

• << <i>So now we know that there have been at least four found, three of which have been confirmed from Wal-Mart. Can anyone confirm if they've gotten a corrected one from Wal-Mart? Also makes me wonder if this was a way for Topps to spur some interest in Wal-Mart chase cards comapred to hobby chase cards--could there be more variations out of Wal-Mart packs that haven't been uncovered yet? And what about Target? I'm wondering if Target packs yield a different unknown variation... >>

A good question to ask the Topps Marketing Dept! I've bought cards only at Target and don't have the Mora error. I'll have to go over the dupes I have with a fine-tooth comb and see if there are any Target-specific errors...
    Speaking of variations, has anyone pulled the Curtis Granderson in a Yankees uniform yet? It's selling pretty decent on ebay. There is an original portrait-style in the Tigers uniform, then there's the landscape-style with the airbrushed Yankees uniform.
  • Hey Guys,

I went to Target last night and bought 6 blasters.
    I pulled another Mora error in the 4th one.
    It seems that the error is available only in the early run blasters from both Wal Mart & Target.
    The retail & jumbo packs seem to have only the corrected version.
    I'm not sure about hobby packs as I've only busted retail.

Tim
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Mine came out of a Wal Mart singles packs, the ones in the dispensing display box.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.

• << <i>Hey Guys,

I went to Target last night and bought 6 blasters.
    I pulled another Mora error in the 4th one.
    It seems that the error is available only in the early run blasters from both Wal Mart & Target.
    The retail & jumbo packs seem to have only the corrected version.
    I'm not sure about hobby packs as I've only busted retail.

Tim >>

Are you getting corrected versions in the same pack as the variations, or is it variation only?

<< <i>Speaking of variations, has anyone pulled the Curtis Granderson in a Yankees uniform yet? It's selling pretty decent on ebay. There is an original portrait-style in the Tigers uniform, then there's the landscape-style with the airbrushed Yankees uniform. >>

I pulled one of these from my jumbo cases.
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I bought 2 jumbo packs at Target and got a corrected version.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards