Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1952 Wheaties Champions Panels

Does anyone have any information either about the panels themselves or their value? I found one eBay auction, but the five I have pictured below are in much better shape.

Text

Collecting Tony Conigliaro

Comments

• Good Morning,
    Let me put it to you this way.......................

Can you Say KaChing KaChing!!!!!!!!!

At the very least they are worth Several Hundred each !! Most likely much much more!!!!!!!!!!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are incredible Tony!

Tho - if properly cut out - and if clean with no creases - would do very well - graded, I would be tempted - if I owned them - to have them framed.

For those who don't collect these, notice that he has some of the players in both "portrait" and "action" shots - like Ted Williams, Roy Campy, Bob Feller....

Not sure of the value but I would be proud to have them - that's fer sure!

mike
    Mike
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Very cool. How many different boxes were there? I see the female golfer in the first one is also on the third. Were any others double printed?
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Very, very nice. I would love to find some panels as nice as those.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I collected those I would pay $500 for them.

For what it's worth...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Tony,

Those panels are absolutely beautiful!

Not sure of their monetary value, but they sure do bring back a few breakfast memories for me.

Back in the early '50s, we had cereals like Kix, Shredded Wheat, Corn Flakes, Pep and Wheaties.

I actually ate cereal from those Wheaties boxes when I was a kid. Since there were no Mantle cards on any of the boxes, they were thrown away without the cards being cut from them.

Thanks for sharing,
    PoppaJ

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some of those a few years back. I seem to recall getting around $250 apiece for them on ebay. Hope this helps.
    Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I actually ate cereal from those Wheaties boxes when I was a kid. Since there were no Mantle cards on any of the boxes, they were thrown away without the cards being cut from them. >>

Wow Poppa! How old were you in '52?

I'm one of the senior guys here and I was 5 at the time and definitely do not remember the product to be honest.

mike
    Mike
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>

<< <i>I actually ate cereal from those Wheaties boxes when I was a kid. Since there were no Mantle cards on any of the boxes, they were thrown away without the cards being cut from them. >>

Wow Poppa! How old were you in '52?

I'm one of the senior guys here and I was 5 at the time and definitely do not remember the product to be honest.

mike >>

/////////////////////

Hi Mike,

I'm so old, I remember when rainbows were black and white!

I walked into an antique auction last week and three people bid on me!

My birth certificate is in Roman Numerals!

I'm so old, I fart dust!

Let's just say I could be your older brother and leave it at that image

PoppaJ