Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Where/how do you leave "seller is away" note on your ebay listings??

Thanks everyone...cant seem to find in ebay anywhere.

Jeff

Comments

• otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Funny, I was just searching for this, too. Gonna be gone for 10 days in Aruba and have about 20 30-days auctions still running...
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Going on vacation? There are several ways you can make sure your buyers don't have a negative shopping experience by buying items and unexpectedly waiting a long time to receive them.

Here are three options. You can use one or all of them at the same time.

Changing your Store Settings

To change these settings and turn them on:

Go to MyeBay. You might be asked to sign in.

Click the Manage Your Store link in the My Subscriptions box.

On the Manage Your Store page, click the Change vacation settings link.

On the settings page, choose the vacation options you want.

Click the Turn vacation settings On button.

Click the Save Settings button.

Note: You will continue to be charged the normal fees (such as your Store subscription fee and listing-related fees) while vacation settings are on..

If your vacation settings are on, they will remain in effect until you return to the vacation settings page.

To turn off your vacation settings:

On the vacation settings page, click the Turn vacation settings Off button.

Click the Save Settings button.

Making your Store inventory and fixed price listings unavailable

What it does: This option hides all of your Store inventory and fixed price items so that buyers do not see them in your Store, in search results, in cross-promotions (where other items are promoted in your listing), or on any other eBay pages. Using this option prevents buyers from having a negative shopping experience—in particular, buying items and waiting longer expected to receive them from you. This feature also lowers your risk of receiving negative Feedback.

Other information about this option:

Only your Store inventory and fixed price listings will be hidden. All auction-style and any other eBay listings will continue to appear to buyers as they normally do.

Buyers who have already purchased items from these listings will still be able to view them.

All other characteristics of your Store inventory listings will proceed normally, except they will be hidden from the view of buyers. For example, listings may expire if they aren’t scheduled to be automatically renewed or relisted.

Your Store inventory items will remain hidden until you return to the vacation settings page and turn this option off.

While your listing pages will become hidden almost immediately, their titles may continue to appear in searches for several minutes and in categories for up to a few hours.

Watched items will continue to appear, and buyers could purchase a watched item while you're on vacation.

Displaying a vacation message in your listings

What it does: This option will place a message above the item descriptions of all of your active listings, including auction-style, regular fixed price, and Store inventory listings (if you have not chosen to hide them from buyers).

Note: Due to eBay policy restrictions, you must use the standard vacation message provided. You’ll need to select a date by which you expect to return. You can come back to the vacation settings page to change this date if needed.

Displaying a vacation message in your Store

What it does: This option lets you place a message on your Store pages, informing buyers that you will be away on vacation. This message appears below your custom header, if you have chosen to display one, without affecting any text you have saved in that area.

Note: You can use a default vacation message that we provide or create one of your own using either text or HTML format.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Jeff, do you have an Ebay store or you just have some auctions going? i believe you can only turn on vacation settings on a store...

• jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Scott,

Aruba sounds nice this time of year. Enjoy the time off and let me know if you find it.

Jeff
  • as far as I know that option is for stores only.... you would need to revise each listing stating you are away and item won't ship until x (your return date)... please don't bid if you are unable to wait until x for shipment....
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Storm gets an instant text message from CU if you include the words "Ebay" or "Paypal" in a thread title.
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    I dont have a store just about 10 listings running.

Jeff
  • No vacation for you!!!
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    I noticed that notice for the first time on an auction just yesterday. Nice feature!!