Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Coin guy needs help on Unitas and Jordan Rookie card values! And many NEWB questions as I have an id

Picked these up as part of a coin deal, yep I collect those other things, but was hoping you could help with values and tell me how these cards have done in the history as it has been 2992 since I bought my last card.

1986-1987 Fleer #57 Michale Jordan PSA 7
1957 #138 Topps John Unitas PSA 4

** Now this has rekindled a spark from my childhood, cards. I am thinking of building what some coin collectors call a "box of 20". It is your all time favorite coins of all time, you pick 20 and that is your set. My idea would be to pick my favorite 20 players from all sports and buy thier PSA graded rookie cards, if possible. Example, the above 2 cards, a 1968 topps Nolan Ryan, 1989 upper deck Ken Griffey jr. a 1933 Goudy Babe Ruth ( pretty sure this isn't his rookie, in fact what is his rookie card??) A 1909 Ty Cobb ( again is there even a rookie card), a Brett Hull rookie, and so on.

What Grade gives you the most bang for your buck? What do you think of my idea? No cards would be from after 1990 as I think they made billions of each, so I would be looking at the earlier players.

Other than ebay where is a good place to purchase cards?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am thinking of building what some coin collectors call a "box of 20". >>

I've never heard that term, but I like it. It's a great idea.
    Your budget is the biggest variable in this project.

Good Luck.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Any idea of the value of the cards I took in tarde?
  • al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Vintage Card Price.com average for the Jordan is 430 and the Unitas is 160 right now, and both cards are on the rise now, according to the site.
  • Sounds like a cool idea.

I believe Ruths rookie card is a 1914 Baltimore News card . Very very expensive.

Also for the 1909 Cobb , there are a few different ones in the T206 set. Some are cheaper then others.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL