Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Renata Galasso Inc.-- Worlds Largest Hobby Card Dealer???????

If you have any information about this card company please let me know. I came across many baseball cards with that label on the back. Mostly vintage re-prints. printed (1977 TCMA)
Steve Merullo

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    She was a dealer that came along in the mid 70's- think she paid for college putting sets together from vending cases. TCMA was a company owned by collectors that issued sets (I think Steve Aronstein was the principle guy) and she had some tie in with them. I dropped out of collecting for 20+ years and when I got back she was gone. She, along with Fritsch and Martucci, were some of the biggest volume dealers of complete sets then.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Bought some complete sets from her company in the 70's. Look at some old TSN's and you will see their ads.
  • dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Could have sworn she was out of NYC. She was a huge dealer back in the early 80s. Like Griffins, I dropped out about the time PSA started and didn't come back till I recently needed a few hot dogs.
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I believe she was operating in Brooklyn and had ads in Baseball Digest & The Sporting News. She was probably the worlds largest dealer. After all there wasn't too many dealers in the country where you could get a complete '75 set in 1975...jay
  • Thank you for the info. Are they of any value??? Is there a market for them? Worth having graded?
    Thanks, Steve.
    Steve Merullo
  • Thanks, Is there any value to these cards? Is there a market for them? Should I have them graded?
    Steve.
    Steve Merullo
  • Are you talking about the Galasso greats set, black and white photos of stars from the turn of the century through the 60's? The whole set isn't worth all that much money, but I own one and I think it's a great set loaded with HOF'ers and stars.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yep she was out of Brooklyn NY and had ties with TCMA which was run by Mike Aronstein from Yorktown/Peekskill NY She would like you say make sets from vending and advertised in mostly sporting news type papers. She later reprinted and created many sets Including a Mars Attacks set in the mid 80z.
    Good for you.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • from bayridge brooklyn. i tried to track her down a couple of years ago, i went to the old address and it was a candy/cigarette distributor run by a good fellow named mikey....i asked if they left any cards behind and they didn't. he had some cards that HE had leftover from his business. he gave me about 4 boxes of 94 UD series one and some other junk wax all later than 92. he wasn't the talkative type and was happy to see me go. i would asume that she left before 92.

someone is this thread mentioned STAN MARTUCCI, he is living in vegas and sells on EBAY....i can't remember the ID. he had a big store by the stadium in the early 80's i'd never seen so many reggie rookies, munson rookies and nettles rookies in one place....all fresh from vending boxes. if i only knew.......

• << <i>TCMA was a company owned by collectors that issued sets (I think Steve Aronstein was the principle guy) and she had some tie in with them. >>

it was actually Mike Aronstein.

this is quoting Keith Olbermann here (about Aronstein)...."He invented plastic album sheets, 8-by-10 photos, autograph sessions and countless other hobby staples."
  • Yes, that's the set I was talking about. Black and white hof's. It is a very nice looking set. They also have Goudy reprints of 1933. Are they of any value? Thanks for your comments. Steve.
    Steve Merullo
  • They are worth a ton of money if you have them autographed...a ton why don't you do that you can make some decent change , look what I did with my 1979 card <--------- Previous sentence was all sarcasm...
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought lots of stuff from Galasso as a kid - usually TCMA sets or reprint sets like their T-3 Turkey Red reprint set. Still have all of the cards too image I loved getting their quarterly magazine and would read it over and over. And over. And over.

Still kick myself for not taking them up on their presale of 1984 Fleer Update sets for $7.99 each. I chose the "wise" option of buying the Topps one instead. Skipped on the USFL set too image

Tabe
    www.tabe.nu
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    At least she is better looking than Alan Rosen!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.