Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NBA Hoops 8x10 photos (not action card but similar)

Does anyone know much about NBA Hoops 8x10 photos. My uncle owned a sports card shop in the 80s and 90s and traveled to all kinds of shows. For my 9th birthday in 1991 I received a NBA Hoops picture which says NBA properties on the back along with kodak watermarks all over. The picture happens to be the same used in the Fleer card a couple years prior. The player is Charles Barkley.

I also have 2 Michael Jordan 1990 NBA Hoops 8x10 photos. They also have kodak watermarks all over but not the NBA properties on either. The photo is the exact same as the 1990 Jordan action card except that it isn't trimmed. There are more fans along the edges and it doesn't say Michael Jordan along the bottom.

I haven't been able to find another Barkley like mine.

Comments

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

It is the 1988 Fleer card that the picture appears to be of.

• Options

Sorry to bump this. I won't do it again. I've been struggling for over 2 decades to try and determine how many copies of the photo exist and how it was released to the public.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

Hope you get you info. You have been looking for 2 decades go ahead and bump. Good luck.

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Good God. I've checked ebay for years, for hours, forever. That's it. So now I know it's worthless!

Thank you for finding it.

• Options

Do you happen to have a link?
    I searched for over one hour and haven't found it using various searches on the mobile app.
    Believe it or not, ebays search omits some matching results. I spent a lengthy amount of time proving it to customer service who then stated that it has been reported for the entire 2 years she worked there. It was my own auction that could be found searching "Ted Williams" but not "Ted Williams Lot" when the title was "Vintage Ted Williams Lot baseball cards"

I turned down the offer to cancel my auction for free and repost it because it wasn't any benefit. I really just want a simple feature to work correctly. Strange that it hasn't been fixed (to my knowledge).

• Options
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

@JolleyWrencher said:
    Good God. I've checked ebay for years, for hours, forever. That's it. So now I know it's worthless!

Thank you for finding it.

https://worthpoint.com/worthopedia/charles-barkley-34-signed-auto-photo-2070931150

• Options

I know it's no big deal for anyone else but I am glad to finally see another after preserving mine incase it was rare and a Barkley, Sixers, or Auburn Tigers would like it. Going into the pile of youth give-aways. Maybe it'll have the same effect on another kid someday.

I probably should get a worthpoint membership.

Thank you for taking the time to look it up and post replies. I owe you a card, beer, SLU, or something for the help.