Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Goldin vs. Robert Edwards

Anyone have experience selling through either place? I have about 30 cards (ranging from the $100s to the $1000s) I was thinking of putting up for auction. My first thought was Heritage, but the last two times I sent them selling inquiries (once for cards, once for fine art), no one even bothered to respond to me.

I've bought from both Goldin and Robert Edwards, but never sold through them. Thoughts?

Comments

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭

I would say go with REA for vintage and Golden for modern.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

REA has better service by far and would be my choice 100%. Goldin service in my dealings has not been very good and would never send them anything due to their service. unless it is an ultra modern card that is a $100k+ card would never use them.

• JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

REA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goldin

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    Put them up on BST first - no seller fees.

Agreed, but I would caution people who use the Friends and Family option.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    Put them up on BST first - no seller fees.

Agreed, but I would caution people who use the Friends and Family option.

I just noticed Cakes helps the community with his signature letting people know of his experience with BST here, very cool.

No experience selling on auctions sites other than eBay. Purchased from PWCC, Goldin, and obviously eBay. Goldin takes a little time to send invoices the evening their weekly auctions end compared to eBay and PWCC where processing is quick and you can pay almost immediately.

I have no experience with REA, I am now interested, but I am wonder if they kick their auctions off at the same time like Goldin does. I dislike trying to bid on multiple auctions when they end at similar times, I also think it could cut down on the number of bidders who are more interested in another auction. Unless there is another reason behind it, I tend to think it makes it easier on the auction house for a variety of purposes I can think of for them to save on costs.

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it is time to sell my collection...I plan to use Heritage Auctions. Their bidding pool is probably larger than any other auction house being more than strictly a sports memorabilia auction house along with having international clients. In other words...they are recognized worldwide.

mint_only_pls
  • PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

REA

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust matters more to me than anything so my choice is REA.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    When it is time to sell my collection...I plan to use Heritage Auctions. Their bidding pool is probably larger than any other auction house being more than strictly a sports memorabilia auction house along with having international clients. In other words...they are recognized worldwide.

I would have used Heritage, but they didn't even bother responding to the list of cards/memorabilia I sent through their website. Guess they didn't need my business.

Based on the recommendations here, I went with REA. They responded in less than 12 hours, asked a few good questions, and are readying the paperwork.

• CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Do you want to go out for a nice filet with a perfectly aged red, or leftover, 7 day old seafood?

Go with REA. It’s a no-brainer.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmithAuctionCo said:

Heritage is a terrible option for anything under $150 since their minimum buyer's premium is $29 per lot. Also, Heritage's customer service is basically non-existent - for both sellers and buyers.

That's funny, because I've had exactly the opposite experience with Heritage. As both a seller and a buyer. I agree that lots need to be structured to make the minimum BP worthwhile.