Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sports pin back buttons lithos and cellos- picture added

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 25, 2022 12:13PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I attended the APIC show in the DC Burbs on Saturday- APIC is the American Political Items Collectors which is a well run organization that has local/regional and national shows. I mention this because there was a surprising amount of quality classic sports related pin back buttons- mostly baseball followed by boxing. There was a graded 1963 Fleer baseball card set for sale as well. Mostly the 1940s through the early 1960s- many stars including Mantle, Robinson, Berra and others.

I mention this as some of you may have an interest in either joining or doing a google search to see their show calendar for a show in your area.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

This is one of the items I bought- very iconic with the TV and its future impact. Thought the '55 Bowman card collectors would get a kick out of this

It is Adlai Stevenson and Estes Kefauver - it is from a 1956 telethon fund raising event

• Options

I thought this subject might be worth a second look/discussion.

Why?

Good question. Certain vintage Topps and Bowman cards have price points//valuations whereby pinbacks might be a reasonable thing to include within a collection that represents the time and the MLB experience.

Thoughts?