Home Stamps Forum
Options

Ernest Kehr/1947 Centenary International Philatelic Exhibition Ephemera

cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 21, 2021 12:51PM in Stamps Forum

Hi everyone. I thought I'd share some recently acquired ephemera pertaining to the 1947 Centenary International Philatelic Exhibition. Honestly, I haven't collected stamps since I was a kid (though have thought about getting back into it at some point) and bought this mainly because it was interesting, and cheap. I also remembered having a souvenir sheet featuring the the first US stamps as part of my childhood collection.

The first item is a letter on Exhibition letterhead from and signed by Ernest Kehr thanking someone named Pat for their help with the exhibition (any idea who Pat might be?). The second is a large postcard for the exhibition with an exhibition postmark. I do know that Ernest Kehr was a well-respected philatelist and author, based on an internet search. Any additional info about these pieces would be much appreciated. Enjoy!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

That exhibition was held when stamp collecting was very, very popular. It must have been quite a show!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the souvenir sheets from that exhibition are still pretty inexpensive.