Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help Identifying a St. Louis Cardinal

Any assistance identifying this fellow would be greatly appreciated...Google said it was Jess Petty--which it is not.
Thank you in advance!

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

slaughter maybe?

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Sadly, the image is from the 20's...although the jawline is definitely Slaughter-like

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 10:38AM

young eddie dyer?

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that is Jeff Pfeffer; one of the best pitchers you've never heard of.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

@dallasactuary said:
    I believe that is Jeff Pfeffer; one of the best pitchers you've never heard of.

great call. and on both accounts!

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 1:30AM

That's Big Jeff! Wonderful! That's a great close-up. Thank you so much! I did a Cracker Jack styled card of him a couple years ago but the image was a full body and the face was...well, tiny. He was with Brooklyn.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    That's Big Jeff! Wonderful! That's a great close-up. Thank you so much! I did a Cracker Jack styled card of him a couple years ago but the image was a full body and the face was...well, tiny. He was with Brooklyn.

Two different players. Big Jeff played for the Braves (or whatever they were called back then) and Cubs. Jeff played for Brooklyn and the Cards.

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

Fantastic jersey/logo.