Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Should I wait for PSA or Send to another Company?

I have the following cards:

1986 Michael Jordan (Might grade 1 or 2)
1987 Michael Jordan (Might grade 8)
1987 Michael Jordan Sticker (Might great a 6/7 OC)

I was going to send to PSA to get them graded so I can sell but with them not accepting submission. I was kicking the ideal around sending to BGS. What is everyone thoughts.

GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@gene1978 said:
    I have the following cards:

1986 Michael Jordan (Might grade 1 or 2)
    1987 Michael Jordan (Might grade 8)
    1987 Michael Jordan Sticker (Might great a 6/7 OC)

I was going to send to PSA to get them graded so I can sell but with them not accepting submission. I was kicking the ideal around sending to BGS. What is everyone thoughts.

If waiting isn’t an option, I might consider sending to HGA if you can get lucky enough to grab one of the spots. I think they assign them on Friday, but not 100% sure on that.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless I needed this money quick for an emergency, I'd wait.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beckett

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

SGC second choice.

• Options
    parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Beckett sales prices are right in line with PSA but you’re looking at 8-9 months on those cards. Just guessing off the top of my head but I don’t think any of those would be valued over $1,000-$1,500 so you would send them at the lowest submission level, unless you wanted to spend more to get them back sooner and even then you are looking at 5-6 months probably. Either option still gets them back before PSA could. Even if they reopen submission levels in July cards will pour in and we will all be waiting 2, 3, 5, 8 months once again. Someone mentioned SGC and I see eBay sales for SGC cards going up a little but still nowhere close to what PSA graded cards bring. Hopefully some of these lesser known TPGs start gaining a little notoriety. Looking at SGC vs some of the other lesser knowns, I would say their grades are closer to what Beckett and PSA would grade a card. SGC has the ugliest flips I’ve ever seen though. They look cheap and unprofessional and in my mind every time I see one my first thought is “that card is junk”, even if the card is perfect, the flip takes away from the card.

• Options
    GOBUCKSGOBUCKS Posts: 47 ✭✭

They have all hit a wall now. CSG was doing OK but they have even come to a grinding halt.