Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC just raised their prices

Lowest price just went from $15 to $25 per card. They also claim they have no backlog. But at those prices, I suspect they will continue to have no backlog.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

that is their bulk price?

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Huge mea culpa letter that preceded the rate increase in the last paragraph.

Here, let me recap-

We are sorry. We were a little fish with a big mouth. We blew it. We love you. We're on it now. We killed it and are ready and able now to follow through on our plans we promised.

Oh, and btw, just this little detail.

FU again.

Peace Out Homies!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Price increases when demand far outweighs the ability to produce are very good business. case in point, the PSA price increase. that was a good decision by PSA and probably should have been implimented sooner.

SGC on the other hand, I dont know as much about. If they are not having backlog issues, a price increase is suspect.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

They cleared their backlog just now THEN raised prices, ostensibly to not create a new backlog...which they apparently have the ability to kill, but don't want to fall into again.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just from reading the grading threads over on BO over the past year plus,I think a lot of the newer people in the hobby who went with SGC a year ago would now rather go with HGA or CSG when it’s not PSA or BGS.