Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HGA - Centering

Even with the naked eye I could see there was more space on the right side than the left side, so odd that A.I. detected the centering as 10-worthy:

https://ebay.com/itm/2020-Bowman-Chrome-Draft-Sapphire-ED-HOWARD-HGA-9-5-GEM-MINT-Similar-to-PSA-10/124565481926?hash=item1d00ae69c6:g:oFMAAOSwvaJgIb2t

Comments

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2021 6:23AM

Not sure what their grading standards are (their website says nothing about any of their grading standards), but it is:

Certainly within PSA 10 centering standards.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Not sure what their grading standards are (their website says nothing about any of their grading standards), but it is:

PSA, yes..I know that...but I would think a 10 using A.I. would be relatively 50/50 all around..I am pretty sure that would have been 1 9.5 centering with BGS, and they don't use A.I.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kepper19 said:

@NGS428 said:

PSA, yes..I know that...but I would think a 10 using A.I. would be relatively 50/50 all around..I am pretty sure that would have been 1 9.5 centering with BGS, and they don't use A.I.

They don't publish their standards from what I can tell, so who knows what they are basing the grades off of. Obviously a 10 does not have to be 50/50 in their book. Unpublished book that is...

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I like their holders and I think their grades are fine from what I have seen so far. Their price point has me priced far out of the game though. Maybe $50 per card is cool if you are flipping these crazy modern basketball cards but not for vintage and 80's stuff or baseball in general.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Curious to see a 10. Agree, this is more for the modern era and quick flip.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06