Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

$250 for a 73 opc PSA 9 pop 1 baseball common SOLD.

Lots of liquidity plus big demand is causing even more serious price action.

I was looking at completed auctions for early 70s OPC baseball and wasn’t surprised at the increase in sale prices.

A 1973 opc Mike Hegan sold for 250 yesterday. I wonder where prices will be even five years from now.

Comments

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

A psa 9 Twins team card from 1973 sells for $272.

A 73 opc psa 8 Reggie Jackson sells for $350. Nicely centered one.

There’s much more from other years too. People can’t get enough of cards, stocks, etc.

Anyone know how other collectible markets are doing ? I’m sure they’re flying high as well.

• waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

I was looking at completed auctions for early 70s OPC baseball and wasn’t surprised at the increase in sale prices.

A 1973 opc Mike Hegan sold for 250 yesterday. I wonder where prices will be even five years from now.

Another POP 1 from 1973 OPC sold today, also for $250: Angel Mangual #625. This is not a high number because the set was issued all at once.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

The government is printing money like it's going out of style, and the stock market is setting record highs.

A lot of folks out there have money, and when they want a card, they're going to buy it. The price doesn't matter much within reason.

Sometimes "reason" doesn't matter either.

@waxman2745 said:

@Goldenage said:

Another POP 1 from 1973 OPC sold today, also for $250: Angel Mangual #625. This is not a high number because the set was issued all at once.

Can you tell if it’s the same buyer or a different one ?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

With some card prices rising rapidly, a good place to check out might be a local B&M store or a flea market, either having a dealer who may be elderly and not paying close enough attention to the price fluctuations.

He may have had a high price listed on a card and it's been sitting there unsold for years. Meanwhile that listed price today could be below wholesale.

Then again, maybe those old guys are sharper than i think. ;)

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously people are chasing the 1973 set in high grade,

146 collectors are in the registry collecting the basic set. The top 18 look pretty serious about it, with sets that are at or near 100% complete and at or above a 8.43 average grade.

Contrast that to the 1987 set with 40 sets started and ONE GUY who has it completed with the #2 collector at less than 30% complete.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

@waxman2745 said:

@Goldenage said:

Can you tell if it’s the same buyer or a different one ?

Sorry Golden, with BIN auctions I am unable to tell who purchased the card. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on how to find the buyer of completed BIN auctions.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Wonder what a 1973 OPC Reggie Jackson in a PSA 9 (no qualifier) would get. It’s a pop 0 card. The reason I ask is because I have a copy in for grading that I am optimistic has a shot at an 8.5 or 9 grade.

@PNWcollector said:
    Wonder what a 1973 OPC Reggie Jackson in a PSA 9 (no qualifier) would get. It’s a pop 0 card. The reason I ask is because I have a copy in for grading that I am optimistic has a shot at an 8.5 or 9 grade.

I guess you could set your own price. Reggie cards are in demand. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

@PNWcollector said:

I guess you could set your own price. Reggie cards are in demand. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

I'll check in with you guys in 8 months when I get the card back :).