Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unknown eBay charges - Return shipping

Yesterday I was charged by eBay for return shipping on an item I haven’t even received yet. I contacted the seller, they didn’t initiate a return, I didn’t.

Contacted eBay and PayPal and they both keep pointing the finger at each other. It is a charge from eBay but eBay has no record of it.

Anyone else have some inaccurate charges come from eBay lately? It’s only a few bucks, but wanted to give others a heads up in case it is more widespread.

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure it isn't phishing?

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

That was my first thought. When I disputed it in PayPal they closed the dispute stating it was an authorized payment with EBay. It was not unauthorized per PayPal.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

@daltex said:

That was my first thought. When I disputed it in PayPal they closed the dispute stating it was an authorized payment with EBay. It was not unauthorized per PayPal.

Oh, so you actually got charged. I was hoping you just got an email saying that you were charged. If it is on your statement that is a much bigger problem. I'm sorry.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@NGS428 said:

@daltex said:

Oh, so you actually got charged. I was hoping you just got an email saying that you were charged. If it is on your statement that is a much bigger problem. I'm sorry.

Yes, actually a charge deducted from my PayPal balance. I logged in and it looks legit from eBay. PayPal Transaction has the exact description used on the card when it was on eBay.