Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Philippines

Hey all! Any new PI collectors on the boards these days? I'm back in the badlands for a couple of years and looking forward to going on the hunt again after a 5 year hiatus.

Comments

• Very nice one peso piece. I have mostly U.S. Occupation of the Philippines coinage. I would love to get my hands on some 2 and 4 pesos (1861-68). Have you ever seen the revolutionary coinage of Panay or Malolos?
    Sullykerry: Numismatic interests: Canada, Newfoundland, Japan pre-WWII, Ireland, Commemorative Coins (1892-1954) Celtic. References available on request.
  • bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never liked the child heads on these but the toning is superb on this.
  • PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coin!

I'm a fan of Isabel II coins of both Spain (1833-1868) and Philippines (1861-1868). Hard to find them as nice as yours though!

• FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice one peso piece. I have mostly U.S. Occupation of the Philippines coinage. I would love to get my hands on some 2 and 4 pesos (1861-68). Have you ever seen the revolutionary coinage of Panay or Malolos? >>

I also like USPI. Don't recall ever seeing a Panay/Malolos coin, but I'll look into it while I'm here.

<< <i>Very nice coin!

I'm a fan of Isabel II coins of both Spain (1833-1868) and Philippines (1861-1868). Hard to find them as nice as yours though!

image >>

Great coin! I love Spanish Philippine gold, especially in mint state.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey all! Any new PI collectors on the boards these days? >>

Send me that peso, and I'll start collecting 'em avidly! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Have one of those 1868 Filipinas 4 Peso gold coin (about XF). From a group that my grandmother gave 1 each to my father and his 4 other siblings. Handed down to me after my father passed.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • jepoyjepoy Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Hi mr filamcoins, nice to see your here again. Its been a while that no new post regarding philippine coins here in the forum.
  • HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Not mine anymore.

imageimage
  • Beautiful toning!
    DellrugbyPM
  • She is a bit rough, but I would not kick her out of my collection image
    DellrugbyPM

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m winding down my Philippines. Just keeping a few rare ones such as this Manila Mint inauguration medal in gold.