Home Sports Talk

Best receiver I ever watched...Terrible Athletic Director

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

_USC athletic director Lynn Swann tendered his resignation on Monday effective immediately, university president Carol Folt announced in an email, a shocking update just two games into football season.

And while the statement announcing his departure attempted to highlight the academic achievements during his time at USC, Swann’s tenure was marked by scandal and two FBI investigations involving the athletic department.

Former assistant basketball coach Tony Bland pled guilty in January to felony conspiracy to commit bribery in the college basketball and shoe company scandal that has swept the sport. Bland admitted to making payments to try to land top recruits at USC

Then USC was swept up in the college admissions scandal earlier this year, when senior associate athletic director Donna Heinel and water polo coach Jovan Vavic were alleged to have received bribes to help parents use athletic admission standards to get into USC. _
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/09/lynn-swann-resigns-as-usc-athletic-director-effective-immediately/

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

HOF players sometimes are not good coaches 🤷‍♂️

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Swann must have gone to Isiah Thomas School of Sports Management.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe USC can check with OJ about the vacant AD position.

If OJ has additional free time available to him (after spending hours each day from looking for the killer of his ex wife and Ron Goldman on golf courses) he maybe the appropriate high profile person with a direct connection to Trojan gird iron glory to become the next AD.

:)

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

"Maybe USC can check with OJ about the vacant AD position."

Now that's funny. At least that bum got some jail time.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Admission scandals take opportunities away from people that worked really hard. I knew of a tennis player once, exceptionally bright, could do basically anything he wanted in life. He graduated from Harvard and played on the tennis team there all 4 years. He began taking entrance exams for incoming students. When I heard what he was getting popped for I couldn't believe it. How could this gifted kid engage in something he knew was wrong, when he has such a bright future ahead of him. I could kind of understand it if it was just a one time thing to help a close friend make it into the college of their dreams. Then it just would have been a stupid mistake. But no, he got tempted by the lure of easy money.

I am not going to say who it is or that I really knew him. I knew one of his teammates and that led me to follow the results of the team and its players.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.